Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jan 15, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #211 of 1,457
Nice impressions @Wyville the teasing doesn't hep me not so patiently waiting on mine... USPS taking its sweet time...

Jan 15, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #212 of 1,457
Nice impressions @Wyville the teasing doesn't hep me not so patiently waiting on mine... USPS taking its sweet time...
Sorry to hear that my friend, but (if it helps) I have never had issues with USPS, so hopefully it will go smoothly for you as well. Fingers crossed!

Jan 15, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #213 of 1,457
I haven't heard the N6ii (sadly, because I think it looks very interesting), but I got the PAW6000 in earlier today and have been playing around with it for a few hours. You might be interested to know that I think it works very well with the Phantom and Trio.

General first (straight out of the box) impression is that I am absolutely loving the PAW6000 already. The build quality feels great and I love the shape, this is exactly how I like a DAP to be. It is a little bit like a smaller size, ergonomic brick that sits really nicely in my hand. It powers up extremely quickly and the UI is intuitive and super fast. It only took a little bit more time to figure out how to get to the PEQ and that was purely because (like a typical man) I ignored the manual. The sound (no burn in yet) is impressive and addictive with my IEMs (DITA Fealty, Empire Ears Phantom and 64 Audio Tia Trio). I agree with @abitdeef's earlier impressions that it feels clear and open with a big stage and excellent dynamics. I also find that the imaging is very good, very stable and with a super black background for notes to contrast against. So yeah, first impressions are really good and I look forward to spending a lot more time with this DAP!

I'm really loving this thing, I swear the seperation/stage is even better after running this in a bit. But it could be me just adjusting :) There's something liberating about just booting straight to the home page with 'everything' there and your music front and center one touch away from playing :)

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #214 of 1,457
Depends on what you want. Do you want android with the ability to change modules?

Or do you want a non android dap with a super fast simple UI and a smaller footprint and weight?

Both have good build quality and good battery life- although I like the fit and finish on the 6000 myself. And sound quakity of course is subjective like most stuff we talk about but I think the 6000 is better on that front personally. It's more accurate and natural sounding in tone and has more room (air) in it's presentation.

Where n6ii with A01 stock has some added coloration and can sound denser and richer. Not that 6000 is analytical it actually sounds very musical, it's not strictly neutral.

But n6ii does have other modules- which I haven't tried. Both sound good, probably depends on yourcusage needs, n6ii is a better value on paper.

This is all imo of course :wink: just do what I do and put that after most comments on here mentally.

There's no real absolutes or definitive best sounding or best dap because we all hear different and have different needs expectations.

I haven't heard the N6ii (sadly, because I think it looks very interesting), but I got the PAW6000 in earlier today and have been playing around with it for a few hours. You might be interested to know that I think it works very well with the Phantom and Trio.

General first (straight out of the box) impression is that I am absolutely loving the PAW6000 already. The build quality feels great and I love the shape, this is exactly how I like a DAP to be. It is a little bit like a smaller size, ergonomic brick that sits really nicely in my hand. It powers up extremely quickly and the UI is intuitive and super fast. It only took a little bit more time to figure out how to get to the PEQ and that was purely because (like a typical man) I ignored the manual. The sound (no burn in yet) is impressive and addictive with my IEMs (DITA Fealty, Empire Ears Phantom and 64 Audio Tia Trio). I agree with @abitdeef's earlier impressions that it feels clear and open with a big stage and excellent dynamics. I also find that the imaging is very good, very stable and with a super black background for notes to contrast against. So yeah, first impressions are really good and I look forward to spending a lot more time with this DAP!

Thanks! I am really thinking the LP6k is the one for me, but I have not ruled out the LPGT either. Those are the two I am most interested in, but I think the LP6K is enough if one does not do DSD and does not connect headphones to it. They are similar enough from what I hear, but I just use IEMs with my portable equipment. Headphones get the desk unit or home stereo system.

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #215 of 1,457

I know your pain, mine set 5 minutes away for 2 days because UPS doesn't do saturday delivery in my area. They said I couldn't pick it up because it was in 'transit' even though it was just in my neighborhood ups hub.

And usps can be maddening at times. I've caught my carrier not getting out of the truck to deliver a package and just putting a 'deliver attempt' note in my box.

