LOST!
May 25, 2007 at 2:29 PM Post #31 of 60
Also, did anyone see the bit of graffiti on the ground when Jack was about to jump off the bridge? It would have been near where he would have landed.

May 25, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #32 of 60
I think it was a Frank Capra "homage" piece of Its a Wonderful Life

Jack on the bridge about to jump / car wreck (just like George on bridge in IAWL)
Jack taking pills (just like George drinking at Martini's bar IAWL)
Jack going to funeral parlor (George going to cemetary seeing brothers grave he did not save)

The forward flashes are bad things that "might" happen if Jack makes wrong decision, but as we will see next season these are not going to happen as Jack will correct the present situation and alter the future...........just like George Bailey did in IAWL

the only thing missing is move theater sign with "bells of st mary's" and ZuZu's flower petals

wonlife.jpg

May 25, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #33 of 60
**** SPOILER *****

i had a real problem with charlie's death. clearly he had time to get out of the radio room before the room flooded. there was NO REASON for him to have to lock the door. the door opened IN, which meant the massive water pressure would have kept it shut, bolted or not. even if the hatch DID flood, it is a simple matter of swimming back under the structure to the boat for both of them. completely unbelievable. also, what was the one-eyed russian's reason for diving in the water with a grenade, swimming all the way to the radio room window, then killing himself and charlie? it would have been simpler just to stay in the hatch, and lob the gernade at the good guys and take them all out. even so, the russian's suicide makes little sense, besides dramatic effect.

May 25, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #34 of 60
Not to mention that once the water pressure equalized in the room Charlie was in, he could have easily swam his skinny ***** out of the window the Russian blew out with the grenade. That window was plenty large enough for him to fit through! I think it was just a matter of him accepting the future fate that Simon saw, so Charlie wasn't thinking rationally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
**** SPOILER *****

i had a real problem with charlie's death. clearly he had time to get out of the radio room before the room flooded. there was NO REASON for him to have to lock the door. the door opened IN, which meant the massive water pressure would have kept it shut, bolted or not. even if the hatch DID flood, it is a simple matter of swimming back under the structure to the boat for both of them. completely unbelievable. also, what was the one-eyed russian's reason for diving in the water with a grenade, swimming all the way to the radio room window, then killing himself and charlie? it would have been simpler just to stay in the hatch, and lob the gernade at the good guys and take them all out. even so, the russian's suicide makes little sense, besides dramatic effect.

May 25, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #35 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
I had a real problem with charlie's death. clearly he had time to get out of the radio room before the room flooded. there was NO REASON for him to have to lock the door. the door opened IN, which meant the massive water pressure would have kept it shut, bolted or not. even if the hatch DID flood, it is a simple matter of swimming back under the structure to the boat for both of them. completely unbelievable. also, what was the one-eyed russian's reason for diving in the water with a grenade, swimming all the way to the radio room window, then killing himself and charlie? it would have been simpler just to stay in the hatch, and lob the gernade at the good guys and take them all out. even so, the russian's suicide makes little sense, besides dramatic effect.

Yes that was very convoluted and illogical series of events to make plot "fit" the vision that Desmond previuosly described to Charlie...........

A nice touch to make code of jamming device keys the same sound pattern Beach Boys song..........an ironic way for musician to die

May 25, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #36 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes that was very convoluted and illogical series of events to make plot "fit" the vision that Desmond previuosly described to Charlie...........

A nice touch to make code of jamming device keys the same sound pattern Beach Boys song..........an ironic way for musician to die

there was an unspoken connection between charlie and the blonde who kept hitting him. her confession at the end a musician had programmed the code made it seem like she had a history with a musician, and perhaps in another reality she and charlie could have been together. as for the irony irony of the scene? a bit ham-handed.

i agree with mrdeadfolx too, i think charlie could have swam out the window. you can make the argument charlie was living-out (dying-out?) desmond's prophecy, but note desmond had stopped having visions at this point.

it was just such a very poorly executed death for an important character on the show. personally this may be the "lost" straw for me and this show.

