Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Aug 21, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #826 of 1,457
Well owning some other DAPs believe IT COULD.
Thank you for your help from me too 👍😀

It is odd that the PMEQ is one of the biggest reasons people buy the LP6K/LPGT, yet getting to that function is so convoluted. Oh well, switching an EQ setting on or off is very easy, and I do that a lot more than making a new setting.

Aug 21, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #827 of 1,457
It is odd that the PMEQ is one of the biggest reasons people buy the LP6K/LPGT, yet getting to that function is so convoluted. Oh well, switching an EQ setting on or off is very easy, and I do that a lot more than making a new setting.

It’s strange that Lotoo don’t explain how to access the PMEQ ... either in there manual or on their website....

Just one more reason that makes this forum so valuable to us all.... 😃

So far I have set up a couple of schemes on the 6K... one for the Ara and one for the Solaris... I keep playing with it, moving the bands and gains etc ....

The battery doesn’t seem to like being used for creating your own schemes ... I found it drains quite a lot..... but playing of Flac files is giving me about 14/15 hours at between 55/60....

Before using this particular DAP I didn’t realise how much my music files differ in volume...! It’s caught me out a few times when I just play all on shuffle...!!:L3000:

Aug 21, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #828 of 1,457
I have only very briefly heard a K mod WM1A and my memory of it was that the WM1A was very warm rather than the natural of the unmodded...

The P6K is much more neutral but there’s a lot of flexibility, I have found, in the PMEQ... the Solaris sounds much more airer and I know exactly how that holographic stage should sound now I have heard them on the P6K...
The Ara sound is really complemented by the P6K ...

I am blown away by the P6K....for me it’s far better than any DAP I have owned or heard....

II am enjoying it so much...
WM1A/Z++ is a firmware mod, not hardware, it brings out the potential of WM1A.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #829 of 1,457

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #832 of 1,457
I suspect it might be more prudent to use the Paw Pico for such a purpose.

Sure thing. Not to mention some many little, budget and pocket - armband friendly daps of the likes of Shanling m0 and Q1, Fiio m3, Hidizs AP80 pro (with FM radio too; the double Sabre copper version is pretty great sounding), Hiby M3Pro / Saber. These I believe are good sounding and size perfect devices for sport. Seems nonsense and less pratical to risk LP6k integrity.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #833 of 1,457
From the home screen: Settings > EQ Settings > PMEQ > [click the file icon in the top right corner] > [click "add" at the middle bottom] > [name the EQ file] > [click OK] > You're in!

Couldn't be simpler! :upside_down:

I've given up on finding a way to do custom EQ. So I was super happy to read this post. Except in the settings menu my EQ Setting and ATE options are greyed out. Any ideas?

EDIT: this may help ...
http://www.lotoo.cn/uploads/media/pmeqen.pdf

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #834 of 1,457
I've given up on finding a way to do custom EQ. So I was super happy to read this post. Except in the settings menu my EQ Setting and ATE options are greyed out. Any ideas?

EDIT: this may help ...
http://www.lotoo.cn/uploads/media/pmeqen.pdf

The preset EQ settings are grayed out on that menu simply because you cannot select them to edit. Your own user-created EQs should be in white and be able to be selected.

The ATE settings on the other menu are in white, but you cannot select them to edit. (Would have been nice to have some consistency there).

One really cool feature is that for EQ presets and ATE, you can add them to or take them off of the list of options that you see when activating the PMEQ options screen from the music-player screen. So, for example, if you hate the Dental setting, you can make it so that it never shows up as an option while you're playing music. You can also straight up delete it, but that seems a bit harsh.

You can make lists of EQ presets under My Scheme. Meaning that you could group all your IEM EQ settings together as one scheme and all your headphone EQ settings together as another and then, in theory, that's... better somehow? I guess if you were really trying to hone in on an EQ, you could make several versions and then cycle through them more quickly that way.

Aug 24, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #835 of 1,457
Find "Hardware Decode" option in settings and set it to Auto, and now you have access to custom EQ tweaking!

Aug 24, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #836 of 1,457
Find "Hardware Decode" option in settings and set it to Auto, and now you have access to custom EQ tweaking!

Good call! I've added that to my OP, and sprinkled in some key words to make it more searchable. Hopefully that helps in the future.

Aug 26, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #838 of 1,457
I found that if you access the Lotoo Paw Gold manual there is more information on using the PMEQ and making schemes etc

I also found this stand alone guide from Lotoo regarding using the PMEQ (found more by luck than judgement)

Hopefully others might find it useful so I attach the 3 pages of the guide here.
498DE41D-CEEB-42A3-B0B3-27B6077B628E.jpeg

DFF2D11C-AE3A-4815-91B8-0C17F2D3BC4B.jpeg

77410478-7DDB-483C-B34E-AC69497E2D67.jpeg

Aug 28, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #840 of 1,457
I don't know about the rest to you but it kinda annoys me that it repeats alot of certain songs I have in my card. Even when I would skip it and shut the device off for a little bit and resume where I left off a few songs later there it goes the same song I keep skipping because it keeps coming up and mind you this is a card with 30,000 songs. the probability shouldn't nowhere as often as it is.

But overall the player is my favorite and best I've heard so everything else is great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back