Kidding about Nova, but Frontline...

May 28, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #47 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps if you are having a hard time sleeping
wink.gif
icon10.gif

Kidding about Nova, but Frontline...

those two shows hide their bias the best of any news or science program i have seen. it is far too easy to spot the bias on the evening news, kind of ruins it for me.

May 28, 2007 at 11:21 AM Post #48 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I watch Lost I never feel even remotely satisfied. After persevering for 3 three years, I don't feel as though I've been rewarded for watching, I don't trust the show. Lost has failed to entertain me and I've banished it from my TV
wink.gif

I am amazed anybody could last three years! And from what I have read it will go until 2010!

May 28, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #49 of 60
[size=small]I continue to watch Lost because at this point I am in pretty deep, and I’m invested in the characters and the plot. I like shows with depth and intelligence and Lost has both. Lost and Heroes are the only times I turn on my tv. I’m not exaggerating. Before that it was The West Wing. Before that, Babylon 5. When Lost is over I’ll find a new show to watch obsessively. Until then, Lost, and to a lesser extent, Heroes, will be it.[/size]

May 28, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #50 of 60
I am in with lost, but lost makes me lost every time.
The darn producers of this drama know how to make people lost. They should straighten whole story up when the time is right, but I wonder if that is possible or not. Sometimes I feel like these producer guys are lost too, since there is too much things tangled, timeline flying back and forth.

Anyway, I still don't get it about that Russian guy. How many times he get killed and still able to raise himself up from the death, and finally kill charlie with granade in the water? What is this guy? Gosh, he is better than THE JESUS.

And what about the last scene of episode 23?
I thought the lady Jack called in is his ex-wife, but this time it was kate.
It seems like a sort of time shifting after they got out of the island though, there is no explanaion about what happend between this gigolo doc and the girl with questionable past. There is no clue about how they get out of that island either. Who might be the guy kate refer to? Will it be explained at next season? Will they ever able to explain whole thing?

I guess the point of this drama is to make people lost, and keep them that way.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #51 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am in with lost, but lost makes me lost every time.
The darn producers of this drama know how to make people lost. They should straighten whole story up when the time is right, but I wonder if that is possible or not. Sometimes I feel like these producer guys are lost too, since there is too much things tangled, timeline flying back and forth.

Anyway, I still don't get it about that Russian guy. How many times he get killed and still able to raise himself up from the death, and finally kill charlie with granade in the water? What is this guy? Gosh, he is better than THE JESUS.

And what about the last scene of episode 23?
I thought the lady Jack called in is his ex-wife, but this time it was kate.
It seems like a sort of time shifting after they got out of the island though, there is no explanaion about what happend between this gigolo doc and the girl with questionable past. There is no clue about how they get out of that island either. Who might be the guy kate refer to? Will it be explained at next season? Will they ever able to explain whole thing?

I guess the point of this drama is to make people lost, and keep them that way.
smily_headphones1.gif

You are meant to be as clueless as those on the island, IMO, that's the style of the entire show. If you believe the writers, and in this case I actually do, everything will be answered by the end of the series. If you had the answers, why would you watch?

I have a feeling the show was in a no win situation from the get-go. It's too slow and confusing for some, and if it was any different, the fans of the show would balk, so you really can't win. Personally, I like the pace and don't mind not knowing what's going on, especially since the show will end on it's own terms. It beats 99% percent of the junk on TV no matter how you slice it.

May 29, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #52 of 60
Did i slice it? Nope!
I wonder what made you think that way.
I was just asking something I think I can not get it. No theory or analysis involved at all. No slicing, just curiosity. I would appreciate someone can tell me what he think happened though.
I am in it I told you at the begining. I love SFs, and like the drama a lot. It is SF drama, not darn soap opera. What is not to like about?
smily_headphones1.gif

In fact, people made whole lot of theories trying to explain what happened there, but none of them makes complete sense out of the story. So, as you pointed out, we supposed to be clueless as those on island, and that would be normal.
Confused or not, the drama is quite interesting, and people in the drama are quite charactors, isn't it? There are lot of unexplained What factors in it, like that self resurrecting rusian guy and dark screaming cloud that kills, and those What factors would keep people watch at least for a while. Sometimes, being lost at the middle of the drama makes the drama even more interesting.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2007 at 8:52 AM Post #53 of 60
I have a strong feeling the story will eventually turn into 'Alias' type nonsense. The writers will continue this style right to the very end of the sixth season (i.e. introduce more crap + explain nothing), then they all get rescued and the island blows up. Thank you for watching!
rolleyes.gif

May 29, 2007 at 12:54 PM Post #54 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did i slice it? Nope!
I wonder what made you think that way.
I was just asking something I think I can not get it. No theory or analysis involved at all. No slicing, just curiosity. I would appreciate someone can tell me what he think happened though.
I am in it I told you at the begining. I love SFs, and like the drama a lot. It is SF drama, not darn soap opera. What is not to like about?
smily_headphones1.gif

