Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Jun 20, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #3,287 of 3,519
I'm still debating which Lotoo DAP is going with me on our next ten days trip. Paw 6000 or the LPGT Ti. The P6K is lighter but the sound doesn't come close to the Ti. I'd be devastated if I damaged or lost the Ti during the trip.
I agree, my LPGT Ti stays home and as much as I would like to carry it around, can't bear the risk of damaging/loosing it while doing so. Even my IEMs. Outside my home means falling back to TWS sadly. Not so bad still and it always makes me happy I have a DAP and IEMs to go back to afterwards.

Jun 20, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #3,288 of 3,519
I agree, my LPGT Ti stays home and as much as I would like to carry it around, can't bear the risk of damaging/loosing it while doing so. Even my IEMs. Outside my home means falling back to TWS sadly. Not so bad still and it always makes me happy I have a DAP and IEMs to go back to afterwards.
I think the fact that Ti is not only expensive but also a limited run, which seems to have now come to an end, makes the prospect of taking it out and potentially damaging it in any capacity makes the prospect all the more undesirable. Once it's gone, it's gone.

Jun 22, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #3,289 of 3,519
Here's a question for LPGT users with amps: I find on my Ti, there's quite the difference in terms or connecting from SE vs balanced when connecting to an amp. Namely; SE seems to have higher output and sound somehow more "robust." Note, this is LO which in theory should be equal in terms of output. It may well be an idiosyncrasy of the amp I'm using (Mass Kobo) but if anyone else has observations of SE/balanced LO, I'd be delighted to hear.
Hello all, for anyone interested I heard back from Lotoo about this. Seems like it might be related to a particular kind of 4.4mm IC. I quote:

Hello there. According to our inquiry with the RD team, if the SE and balanced outputs are the same in PO mode, it indicates that the DAP itself is functioning properly. The RD team speculates that the issue may be with the 4.4 conversion balance cable. If the wiring sequence is incorrect, it could result in a voltage reduction, where 2V becomes only around 1.2V.

This could well be the case because I was mostly using Brise Audio interconnects designed for Mass Kobo amps. However, I did also try Plussound and ifI and had similar results. Curious to know, therefore, which 4.4mm IC Touch users are using....?

Jun 22, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #3,290 of 3,519
If anyone in Europe is looking for a LPGT Ti, hit me up.
I have to part with mine!
IMG_9162.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #3,291 of 3,519
You're no doubt right, but does this explain why SE LO seems to produce a higher output than balanced even when they're both set to 2V?
Can't answer that question, I haven't purposefully compared 3.5 and 4.4 specifically in line output mode.

Jun 22, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #3,293 of 3,519
Of course, no streaming, no touch, clunky UI - but really not that much of an issue. Its success as a player depends on how well your files are organised. Once that's in place, it's fairly effortless. Plus, despite being 2017 old, the 2017 scans a 1TB card in just a few minutes.
I don't think Lotoo's interface is bad. It works well, it is stable, and despite its minimalism, it has its own recognizable and convenient design.

Jun 22, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #3,294 of 3,519
I don't think Lotoo's interface is bad. It works well, it is stable, and despite its minimalism, it has its own recognizable and convenient design.
Yes, just note I'm describing Lotoo Paw Gold 2017 here rather than Touch. I'm a huge fan myself and take immense pleasure in the VU metre reading. I'm just saying, from the perspective of today's DAP world, with the focus on a smartphone like presentation, it's not for everyone.

Jun 22, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #3,295 of 3,519
Nothing to do with portability - perfectly pocketable. Just not terribly at ease sipping my café noisette while completing the morning's crossword and simultaneously ensuring the Ti is free of grime, dust, croissant flakes, and other pollutants, human or otherwise :coffee::croissant:

Others in the Lotoo Ti camp might be braver than I :muscle:
I have comfortably and long used LPGT for portable use. In transport, or even in a pocket for cycling in the park - quite convenient. Feels a little in the pocket, but does not weigh.

Jun 22, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #3,297 of 3,519
I'm still debating which Lotoo DAP is going with me on our next ten days trip. Paw 6000 or the LPGT Ti. The P6K is lighter but the sound doesn't come close to the Ti. I'd be devastated if I damaged or lost the Ti during the trip.
Therefore, in such cases, I will keep the player in my pocket.

Jun 22, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #3,298 of 3,519
I'm sticking with Paw Gold 2017 (dread the thought of a juice spillage on the Ti!)

20230622_095221.jpg
I don't think Gold 2017 will feel any better if you spill something on it either)

Jun 28, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #3,300 of 3,519
IMG_20230623_170634-01.jpeg

Good combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back