Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jul 16, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #736 of 1,457
You are downloading from a server in China, maybe they are throttling IPs from India :D But seriously, if it is slow then you can download it directly from http://www.lotoo.cn/english/bottom/Service/Download/Hi_Fi_Music_Player/2020/0427/80.html and then follow instructions in zip file where to copy the fw file for local installation.

Hey, this was the second time I faced this issue while updating, so thought of putting up. But yes the throttling part may be true.

Jul 17, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #737 of 1,457
I just received my Lotoo Paw 6000 yesterday. So far the only complaint that I have is that the album art takes some time to upload if I scroll down fast, and my SR15 was actually much quicker at doing this which is surprising.

The sound signature is great. It seems to really highlight the intended sound signature of whatever is plugged into it, which as of now if the Campfire Audio Vega.

Jul 17, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #738 of 1,457
I just received my Lotoo Paw 6000 yesterday. So far the only complaint that I have is that the album art takes some time to upload if I scroll down fast, and my SR15 was actually much quicker at doing this which is surprising.

The sound signature is great. It seems to really highlight the intended sound signature of whatever is plugged into it, which as of now if the Campfire Audio Vega.

Album art will load much faster if the micro sd card is exFAT, and the album art in a smaller size.

Jul 17, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #740 of 1,457
The format type, I'm guessing you have FAT32 on your card right now which is compatible with Astell&Kern players but the Lotoo seems to work best with exFAT.

Jul 17, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #743 of 1,457
I just formatted the "TF card" and it deleted all of my music. I tried reinstalling my card and the music isn't being recognized... :frowning2:
Formatting the card within the dap means putting the card into a native configuration best suited to the Lotoo OS. This is the way to make it run smoothly and quickly. It will delete all content, indeed - but I'm assuming you knew what formatting would entail, correct?

Jul 17, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #744 of 1,457
Formatting the card within the dap means putting the card into a native configuration best suited to the Lotoo OS. This is the way to make it run smoothly and quickly. It will delete all content, indeed - but I'm assuming you knew what formatting would entail, correct?

Unfortunately I did not know this, so I'm guessing I need to re-download all of my music back on my SD card now?

Jul 17, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #747 of 1,457
Dang it lol

Jul 17, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #750 of 1,457
It's interesting because I'm living with folks who are used to playing music from their smart phones, and they saw me with the LP 6000 and said that it looked like it was from the 1960's...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back