In fact, people made whole lot of theories trying to explain what happened there, but none of them makes complete sense out of the story. So, as you pointed out, we supposed to be clueless as those on island, and that would be normal.
Confused or not, the drama is quite interesting, and people in the drama are quite charactors, isn't it? There are lot of unexplained What factors in it, like that self resurrecting rusian guy and dark screaming cloud that kills, and those What factors would keep people watch at least for a while. Sometimes, being lost at the middle of the drama makes the drama even more interesting.
smily_headphones1.gif

No, you didn't slice it, and I didn't think you did, I'm just giving my commentary on the show as a whole, no pointing it specifically at you.

OK, here's my take on the finale. Jack and others were rescued after Jack makes the call to Naomi's boat. At this point, we aren't sure who was rescued and who wasn't, save for Jack, Kate, the guy in the coffin (unless it was Michael who was already off the island), and the "he" Kate refers to. Everyone else might still be on the island for all we know at this point. It is clear, though, that whatever happened after rescue has Jack convinced they should have never left, and he is desperate to return. Why? Have no clue whatsoever.
biggrin.gif
(Not much of a theory, since it was all pretty much laid out in front of us, but it's the best I got at the moment).

As for the unkillable russian, Mikhail, the black smoke monster, and some other anomalies, the show is clearly sci-fi, so there are elements that won't make "real world" sense, and will have to be explained as the story progresses and eventually ends. The most popular theory running at the moment is the parallel universe or some space/time rip. Jack mentioning his father in the flash forward may be an indication of this, as he was dead before the plane even crashed, but may be alive when Jack returns from the island itself, and many other examples I can't remember this early in the morning
biggrin.gif
. Again, who knows except for the writers?

May 29, 2007 at 12:58 PM Post #55 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a strong feeling the story will eventually turn into 'Alias' type nonsense. The writers will continue this style right to the very end of the sixth season (i.e. introduce more crap + explain nothing), then they all get rescued and the island blows up. Thank you for watching!
rolleyes.gif

I never watched Alias. Was it always sci-fi in nature, or did they turn it in that direction? With Lost it was always fairly clear the something strange/unusual was taking place and the explanation would venture into Donnie Darko territory. Unless, of course, everyone is wrong, and if that be the case, the story will make no sense whatsoever.

May 29, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #56 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, here's my take on the finale. Jack and others were rescued after Jack makes the call to Naomi's boat. At this point, we aren't sure who was rescued and who wasn't, save for Jack, Kate, the guy in the coffin (unless it was Michael who was already off the island), and the "he" Kate refers to. Everyone else might still be on the island for all we know at this point. It is clear, though, that whatever happened after rescue has Jack convinced they should have never left, and he is desperate to return. Why? Have no clue whatsoever.
biggrin.gif
(Not much of a theory, since it was all pretty much laid out in front of us, but it's the best I got at the moment).

I agree. I got the feeling from the flash forward that maybe only Jack, Kate, and maybe a few others got rescued/escaped. And that jack felt compelled to go back and either rescue the remainder of the survivors or perhpas go back (both in a physical and chronological sense) and try a differetn mode of rescue.

As to Charlie's fate -- who knows. Maybe Desmond has the power to alter the time-line, and he doesn't drown after all. Regardless, all the characters (for good or bad) seem to be able to come back as flashbacks (or flash-forwards) as part of the show -- makes it kind of cool, IMO.

I thought Naomi may have had a link to the Military/Dharma, and only used Penelope to find the Island (hence the picture).

May 29, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #57 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree. I got the feeling from the flash forward that maybe only Jack, Kate, and maybe a few others got rescued/escaped. And that jack felt compelled to go back and either rescue the remainder of the survivors or perhpas go back (both in a physical and chronological sense) and try a differetn mode of rescue.

As to Charlie's fate -- who knows. Maybe Desmond has the power to alter the time-line, and he doesn't drown after all. Regardless, all the characters (for good or bad) seem to be able to come back as flashbacks (or flash-forwards) as part of the show -- makes it kind of cool, IMO.

I thought Naomi may have had a link to the Military/Dharma, and only used Penelope to find the Island (hence the picture).

I'm going to assume whatever I assume isn't the direction the show is going, because I haven't been correct yet
icon10.gif
That said, I am thinking that being rescued has somehow altered time (possible 2nd or 3rd parallel universe?), and the world Jack returns to isn't what he left behind. It is close, his ex-wife is still his ex-wife for instance, but something is off.

Jun 8, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #60 of 60
question: have they ever answered any question? like what is the black smoke, the others, all that ****?

i get the sinking suspicion that the creators have given us a million quesitons without any answers

i missed most of the season

Users who are viewing this thread

Back