I chased her down one time and got my package by golly. Lazy, lazy

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #216 of 1,457
Still is in time though, USPS Priority Mail International is just not the fastest... french post will get the package soon and then it's in the pipes. Things is I asked for DHL last time to MusicTeck and it was much much more expensive which surprised them so they covered it at their expense (classy, again thanks to Andrew!). I figured I could wait a a bit but not I read on their website 6 to 10 days and I am toe tapping... :p

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #217 of 1,457
I'm really loving this thing, I swear the seperation/stage is even better after running this in a bit. But it could be me just adjusting :) There's something liberating about just booting straight to the home page with 'everything' there and your music front and center one touch away from playing :)
Yeah, completely agree. After reviewing a couple of Android DAPs I love having the simplicity of the PAW6000, which fits me personally a lot better than running multiple apps, etc. I had fun with Android, but ultimately all I really care about is the music.

I will definitely give it plenty of time to run in, as I aim to take my time with this review so I can be more thorough and enjoy it more at the same time.
Thanks! I am really thinking the LP6k is the one for me, but I have not ruled out the LPGT either. Those are the two I am most interested in, but I think the LP6K is enough if one does not do DSD and does not connect headphones to it. They are similar enough from what I hear, but I just use IEMs with my portable equipment. Headphones get the desk unit or home stereo system.
I would love the LPGT, but I think that the PAW6000 makes for a great "baby-LPGT" and so I had been following the news about it for quite some time. It is mostly about what you really need. I don't have headphones and only a few DSD albums, none of which are above DSD256, so there is no reason at this point in time to step up to the LPGT... except maybe for that little audiophile devil on my shoulder whispering in my ear to keep climbing the summit. :D

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #218 of 1,457
Yeah you're right @Wyville but I have heard the LGPT and I can't unhear it... you don't need DSD512 to notice the difference really, the one thing I must say though LGPT is highly detailed like almost too much at least for my brain lol... to me the main selling point vs LP6K is not extra detail or power or even XRC upsampling, but the Blackfin chip and the hardware DSP that comes with it I quickly toyed with it but liked what I heard. But it sures is a lot more money so it's luxury... more headroom also.

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #219 of 1,457
Yeah you're right @Wyville but I have heard the LGPT and I can't unhear it... you don't need DSD512 to notice the difference really, the one thing I must say though LGPT is highly detailed like almost too much at least for my brain lol... to me the main selling point vs LP6K is not extra detail or power or even XRC upsampling, but the Blackfin chip and the hardware DSP that comes with it I quickly toyed with it but liked what I heard. But it sures is a lot more money so it's luxury... more headroom also.
I haven't heard the LPGT, but on paper it ticks all the right boxes with everything you mention, including the headroom, which I love for classical music especially. The price though is too far out for me at the moment. At least it is something for me to dream about while I wait for my wife to earn her professorship (I'm an idiot, so I might as well bet on her to get there first :p).

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #221 of 1,457
i don't appreciate the glare on screens. so, like on all my devices with gloss screens, including the lpgt and mobile phone, i installed a matte screen on the lp6k. and, since i have a tendency to drop things, i also install lanyards with clips that allow me to attach devices to my clothes, airplane seat belt or backrest pocket, belt loops, gym shorts/shirt, gym equipment, bags, etc.

20200115_095106.jpg
20200115_094712.jpg
20200115_095027.jpg

Jan 15, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #223 of 1,457
i don't appreciate the glare on screens. so, like on all my devices with gloss screens, including the lpgt and mobile phone, i installed a matte screen on the lp6k. and, since i have a tendency to drop things, i also install lanyards with clips that allow me to attach devices to my clothes, airplane seat belt or backrest pocket, belt loops, gym shorts/shirt, gym equipment, bags, etc.

Nice, reminds me of zx300 screen.

Jan 15, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #224 of 1,457
I haven't heard the LPGT, but on paper it ticks all the right boxes with everything you mention, including the headroom, which I love for classical music especially. The price though is too far out for me at the moment. At least it is something for me to dream about while I wait for my wife to earn her professorship (I'm an idiot, so I might as well bet on her to get there first :p).

Thankfully I haven't listened to the lpgt. But I have listened to both Sony flagships and Ak sp1000 and this is very comparible to my ears.

Jan 15, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #225 of 1,457
Very close to ordering the LP6K. I just need to convince myself that the extra features of the LPGT do not relate to me. I bought Tia Trio as it is better priced than Fourte. I bought the A12t as it was better priced than the A18t. Of course, I did buy the top Empire Ears IEMs at the time, the Legend X and Phantom. I will not buy the JH Layla, but have the JH Audio Angie. My pattern shows that I usually buy one down from the top as it seems like better bang for the buck. That means the LP6K ticks that box.

Does anyone see any reason to save more for the LPGT? I don't do DSD512 nor do I use Headphones with daps. The blackfin allows the higher DSD resolution and the extra power of the LPGT does headphone, but is more than needed for IEMs. Am I missing something? The battery also last longer in the LP6K than the LPGT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back