Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Jan 4, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #916 of 3,520
These issues will be fixed in the next firmware update.
Dear sirs,

Thanks for your feedback for our PAW Gold Touch.
1. About your folders shows "0items", this issue will be fixed in the next version of the firmware.
2. The lyric display issue will be optimized in the next version of the firmware.

Jan 4, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #917 of 3,520
Jan 5, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #919 of 3,520
It's not a formatting issue, it's a software issue. I've formatted the card on the device and on the computer. It will format to exFAT regardless.
This bug happen on 200GB card as well but you have to fill the card to almost max capacity to see it. I leave a couple gigabytes free. You'll see some folders with "0items" but not as much as on a 400GB card. I manually checked every folders on the card.
This bug does not happen on their MKII. There is no way to update database on the LPGT but you can on the MKII.
Have you tried to delete the database file in card and let LPGT rebuild the database?

Jan 5, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #920 of 3,520
Reading as many reviews comparing LPG to the Touch as I can. I still love the gold Sundial look. LOL

Jan 5, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #922 of 3,520
Can you add some links to some of those comparisons? Thanks

Heading to work now... I will try to do it later. Some of the links were the earlier ones quoted in here on the first page. I fell in love with the basic, fast user interface and the gold wheel.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #923 of 3,520
Lotoo finally listen and they just release a bunch of new multi-language updates for their devices. The language choices are limited.
There is a good chance we will be able to update a firmware with English on the Korean or the Japanese version of the Touch.
Still no new update for the Touch and they told me no timetable for it but I am hoping it will be by the end of this week or early next week.
http://www.lotoo.cn/en/about/support/download/

Jan 9, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #924 of 3,520
Lotoo finally listen and they just release a bunch of new multi-language updates for their devices. The language choices are limited.
There is a good chance we will be able to update a firmware with English on the Korean or the Japanese version of the Touch.
Still no new update for the Touch and they told me no timetable for it but I am hoping it will be by the end of this week or early next week.
http://www.lotoo.cn/en/about/support/download/

They sat back while I lost $1,300 switching/selling the "J" version and getting a good price on an English one from Musictek.

Never said a cuss word (easy excuse to ignore a customer so i did not do it...I payed attention) they blocked me and my close to $4,000.00 payin a**.

They could have said some variation of "Please wait". I apparently ate over $1,000 for nothing.

Thanks lotoo!

Going to buy every DAP you release regardless of cost and give my 2 cents

Lotoo Paw Gold Touch?

Screen backlight is issue for $300 DAP.....5 years ago.
Cover fit is poor, causes glass cover to peel off screen
Freezes playing DSD128 sometimes

See ya around for ...EVER!

giphy.gif

Jan 9, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #925 of 3,520
They sat back while I lost $1,300 switching/selling the "J" version and getting a good price on an English one from Musictek.

Never said a cuss word (easy excuse to ignore a customer so i did not do it...I payed attention) they blocked me and my close to $4,000.00 payin a**.

They could have said some variation of "Please wait". I apparently ate over $1,000 for nothing.

Thanks lotoo!

Lotoo Paw Gold Touch?

giphy.gif

Wow freezes over DSD128 ? And yet they advertised to be doing DSD512 ? Wow!

Jan 9, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #926 of 3,520

Thanks lotoo!

Lotoo Paw Gold Touch?

You got burned pretty badly.
Even though mine is in Korean, I just get used to the interface.
It bum me out that not all the songs show up on a 400GB card. I haven’t seen issue with DSD128 yet.
I know they had problems with DSD when gapless is turned out but it was fixed in the recent update.

Look like I posted misinformation, the firmware for the order devices are region locked. You can’t pick and choose language yet they have the same firmware number for all region on the Touch.

Jan 9, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #927 of 3,520
It bum me out that not all the songs show up on a 400GB card. I haven’t seen issue with DSD128 yet.
I know they had problems with DSD when gapless is turned out but it was fixed in the recent update.

Look like I posted misinformation, the firmware for the order devices are region locked. You can’t pick and choose language yet they have the same firmware number for all region on the Touch.

With some of the issues and reading in here, I think I'm just going to get the LPG 2017. I have to sell Diana first though.

Jan 9, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #928 of 3,520

I hope they get a rep who can interface with the public. A lot of stuff can get taken care of if they had a guy like Paul (iBasso) or Joe bloggs (FiiO, hiby ,next lucky company) It is huge.
Musictek really stood up and made a really bad loss less painful. Props to them and Twister. The Lotoo was in my last vid and I like it but this service at the $$$ level is ....well...not what I had hoped.
Good luck with that Korean unit. Mine is English now and it is so much easier to make playlists and little stuff. I feel your pain. It was mine a month ago.
Good luck! :)

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #929 of 3,520
I hope they get a rep who can interface with the public. A lot of stuff can get taken care of if they had a guy like Paul (iBasso) or Joe bloggs (FiiO, hiby ,next lucky company) It is huge.
Musictek really stood up and made a really bad loss less painful. Props to them and Twister. The Lotoo was in my last vid and I like it but this service at the $$$ level is ....well...not what I had hoped.
Good luck with that Korean unit. Mine is English now and it is so much easier to make playlists and little stuff. I feel your pain. It was mine a month ago.
Good luck! :)
How would you compare the sound to the Calyx M? Is there an upgrade on sound quality or just another flavor? (e.g. cleaner, more analytical etc.)

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #930 of 3,520
How would you compare the sound to the Calyx M? Is there an upgrade on sound quality or just another flavor? (e.g. cleaner, more analytical etc.)

I like Calyx as a pure music player. It has my favorite sig. The Lotoo is a neutral surgical knife for EQ geeks. Take the PEQ out of this and go just on playback I take Calyx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back