Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Apr 1, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #498 of 1,457
Hi,

Have the PAW6K on order can anyone recommend a decent cable as need to change to 4.4mm balanced.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

The question is too vague. What earphones or headphones are you using? What cable are you using with it now? Do you want to change anything about the sound with a stock cable or is this just for convenience of bal connector? What is your budget?

Your sig has Empyrean cans. If that's what you are looking to upgrade, Meze offers fantastic pure copper cable for it, I covered it in my Empyrean review here.

Apr 1, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #499 of 1,457
The question is too vague. What earphones or headphones are you using? What cable are you using with it now? Do you want to change anything about the sound with a stock cable or is this just for convenience of bal connector? What is your budget?

Your sig has Empyrean cans. If that's what you are looking to upgrade, Meze offers fantastic pure copper cable for it, I covered it in my Empyrean review here.

Hi,

I have been using Shure SE846 with all my other Daps with stock cable as they only accepted 3.5mm.
Now this new Dap has 4.4mm Balanced i would like to purchase a new cable for it.I am concidering Effect Audio Leonidas II.

What are your thoughts on this cable and do you recommend any others?

Thank you.

Apr 1, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #500 of 1,457
Hey guys, went to test out the 6000 today at local dealer and it doesn't want to read my Lexar 512 GB card. Every time I plug the card in, it goes ballistic yellow on the screen. Has anybody encountered this with 512GB card? My 256GB seems fine with it. Same situation with the Paw Gold Touch. Make me wonder whether it is my card, Lexar, or the DAP...

Hi,
I am having this issue with Samsung Evo+ 256gb Micro SDXC card.No sooner i insert the card it crashes so i have a decent memory card that i can no longer use in this new Dap.

Anyone using a Samsung Evo+ 256 SDXC Memory card without issues?

See JPEG.

Attachments

• 20200401_203048.jpg
    20200401_203048.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #501 of 1,457
Hi,

I have been using Shure SE846 with all my other Daps with stock cable as they only accepted 3.5mm.
Now this new Dap has 4.4mm Balanced i would like to purchase a new cable for it.I am concidering Effect Audio Leonidas II.

What are your thoughts on this cable and do you recommend any others?

Thank you.

Good cable choice! Though, I don't have SE846, hard to recommend cable if I didn't hear the iem.

With samsung card problem, does it fail with every card like that? I only trust and use sandisk cards, those are more common. Maybe something wrong with your card?

Apr 1, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #502 of 1,457
Good cable choice! Though, I don't have SE846, hard to recommend cable if I didn't hear the iem.

With samsung card problem, does it fail with every card like that? I only trust and use sandisk cards, those are more common. Maybe something wrong with your card?
Hi,
Fixed the issue with the card by formating it,according to lotoo support from the jpeg i sent to them the player was picking up errors in some of the flac files stored on the card.

Apr 3, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #503 of 1,457
I have my PAW6000 since around 3 months ago and I could not be happier, sound is around 85-90% the performance of the Touch, but literally at half the cost, so I think this offers a pretty good value.

Using the 4.4 mm balanced output it's also noticeable the improvement in separation and soundstage, it's not a huge one, but it's there, specially with high resolution iems/headphones.

Apr 3, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #504 of 1,457
Has anyone had the chance to compare lotoo 6000 to original lotoo paw gold?

I had the Lotoo Paw Gold as well, and it has a more "V" shaped sound signature, with a bit more recessed mids. On the other hand the PAW6000 I think it sounds more balanced and with better tonality, it goes just great with all kind of music. But maybe if you're a hip-hop/ dance music fan might prefer a more coloured sound signature like the "old" Paw Gold has.

Anyway having a good screen makes life and music navigation so much easier, so only for that the upgrade makes sense to me :)

Cheers

Apr 3, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #505 of 1,457
PAW6K powers my Empy's no problem at all,they sound great.

Apr 3, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #506 of 1,457
I had the Lotoo Paw Gold as well, and it has a more "V" shaped sound signature, with a bit more recessed mids. On the other hand the PAW6000 I think it sounds more balanced and with better tonality, it goes just great with all kind of music. But maybe if you're a hip-hop/ dance music fan might prefer a more coloured sound signature like the "old" Paw Gold has.

Anyway having a good screen makes life and music navigation so much easier, so only for that the upgrade makes sense to me :)

Cheers

Of course, the signature will be relative to the sound sig of your IEMs/headphones :) But yeah, original LPG has a little more low-end lift, and that extra sub-bass rumble can give the perception of more v-shaped sound sig. While, fuller body sound of PAW6k gives it a more balanced sound.

Been doing lately a lot of LPGT vs LP6k comparison since I'm planning to finish my PAW6k review soon. And these sound quite different to me, with Touch having more neutral-revealing reference sound while PAW6k having neutral-natural fuller body sound. Plus, in quite a few pair ups and comparisons PAW6k lifted the low end with more rumble and impact, not by a lot, but was noticeable to my ears.

And, indeed, after switching to touch screen, it is really hard to go back :D

Apr 5, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #508 of 1,457
So you're saying the Paw 6000 is powerful enough to drive Empyreans well? How big would you say is the difference between it and comparably priced desktop gear?
You have no concerns with the PAW6K powering the Empy's i have it around Vol 55 out of 100 and that is plenty loud enough powering them with ease.
Set to High Gain in playback on PAW6K.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #510 of 1,457
Have you ever had MrSpeakers Ethers? And if so, how difficult would you say they are to drive compared to Empy's?
Hi,
Sorry i have not had experience in using the MrSpekers Ethers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back