Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Jan 22, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #1,696 of 3,520
What is the bass like in the LPGT? I read the LP6k has more bass impact.
i have both lpgt and lp6k. i don't know how someone rates any aspect of the bass performance of the lp6k above the lpgt's bass performance. in my opinion, compared to the lp6k, the lpgt produces more quantity, deeper, more resolution, greater breadth and depth, more weight, greater separation and detail of bass. i don't recall the difference in the bass speed. perhaps, that's what's meant by impact. i could possibly see someone rating the lp6k higher here, perhaps, because the ease, liquid and musical presentation of the lpgt could seem slower. e..g, i could see someone saying lp6k sounds more energetic. again, the effortless flow of the lpgt could create the illusion of less energy. it's not.

the time only time that i may prefer the bass performance of the lp6k is while listening through my ultimate ears ue11 pro, which ue designed to be bass heavy. on the lpgt with ue11, the bass feels a bit too much and, i can eq it down, except, i only use ue11 with lp6k.

Jan 22, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #1,697 of 3,520
Anybody know the output impedance of the LPGT (SE and balanced, if the z-out is different for both)?

Did this question ever get answered, search didn't return anything.

I am curious since Lotoo doesn't publish but there is no sign that the OI would be high it would have been noticed with lower impedance IEM a long time ago... still, find it old that they don't publish this.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #1,698 of 3,520
Did this question ever get answered, search didn't return anything.

I am curious since Lotoo doesn't publish but there is no sign that the OI would be high it would have been noticed with lower impedance IEM a long time ago... still, find it old that they don't publish this.
I never found out. I reached out to the various distributors here in the US, but never heard anything back.
I've never had a chance to measure one either, so can't even give you my own numbers. Sorry!

Jan 22, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #1,699 of 3,520
I never found out. I reached out to the various distributors here in the US, but never heard anything back. I've never had a chance to measure one either, so can't even give you my own numbers. Sorry!

Thanks for the reply :)
This is not really an issue, just curious as I said if there was a higher OI people would have spotted it a long time ago!

Jan 22, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #1,700 of 3,520
i have both lpgt and lp6k. i don't know how someone rates any aspect of the bass performance of the lp6k above the lpgt's bass performance. in my opinion, compared to the lp6k, the lpgt produces more quantity, deeper, more resolution, greater breadth and depth, more weight, greater separation and detail of bass. i don't recall the difference in the bass speed. perhaps, that's what's meant by impact. i could possibly see someone rating the lp6k higher here, perhaps, because the ease, liquid and musical presentation of the lpgt could seem slower. e..g, i could see someone saying lp6k sounds more energetic. again, the effortless flow of the lpgt could create the illusion of less energy. it's not.

the time only time that i may prefer the bass performance of the lp6k is while listening through my ultimate ears ue11 pro, which ue designed to be bass heavy. on the lpgt with ue11, the bass feels a bit too much and, i can eq it down, except, i only use ue11 with lp6k.

Thanks. Saving up for the LPGT.

Jan 22, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #1,701 of 3,520
Maybe Lotoo will consider to release in the future a LPGT with one or two AK 4499Eq chips?
It's bound to happen or perhaps with the successor of AK4499Eq but i am not specifically looking forward to it unless there is an audible difference of course which is not obvious as the best sounding daps are not necessarily the ones with latest DAC as you very well know.

I think it would be more interesting if they could take their time and find any innovative way to improve implementation surrounding the DAC. Indeed any manufacturer can and will put flagship DAC onboard on their daps and it is the business of AKM and ESS to release new Dac every year or so which has relatively low added value.

Jan 24, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #1,703 of 3,520
So... just a few days with LP6K and I love it so much that I want more of the same... as it turns out someone already buying my LP6K (and selling the N6ii + E01).

Big thanks to Andrew at MusicTeck for helping me make that dream come true... the LPGT order is in I am sooooo excited!!!

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #1,704 of 3,520
So... just a few days with LP6K and I love it so much that I want more of the same... as it turns out someone already buying my LP6K (and selling the N6ii + E01).

Big thanks to Andrews at MusicTeck for helping me make that dream come true... the LPGT order is in I am sooooo excited!!!
The lpgt is a great great dap. I'm sure you'll love it

Jan 24, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #1,705 of 3,520
The lpgt is a great great dap. I'm sure you'll love it

The audition I had was just a few minutes but left me such a strong impression... I am sure I'll love it!

Jan 24, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #1,706 of 3,520
The audition I had was just a few minutes but left me such a strong impression... I am sure I'll love it!

Plus, LPGT interface is nearly carbon copy of LP6k, so you can start using Touch out of the box without a need to figure out anything :wink:

Jan 24, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #1,707 of 3,520
Plus, LPGT interface is nearly carbon copy of LP6k, so you can start using Touch out of the box without a need to figure out anything :wink:

Not more customization options in LGPT?
Menus are quick to figure out anyway :)

Only thing I need is micro SD to SD card adapter or an SD Card now :p

Jan 24, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #1,708 of 3,520

For some reason, I wasn't able to use a micro-SD-to-SD-card adapter with the LPGT. It just wouldn't read. I'd recommend getting a full-on SD card.

Jan 24, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #1,709 of 3,520

Yes, using micro SD is one thing you will miss :) I'm using SD card now, but I recall trying sandisk micro SD with its original sandisk SD adapter and it was working OK.

Settings customization is nearly identical, if I recall. And you are gaining in LPGT hardware over-sampling (XRC) and support of DSD512, plus step up in DAC and some extra power.

Jan 25, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #1,710 of 3,520

Big thanks to Andrew at MusicTeck for helping me make that dream come true... the LPGT order is in I am sooooo excited!!!
So you prefer the LPGT (or LP6k) over the N8? Could you state why? Just curious :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back