Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Dec 14, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #2,251 of 3,548
Is it possible to connect an external usb drive to the LPGT through the usb-c port to listen the music stored in it ? I think this is called USB Host.
I just tried this with my external SSD and it doesn't work. The LPGT doesn't recognise it as a supported device. Looks like the LPGT only supports UAC through the USB C port and nothing else OTG related.. Would be neat if Lotoo would work on that, although I really don't see myself using that.. and as @noplsestar said, why not use a 1TB SD card.. unless you have 2TB worth of files :wink:

Dec 14, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #2,252 of 3,548
I just tried this with my external SSD and it doesn't work. The LPGT doesn't recognise it as a supported device. Looks like the LPGT only supports UAC through the USB C port and nothing else OTG related.. Would be neat if Lotoo would work on that, although I really don't see myself using that.. and as @noplsestar said, why not use a 1TB SD card.. unless you have 2TB worth of files :wink:

Thanks for having taken the time for doing the test. I thought I would ask as I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere and I have used it a couple of times with other daps. The 1TB SD card is indeed the best solution.

Dec 14, 2020 at 2:12 AM Post #2,253 of 3,548
Thanks for having taken the time for doing the test. I thought I would ask as I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere and I have used it a couple of times with other daps. The 1TB SD card is indeed the best solution.
only took a couple of minutes, so no worries. :)
yeah, other - Android based - DAPs support USB OTG for external harddrives.. but Lotoo doesn't use Android as base of their OS, so I am guessing it would have to be developed by them first.

Dec 16, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #2,258 of 3,548
When you play a DSD file and using the PMEQ, does the Lotoo convert the DSD file to PCM?
When I play the DSD without any extra settings, I cannot use any PMEQ. Not sure whether this can be achieved with some system settings; never play with those things. :)

Dec 16, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #2,259 of 3,548
I see. Thanks, that of course makes sense. Let us know how the Hugo2 compares to the LPGT!
Just got my Hugo 2 today and was able to do some initial comparisons between it and the LPG, which shares many similarities with the LPGT. I think Michael is spot on in the comparison. Lotoo’s products reveal the “personality” of the IEM, and simplify reflects what the manufacturers want them to sound like. The Hugo 2, on the other hand, makes whichever IEM sound really good.

One striking example I experienced tonight is with Fir M5. With LPG it is intense but impressive. All the layers of the music are clearly separated. You hear all the details and this sometimes can get a bit overwhelmed, and the music can appear to be bright and “sharp” with some “edges”. On the other hand, Hugo 2 smoothes out those edges while keeping the excellent details and layering of the music. Which one is better is really a judgement call.

Me personally would like Lotoo better since my intention of trying different IEMs is I want to experience how different companies design their product to present the music, and I want to be able to tell if the company is doing a good job or not. I like it making Fir M5 sound like the M5. If you just want to enjoy whichever IEM that comes to you, Hugo 2 is better.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #2,260 of 3,548
Geeze, I just couldn't resist. I had to have one of 999 units to be made. I also had to re-acquire 1 of 999 DX220MAX. At any rate, the LPGT Ti looks absolutely stunning in the pictures.
Congratulations, will look forward to your impressions!
What happens if they release 1998 units for the next one? Will you buy 2? Or just a half? :wink:

Dec 18, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #2,261 of 3,548
Here is some titanium eye-candy:

https://www.spill.hk/audiovisual/Lotoo-PAW-Gold-Touch-Titanium-review/

And here, for those interested, the google translation about sound

Music playback test
4.4mm bright, detailed and dynamic, 3.5mm thick, warm, smooth and full of flavor

In this test, we used FAudio’s Project Y in-ear headphones for trial listening. First, we broadcast several popular vocals by Jacky Cheung "Li Xianglan", Huang Shuman "Light Causes Pain", and He Yunni "Across the Sea to See You". The 4.4mm balanced output sound is quite bright, controllable, and full of rhythm. The vocals are three-dimensional, with clear lines and high enough analytical power. Appropriate reverberation and fine-tuning make the music still enjoyable; while the 3.5mm output will be warmer and thicker The sound, the tone is quite lingering and smooth, the details and dynamics are slightly less than 4.4mm, but listening to vocals, sketches, and lyric songs is good.

