Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Dec 27, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #108 of 1,457
I’ve had the Lotoo Paw 6000 for a couple of weeks now and it really is an absolutely fantastic DAP. I’ve tried many DAPs this year in the mid-tier and upper-tier price brackets - ibasso DX160 / 220, Fiio M11 / M11 Pro, Hiby R6 Pro, Shanling M6, Cayin N6ii and A&K SP1000M to name a few - but there’s something about the Lotoo PAW 6000 that makes it my overall favourite DAP to date. Sound wise it beats all of the others hands down, at least in my opinion. It’s an extremely clean, transparent and detailed sound signature with a hint of warmth and a very very good parametric EQ. But add to that a great form factor, fantastically quick and simple GUI, super fast boot up, and a battery which gives me more than 14 hours in balanced mode which drives my Aeon 2 headphones with plenty of power to spare, and you’ve got yourself a winning combination. Without doubt a long term keeper.....

Dec 27, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #109 of 1,457
I’ve had the Lotoo Paw 6000 for a couple of weeks now and it really is an absolutely fantastic DAP. I’ve tried many DAPs this year in the mid-tier and upper-tier price brackets - ibasso DX160 / 220, Fiio M11 / M11 Pro, Hiby R6 Pro, Shanling M6, Cayin N6ii and A&K SP1000M to name a few - but there’s something about the Lotoo PAW 6000 that makes it my overall favourite DAP to date. Sound wise it beats all of the others hands down, at least in my opinion. It’s an extremely clean, transparent and detailed sound signature with a hint of warmth and a very very good parametric EQ. But add to that a great form factor, fantastically quick and simple GUI, super fast boot up, and a battery which gives me more than 14 hours in balanced mode which drives my Aeon 2 headphones with plenty of power to spare, and you’ve got yourself a winning combination. Without doubt a long term keeper.....

How does the LP6K sound compared to the N6ii? Those are my final two as to which to get. I understand the N6ii can stream on its own and the LP6K can stream from a smartphone.

Dec 27, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #110 of 1,457
The LP6K has significantly more clarity and transparency with little to no colouration of the sound. It also has an excellent PEQ if you like to tweak the sound. The Cayin N6ii has its own house sound and is darker but that doesn’t mean it’s lacking anywhere across the spectrum. If you like the A&K sound then you’re likely to enjoy the LP6K very much. If you’re more of a Sony fanboy then the N6ii might be a better match for you. I haven’t tried streaming on the LP6K but it is possible to send Tidal, Spotify etc from a phone via high quality Bluetooth to the LP6K using LDAC etc...

Dec 27, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #111 of 1,457
The LP6K has significantly more clarity and transparency with little to no colouration of the sound. It also has an excellent PEQ if you like to tweak the sound. The Cayin N6ii has its own house sound and is darker but that doesn’t mean it’s lacking anywhere across the spectrum. If you like the A&K sound then you’re likely to enjoy the LP6K very much. If you’re more of a Sony fanboy then the N6ii might be a better match for you. I haven’t tried streaming on the LP6K but it is possible to send Tidal, Spotify etc from a phone via high quality Bluetooth to the LP6K using LDAC etc...

I like the QP1R sound. I also like the QP2R sound. Not sure if you have heard them, but the LP6K, sounds closer to them than the N6ii.

Dec 27, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #112 of 1,457
I dont think we know till we try, I really liked my LPGT when I had it but I didn't think it was worth 4 or 5 times my Fiio M11Pro (when I had it lol) I sold them both to go towards a new kitchen. Now I'm enjoying Shanling M6, Plenue M2, Plenue P2, Plenue L, paw5kii, heavily modified xuelin ihifi990 plus I have a few daps as mod projects.

Dec 27, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #113 of 1,457
I dont think we know till we try, I really liked my LPGT when I had it but I didn't think it was worth 4 or 5 times my Fiio M11Pro (when I had it lol) I sold them both to go towards a new kitchen. Now I'm enjoying Shanling M6, Plenue M2, Plenue P2, Plenue L, paw5kii, heavily modified xuelin ihifi990 plus I have a few daps as mod projects.

How does the Shanling M6 sound compared to the LPGT and the others?

Dec 27, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #115 of 1,457
How does the Shanling M6 sound compared to the LPGT and the others?

The M6 with Neutron does a really good job against it. I have the high quality PEQ and upsample capability also. Not sure if the LPGT goes all the way to 768khz but the M6 does and sounds fantastic, it doesn't have as much power as the LPGT, probably more in line with the 6000 but drives what I use.
p.s. I also sold my N6II A01/T01 too to finish the kitchen :/ Now the 6000 if its close to LPGT then its much better value, I'd like to try one out.

Dec 27, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #117 of 1,457
My favourite android dap is the M6 (tried most others) my second favoirite is the echobox which i forgot to mention (both with Neutron, shanlings eq in its player is naff) One is AK one is Burr-Brown. And with the Cowons, one of each, AK, BB, ESS all have there own sound sig I and love them all and the pure dap experience. Which is what you will get with the 6000 bringing the thread back on track, I may post more info in the M6 thread. The Lotoo PAW 5K2 is quite remarkable as its tiny and weighs next to nothing but sounds great, its new big brother is on my radar, just a shame Lotoo are ripping off english/euro language countries again, I can get the chinese 6000 for the same price as an M11Pro :/

Dec 27, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #119 of 1,457
I think you should not give up on N6ii, now that module E01 came out, I think your thoughts may change or who knows?

Dec 27, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #120 of 1,457
I think you should not give up on N6ii, now that module E01 came out, I think your thoughts may change or who knows?

Absolutely, I like the N6ii, epecially with T01 and wanted E01 but needed the cash and was probably the easiest to sell. I haven't ruled out another N6II with E01 or even an N8. I would like to compare a 6000 with E01 oh and with plenue L as it the same dac as E01.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back