Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Sep 13, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #2,041 of 3,534
Yeah absolutely agree there, I prefer transparent to neutral myself, LPGT is a blank canvas the cable and IEM / headphone can paint on.
Nothing I have heard is as transparent as this... if your LPGT gets you a sterile or clinical sound that's because you pair it with an IEM or headphone that is
If it feels too dry you can always use the EQ to paint it however you like!
Wish I had the money right now to get the LPGT!

Sep 13, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #2,042 of 3,534
Wish I had the money right now to get the LPGT!
Then just get the P6K, similar with less extension and has more body in bass and lower mids. Slightly less sibilance in treble. You can change that in EQ, it just won't have the extensions like the LPGT has.

Sep 13, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #2,043 of 3,534
Never found the LPGT to be sibilant personnally, unless the IEM is :)

Sep 19, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #2,045 of 3,534
Does anyone know if the 4.4mm line out is grounded please? (ie: are all 5 poles used on the LPGT)

Sep 19, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #2,046 of 3,534
Does anyone know if the 4.4mm line out is grounded please? (ie: are all 5 poles used on the LPGT)

Yes it is, these 2 points are 4.4mm shielded ground and connect to the chassis ground of the LPGT.

IMG_20200920_011013.jpg

Sep 19, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #2,047 of 3,534
Yes it is, these 2 points are 4.4mm shielded ground and connect to the chassis ground of the LPGT.

IMG_20200920_011013.jpg
Excellent - thank you very much :)

Sep 20, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #2,048 of 3,534
FLACs? I was just talking to someone about the exact same problem with tracks from hdtracks. I hope they are not selling up-sampled tracks, cause LPGT can't decode it. Funny that some other daps can read those files, maybe they use different flac decoding? There is utility, lossless audio checker, which suppose to scan and tell you if your file really lossless or up-sampled.
I tought it was my SD card that was faulty, 30% of my music is from HD track and the Lotoo can't play it.... 🙄 So i have to convert all my files in again in Wave or flac.

Sep 20, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #2,050 of 3,534
I have had zero issues with music from HD Tracks on my LPGT and LP6K, whether the files are upsampled or not shouldn't make a difference, are you sure the Lotoo is reading your file names correctly? Because playback as well as album art can be corrupted if the files are not renamed appropriately for the player.

I use a program called "TagScanner" to set up a renaming scheme for my music files (number). - (track name)

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 2:26 AM Post #2,051 of 3,534
I have had zero issues with music from HD Tracks on my LPGT and LP6K, whether the files are upsampled or not shouldn't make a difference, are you sure the Lotoo is reading your file names correctly? Because playback as well as album art can be corrupted if the files are not renamed appropriately for the player.

I use a program called "TagScanner" to set up a renaming scheme for my music files (number). - (track name)
I did upload directly to my SD card from HD tracks. And sometime its working, sometime not at all. I reconvert everything and its working, but i loose all my Album Art this way. I have only a Macbook Air.. Don't know if this "TagScanner" will work. I have many other albums that is not supported on the Lotoo and my other Hiby Dap no problem... I will look at the update of the player also..

Sep 20, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #2,052 of 3,534
I did upload directly to my SD card from HD tracks. And sometime its working, sometime not at all. I reconvert everything and its working, but i loose all my Album Art this way. I have only a Macbook Air.. Don't know if this "TagScanner" will work. I have many other albums that is not supported on the Lotoo and my other Hiby Dap no problem... I will look at the update of the player also..

Unfortunately the Lotoo sorts and reads files based on their file names instead of tagging information so you may have to do some renaming to fix this issue.

Also things to note, the Lotoo is most compatible with exFAT format for sd cards, if you want full compatibility, you may have to format your sc card to exFAT on the player itself.

It is most optimal to resize your album art to 480x480 which matches the Lotoo's native resolution.

TagScanner or similar programs can do both bulk rename and album art resize.

If album art is slow to load, try deleting system settings on the Lotoo and it will do a factory settings wipe on the device only and album art will load very quickly.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #2,053 of 3,534
Just to add to the above posts, I have lots of HDTracks and other hi-res files (and even some upsampled tracks) and my LPGT played them all with no issues :)

Sep 20, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #2,054 of 3,534
From the people who attended the road show: The chip is the same; the circuit design and power are different (more powerful). The sound is also different. Some people say it becomes “more analytical” and “less forgiving”.
Overall, I think you are right that this is more like a regular update - like moving from iPhone X to iPhone XS.

Some pics with more details:

I like to see some enhancement on internal circuits for noticeable sound improvement. Just changing the chassis to titanium to make it special edition would not earn my vote for possible purchase. I like the sound of P6 but poor reliability makes me seek for another compact player and thought lpgt ti would be a good option.

Sep 20, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #2,055 of 3,534
Just found an excellent custom PEQ setting for my Lotoo for my Solaris 2020 and everything sure sounds so much better and more alive. Lotoo is definitely a keeper, small size, good driving power, a custom PEQ that actually works.

I just wish you could edit on the existing premade PEQs like "Headphone", I love that setting too!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back