Lotoo's PAW Gold Touch (PAW Gold Touch) is a very popular and well-reviewed DAP. This time, the newly-launched upgraded version of PAW Gold Touch (Titanium) uses TA15 titanium. Made of alloy, it is more noble, and the world is limited to 999.
Then try John Williams in Vienna 〈Main Title〉 and 〈Mozart Violin Concertos in D major KV 218, I. Allegro (QMA remix 2016)〉. The 4.4mm high frequency extension is sufficient, and the violin's penetrating power is very strong. It is not harsh, the lines and image of the instrument are more prominent, the low frequency and Project Y are both dynamic and flexible, full of momentum, and the sound field is wider. Switching to 3.5mm to listen to this kind of large system, I thought the sound quality would not be as good as 4.4mm, but in fact the thicker and warmer sound is quite analog. Although the analytical power of 4.4mm will be a little more prominent, the thickness and texture of the instrument presented by 3.5mm are also quite moving, and it is very enjoyable to listen to. It is worth mentioning that the backgrounds of both are quite quiet, and the sound is clean and comfortable.

Lotoo's PAW Gold Touch (PAW Gold Touch) is a very popular and well-reviewed DAP. This time, the newly-launched upgraded version of PAW Gold Touch (Titanium) uses TA15 titanium. Made of alloy, it is more noble, and the world is limited to 999.
If it is classified simply and roughly, Tiju’s 4.4mm is suitable for listening to classical music and 3.5mm is suitable for listening to fashion. But in fact, the tuning of Titanium Chrysanthemum is very subtle, 3.5mm is comfortable and durable to hear without losing dynamics and stimulation, 4.4mm has clear music lines, high analytical power, stronger dynamics, but maintains a proper charm. When listening to the original soundtrack of "The Dream of the Stars", I couldn't help but listen to it once with 3.5mm and another with 4.4mm. The human voice and the instrument are half and half each, and it is a bit difficult to distinguish between each other. Compared with the previous Moju, the specifications of the two are similar, but the tuning is different. The 4.4mm sound of Tiju is a little more exciting, the high and low frequency extensions are exhausted, and the control is better; and 3.5 The thick and warm charm of mm is more obvious, more pleasant to the ears, and thick but soft, sweet and rich in layers. The kind of subtle or even mysterious tuning, if the headphones are properly matched, will make people listen to it a little moved.

to sum up
The excitement of 4.4mm vs the touch of 3.5mm

Testing the PAW Gold Touch (Titanium) is an enjoyable process, most of the time it fluctuates between 4.4mm and 3.5mm. When listening to 4.4mm, I feel that the details and dynamics are full and the layers are rich, and the performance is better than 3.5mm. When listening to 3.5mm, I feel warm and durable, and the moving charm is more beautiful than 4.4mm. The result is that after listening to 4.4mm, then listening to 3.5mm, after listening to 3.5mm, then listening to 4.4mm. Of course, the price of close to 30,000 yuan and the limited edition of 50 units are both difficult to get started. However, the sound of Tiju may not be other DAP, and even Moju can provide it. Especially when many high-end DAPs in recent years have tended to focus on balancing the output, there is even a saying "Buy 4.4mm/2.5mm and get 3.5mm". The 3.5mm output of Titanium Chrysanthemum is even more commendable. It is the most beautiful and heard by Achi. The most touching 3.5mm.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #2,264 of 3,548
Dec 19, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #2,265 of 3,548
Mine should be arriving today. Can’t wait!
BTW, if you want to customize the boot screen, I believe Andrew from Musicteck should be able to help you. If not, you can PM me and I should be able to help you pass your request to the people at Lotoo.

A pic of the customized boot screen I steal from a LPGT Ti user.

Attachments

• 1CF6430B-3A6B-4789-AEAC-7D57A3EEB9DB.jpeg
    1CF6430B-3A6B-4789-AEAC-7D57A3EEB9DB.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back