Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Dec 4, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #2,221 of 3,527
I think for the dealers there aren't many customers in this price range, should be enough for the lotoo fans.
I disagree. There are many customers in this price range. Just look at the prices of all the other flagship DAPs (except Fiio etc.)
Also: I am no Lotoo fanboy and ordered the ti (also Someone I know). I hope it just is a great DAP, or in other words „the best“ for me. And that it has a good synergy with my can. If not, it will be sold quickly.

Dec 4, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #2,222 of 3,527
I disagree. There are many customers in this price range. Just look at the prices of all the other flagship DAPs (except Fiio etc.)
Also: I am no Lotoo fanboy and ordered the ti (also Someone I know). I hope it just is a great DAP, or in other words „the best“ for me. And that it has a good synergy with my can. If not, it will be sold quickly.
Yeah there are lots of people looking for a device at this price range, maybe I have under estimated the size of this market.
I agree most people buy it simply for the sound quality and overall experience. Because brand does not mean a lot and sound quality means a lot.

Dec 5, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #2,226 of 3,527
Just a quick question, but I'm using Korean ver LPGT. Do we have any solution to change the language to English?

Internal firmware seems only Korean.
No! You are stuck with Korean language. I hate they do this.

Dec 9, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #2,228 of 3,527
@bluestorm1992 and @LotooFanboy please let us know what the audiophiles in mainland China think about the new ti when they received it and post first impressions!
Just saw a review of the LPGT Ti from an audiophile in China. He is from one of the major Hifi retailers so do take this review with a grain of salt.

The build feels very nice and premium; a significant step up from the original LPGT which already has an excellent build.

The improvement in both 3.5mm and 4.4 output from the original LPGT is large, particularly the 3.5mm output.

The author of the review primarily tests the 4.4mm output with two full-size headphones: ATH WP900 and Sony Z7M2. The difference to him is huge. With LPGT Ti in high gain, the sound is much more dynamic, rich, and the overall "control" in music presentation is a significant step up. However, it is also even more revealing than the original LPGT, therefore requiring high-quality music files.

Finally, for the IEM Sony IER-Z1R, the original LPGT reaches 90% of its potential but the LPGT Ti is even better.

Attachments

• 85DB13CB-099B-4EBE-AC75-6B729578313B.jpeg
    85DB13CB-099B-4EBE-AC75-6B729578313B.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 9, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #2,229 of 3,527
Just saw a review of the LPGT Ti from an audiophile in China. He is from one of the major Hifi retailers so do take this review with a grant of salt.

The build feels very nice and premium; a significant step up from the original LPGT which already has an excellent build.

The improvement in both 3.5mm and 4.4 output from the original LPGT is large, particularly the 3.5mm output.

The author of the review primarily tests the 4.4mm output with two full-size headphones: ATH WP900 and Sony Z7M2. The difference to him is huge, simply because the original LPGT lacks sufficient power to drive these full-size headphones. With LPGT Ti in high gain, the sound is much more dynamic, rich, and the overall "control" in music presentation is a significant step up. However, it is also even more revealing than the original LPGT, therefore requiring high-quality music files. I think the reason is, again, primarily because it can now appropriately drive the full-size headphones to reveal all the details.

Finally, for the IEM Sony IER-Z1R, the original LPGT reaches 90% of its potential but the LPGT Ti is even better.
What do you mean the original LPGT lack sufficient power to drive the HP? The TI 4.4 has the same output spec as the original LPGT, only the 3.5 have more power. NEVER take a retailer/dealers advice on a product they sell. They are selling the device what else you expect them to say. Lol.

Dec 9, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #2,230 of 3,527
What do you mean the original LPGT lack sufficient power to drive the HP? The TI 4.4 has the same output spec as the original LPGT, only the 3.5 have more power. NEVER take a retailer/dealers advice on a product they sell. They are selling the device what else you expect them to say. Lol.
I am just translating what they said. The sentence of "I think" is from my personal read from them since the whole article keeps talking about the original LPGT makes the music muddy to them when using full-size headphones. I have deleted the corresponding contents of my read to make this a pure translation.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #2,231 of 3,527
BTW, I just browsed through the chats from a group of users who received the LPGT Ti, and they all seem to conclude that there is a significant improvement in the 4.4mm output. The CMO of Lotoo said there are some significant changes made to the 4.4 output as well, which is not necessarily reflected in the output specs.

Dec 9, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #2,232 of 3,527
BTW, I just browsed through the chats from a group of users who received the LPGT Ti, and they all seem to conclude that there is a significant improvement in the 4.4mm output. The CMO of Lotoo said there are some significant changes made to the 4.4 output as well, which is not necessarily reflected in the output specs.
Let me ask andrew from musicteck and see what his impressions of the LPGT TI with a grain of salt of course. If i do decide to get one i will let you know if it's an improvement or not compare to my original LPGT.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #2,233 of 3,527
Let me ask andrew from musicteck and see what his impressions of the LPGT TI with a grain of salt of course. If i do decide to get one i will let you know if it's an improvement or not compare to my original LPGT.
That would be great! Since I also don't have the LPGT Ti, the best I can do is to share the impressions from others... Direct experience is always the best!

Dec 9, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #2,234 of 3,527
Yes, please let us know what he thinks about the ti in comparison to the original. In particular I am interested how the 3.5 and 4.4 differs and if now the 3.5 (with more power) is the better way to go for headphones.

Dec 9, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #2,235 of 3,527
Not directly related to the LPGT. Lotoo just now launched its new USB digital interface PAW D1. It is USB-C in and does NOT require extra power supply. More (English) information coming very soon. Expected to start shipping to the US in January.

Retails for 1999 RMB (305 USD) in mainland China.

Attachments

• 49DD586F-C309-4EE5-8299-D5787D442FAB.jpeg
    49DD586F-C309-4EE5-8299-D5787D442FAB.jpeg
    543.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1912C493-3EFC-4F67-804D-A7F1D5D620BD.jpeg
    1912C493-3EFC-4F67-804D-A7F1D5D620BD.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back