Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jun 27, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #676 of 1,457
Or you can just rename everything in foobar2000 file operations. Sample: %artist% - %discnumber%.%track% - %title%

Duuuuuuuuuuude!! Thanks a million! This is going to save me so much time.

It took me a little while to figure this out, so I'm to spell out the process step by step for my future self and for others who may not be as familiar with Foobar2000.

How to mass edit or batch edit filenames so tracks play in order:
  1. In Foobar2000, right-click on the album or artist, genre, or "all music" (to do a set of albums).
  2. Click "file operations," then "rename to..."
  3. Find the box called "filename pattern." Enter the pattern you want for how files are named in the folders.
  4. For single disc albums, I use %track% %title% so that files are named like: 01 Sample. This saves some display room on the Lotoo. For multiple disc albums, I use %discnumber%.%track% %title% so that files are named like 1.01 Sample.
  5. Make sure it looks correct under the "destination" column, then click "run."

Jun 27, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #677 of 1,457
For multiple CD albums I just start the second CD numbering sequentially after the first CD. So if the first CD has 15 tracks, the second CD would start with number 16.

Jun 28, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #679 of 1,457
Which iems have a good synergy with paw 6000?
Campfire audio: Andromeda (i've added some highs with peq), Solaris, Solaris SE (thats fantastic collaboration, my everyday setup). Solstice sounds with lp6k great too. Very linear and deep bass.
Andromeda gold smashed my head by its BASS. Much more organic gold sounded with dacportable.
Empire Ears Legend X sounds great, full body sound with a lot of emotions. Valkyrie had too much lows for me. Wraith is incredibly linear and technical. If you like signature like this.
Luna - not for me. Very light bass with perfect speed and textures, but with no mass.
Shozy Pola had some pit on high mids, i didn't like that. But for some styles was good.

Jun 28, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #680 of 1,457
I'd reckon it'd be one that terminates in MMCX. Jokes aside, cables don't make a difference.
Here's a reasonably-priced cable.
And here's a less reasonably-priced one, but it's made of silver, if that's what you're into.
I don't have a 4.4 cable for xelento that's why I m looking for one,
Campfire audio: Andromeda (i've added some highs with peq), Solaris, Solaris SE (thats fantastic collaboration, my everyday setup). Solstice sounds with lp6k great too. Very linear and deep bass.
Andromeda gold smashed my head by its BASS. Much more organic gold sounded with dacportable.
Empire Ears Legend X sounds great, full body sound with a lot of emotions. Valkyrie had too much lows for me. Wraith is incredibly linear and technical. If you like signature like this.
Luna - not for me. Very light bass with perfect speed and textures, but with no mass.
Shozy Pola had some pit on high mids, i didn't like that. But for some styles was good.
which iem best for orchestral music, please?

Jun 28, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #682 of 1,457
Just had my first set of Bluetooth headphones 1000XM3 as they came free with my latest Sony mobile.
Listening to these XM3's using Sonys LDAC i must say sounds pretty decent through the PAW6K not a bad freebie.
Bluetooth connection is 100% stable.

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #683 of 1,457
Between the Solaris, the Solaris SE, and the Solstice, which has better imaging and separation?

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #684 of 1,457
Between the Solaris, the Solaris SE, and the Solstice, which has better imaging and separation?
Solstice SE is more transparent with more detailed highs and better separation. Lows a little bit forced, solstice's lows are more linear. SE's mids are great, caresses your ears, if you are mid-oriented like me. Ine of the best mids i've heard.
Solaris Original gives way to limited edition in tecnicity on all range. SE has more expressed 3D sounding effect.
I've written review on Solaris SE and OG, Solstice and some others one, but only on russian. Sorry for my English. Google translate can help you with them, i think https://era-in-ear.com/author/dmytro-fedorchenko you can find all of them here

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #685 of 1,457
Solstice SE is more transparent with more detailed highs and better separation. Lows a little bit forced, solstice's lows are more linear. SE's mids are great, caresses your ears, if you are mid-oriented like me. Ine of the best mids i've heard.
Solaris Original gives way to limited edition in tecnicity on all range. SE has more expressed 3D sounding effect.
I've written review on Solaris SE and OG, Solstice and some others one, but only on russian. Sorry for my English. Google translate can help you with them, i think https://era-in-ear.com/author/dmytro-fedorchenko you can find all of them here
Thank you, sir - very helpful. I'm actually bit a of a treble head, though I like a lot of sub-bass to offset the high end. Mid-focused is not so much my thing. Have you by chance been able to compare these to the Ara? Detail retrieval and imaging are my aims, but with a deep reaching and controlled bass. I have the Empire Ear Bravado and I need something way more linear to compliment them.

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #686 of 1,457
Thank you, sir - very helpful. I'm actually bit a of a treble head, though I like a lot of sub-bass to offset the high end. Mid-focused is not so much my thing. Have you by chance been able to compare these to the Ara? Detail retrieval and imaging are my aims, but with a deep reaching and controlled bass. I have the Empire Ear Bravado and I need something way more linear to compliment them.
Ara are not yet represented in Ukraine. But soon i will make review on them too.
I tested Bravado few weeks ago. Good, but my heart goes to Legend X :) Perfect lows, luxury highs, mids are little bit on background, but don't loose weight, like with Valkyrie. And really BIG stage. Not so big like with Wraith, but really airy.

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #687 of 1,457
Ara are not yet represented in Ukraine. But soon i will make review on them too.
I tested Bravado few weeks ago. Good, but my heart goes to Legend X :) Perfect lows, luxury highs, mids are little bit on background, but don't loose weight, like with Valkyrie. And really BIG stage. Not so big like with Wraith, but really airy.
Yep, I think the Wraith would be ideal for me, but it's a little out of my budget. The Bravado's are fun - are very comfortable - but they're indeed technically limited. Would love to try the high-tier Empire Ears at some point.

Jun 29, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #688 of 1,457
I use MusicBee to sync to my MicroSD card. It allows you to set a file naming scheme for the sync which helps ensure the tracks are in order on the player. It also will automatically resize artwork to your preferred dimensions (480px) and embed the art which this player seems to like. MusicBee is free and supports large libraries.

So on the PC keep a 2000px folder.jpg file and then use Musicbee to embed is at the chosen size when syncing? Right now I have 800x800 images embedded in all FLAC files. What size folder.jpg do you recommend since Musicbee can resize it during transfer to any dap?

If one already has embedded cover art as I, can Musicbee replace with folder.jpg if it is desired for a larger image on transfer. What is your recommendation? Just keep my embedded 800x800 cover art and not keep a separate folder.jpg?

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #689 of 1,457
So on the PC keep a 2000px folder.jpg file and then use Musicbee to embed is at the chosen size when syncing? Right now I have 800x800 images embedded in all FLAC files. What size folder.jpg do you recommend since Musicbee can resize it during transfer to any dap?

If one already has embedded cover art as I, can Musicbee replace with folder.jpg if it is desired for a larger image on transfer. What is your recommendation? Just keep my embedded 800x800 cover art and not keep a separate folder.jpg?

480x480, as the minimum dimension is 480 (screen resolution is 800x480).

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #690 of 1,457
480x480, as the minimum dimension is 480 (screen resolution is 800x480).

I know, but my question is what is the best size to keep on my PC as I can use Musicbee to downgrade it to any dap as needed. At the time of burning my CDs five years ago, I thought 800x800 was adequate, but that does not mean now or in the future.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back