May 25, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #37 of 60
I had no problem with it. I disliked Charlie from the get go. =T

May 25, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #38 of 60
Charlie was one of my favorite characters and when the apparently un-killable Mikhail blew the window I thought, this is great, as soon as the room fills up he can swim out the window. Charlie doesn't have to die! If he had to die, then he had to die. It would have been understandable and they were doing a great job up until that point. But when he not only didn't just run out the door, but also didn't even attempt to get out the window, what should have been a touching and meaningful death ended up as just a What? moment.

May 25, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #39 of 60
newspaper.jpg

"The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue.

Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft.

Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room.

According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham (sic) is survived by one teenaged son.

Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening."

*John Lantham = john lock??

May 25, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #41 of 60
ccontreras, I have been wondering about Richard since that episode. He hasn't aged a day since meeting little Ben. He ages better than Keanu Reeves
icon10.gif

SPOILERS

I read on another website that in the episode where Michael signs his rights to Walt over, his first name is Jonathan, Jack visits a funeral home in what appears to be a predominantly african american neighborhood, plus the article mentions the man is survived by a teenage son. Maybe Michael is the man in the coffin?

May 26, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #42 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ccontreras, I have been wondering about Richard since that episode. He hasn't aged a day since meeting little Ben. He ages better than Keanu Reeves
icon10.gif

SPOILERS

I read on another website that in the episode where Michael signs his rights to Walt over, his first name is Jonathan, Jack visits a funeral home in what appears to be a predominantly african american neighborhood, plus the article mentions the man is survived by a teenage son. Maybe Michael is the man in the coffin?

Given the fact that Micheal ratted everyone out when he tried to get Walt back, it would make sense that no one would show up at his funeral, like what happened in the show.

Was anyone as baffled as i was about the sudden appearance of walt? What the hell was that all about?

May 27, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #43 of 60
Am I the only one bored by Lost? I mean the first couple seasons were fresh and exciting, great character delevopment etc. but the 3rd season was pretty much more of the same
frown.gif
. The plot has become really dull and well, I just don't care about them anymore. I stopped watching mid season, approx ep 13-14, I had better things to do (or at least I could find something better to do
rolleyes.gif
). I just caught up last week when watching some downloads with a friend (amazing in HD) and I really doubt I'm going to watch next season, why people are still watching this nonsense? I have no idea. Invisible Jacob? Charlie sacrificing himself to fulfill a prophecy? The introduction of about 60 new concepts and plot threads (only matters since there are another 160 left open)? Does everyone remember all those little story arcs in seasons 1&2? Yeah, I remember most of them now (Hurley's background was a fun one), but next year? the year after? Are they seriously going to bring all that up again or just forget about it?

When I watch Lost I never feel even remotely satisfied. After persevering for 3 three years, I don't feel as though I've been rewarded for watching, I don't trust the show. Lost has failed to entertain me and I've banished it from my TV
wink.gif

May 28, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #44 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one bored by Lost? I mean the first couple seasons were fresh and exciting, great character delevopment etc. but the 3rd season was pretty much more of the same
frown.gif
. The plot has become really dull and well, I just don't care about them anymore. I stopped watching mid season, approx ep 13-14, I had better things to do (or at least I could find something better to do
rolleyes.gif
). I just caught up last week when watching some downloads with a friend (amazing in HD) and I really doubt I'm going to watch next season, why people are still watching this nonsense? I have no idea. Invisible Jacob? Charlie sacrificing himself to fulfill a prophecy? The introduction of about 60 new concepts and plot threads (only matters since there are another 160 left open)? Does everyone remember all those little story arcs in seasons 1&2? Yeah, I remember most of them now (Hurley's background was a fun one), but next year? the year after? Are they seriously going to bring all that up again or just forget about it?

When I watch Lost I never feel even remotely satisfied. After persevering for 3 three years, I don't feel as though I've been rewarded for watching, I don't trust the show. Lost has failed to entertain me and I've banished it from my TV
wink.gif

Haha. It's a TV show, man. What else is on TV that's any better?

May 28, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #45 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha. It's a TV show, man. What else is on TV that's any better?

frontline & nova come to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back