LOST!
May 24, 2007 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

JSTpt1022

500+ Head-Fier
Who saw the finale? Impressions, thoughts, ideas, theories. Love it or hate it, doesn't matter.

May 24, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #2 of 60
I'm pretty sure Ben was the one that died. That is my only thought thus far.

May 24, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #3 of 60
Well, I really liked it. I thought the past several episodes were good. While there wasn't too much revealed tonight, it was certainly interesting. I especially liked the ending since we now have a clue as to what ultimately happens.

Of course it sucks that we have to wait until January for the next season to start. For those that don't know, there are going to be three more seasons of sixteen consecutive episodes each.

Edit: If you're going to reply and give details of tonight's episode it might be a good idea to give spoiler warnings for those head-fiers that haven't seen it yet.

May 24, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #4 of 60
Good episode...just confusing. Why did Jack refer to his father in his flash forwards? His dad is dead. He first tried to write a prescription in his dad's name and the pharmacist tried to call him. Then Jack also told the new chief of surgery to see if his father was more drunk then he was and that he could fire Jack if he was.

Am I reading too much into it? or was Jack just being his new weird self?

May 24, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #5 of 60
Kate was hot!
evil_smiley.gif

May 24, 2007 at 10:59 AM Post #6 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good episode...just confusing. Why did Jack refer to his father in his flash forwards? His dad is dead. He first tried to write a prescription in his dad's name and the pharmacist tried to call him. Then Jack also told the new chief of surgery to see if his father was more drunk then he was and that he could fire Jack if he was.

Am I reading too much into it? or was Jack just being his new weird self?

Yeah, that part confused me. I liked the twist in the "Flash Foward" reveal, but the part about his father just didn't make sense, other than he was drugged out of his mind.

-Ed

May 24, 2007 at 11:20 AM Post #7 of 60
It could have been a simple rhetorical question, like: "If you would go upstairs now, and could see my father, he would be drunk".

Both Jack and the other doctor must know, that his father is dead, and the other doctor wasn't exactly fond of that question/remark, as you could see from his reaction to it.

May 24, 2007 at 1:07 PM Post #8 of 60
Potential SPOILERS...

Last night's episode was terrific. I kinda guessed from the moment I saw bearded Jack that it was a flash forward instead of backward, but it had me guessing anyway.

About the reference to his father, I think his father is still alive. When he told Kate they had to go back because "they weren't supposed to leave" (Locke also told him "he wasn't supposed to" answer the phone for rescue), that by doing so, they changed the future. Yes, I know Jack's father was dead (or was he?) before the plane crash (was the alleged reason Jack was on the plane in the first place), but there are alot of timeline issues with the show. Desmond repeatedly saves Charlie from dying until the finale, which means there are multiple future possibilities, and he also flashed backward and changed his own past. Or maybe not...I have no clue...but I guess we'll find out three years from now
icon10.gif

May 24, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #9 of 60
I thought it was a weird coincidence that Charley gets an incoming message from Desmond's girlfriend (Penelope) saying that she is not on the boat.

When the girl that made it on the island that John Locke killed has a picture of Desmond and Penelope. If they aren't related, why would she have their picture?

Anyhow, I think they won't get rescued by the boat. It's kind of like Gilligan's Island. Every show make you think they are going to get rescued, but they never do.

May 24, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #10 of 60
I loved it. My favourite part was when when tied up sayied took down an armed man and snapped his neck with his feet. I was litterally shouting at the screen and laughing my ass of in exitement.

May 24, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #11 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but there are alot of timeline issues with the show.

I think the island is a tear in the fabric of space/time, or something like that. The paradox of Jack's now living dad, and the statements about the plane being found...but it wasn't thier plane that was found, lead me to believe that we have a parrallel universe split somewhere.

I would have liked some more resolutions to things and maybe some more new hints at what's going on. This episode just seemed to me like a long, normal season episode. I was hoping for something a little more stimmulating. Still, I love (am obsessively compelled?) to watch it.

May 24, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #13 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the island is a tear in the fabric of space/time, or something like that. The paradox of Jack's now living dad, and the statements about the plane being found...but it wasn't thier plane that was found, lead me to believe that we have a parrallel universe split somewhere.

I would have liked some more resolutions to things and maybe some more new hints at what's going on. This episode just seemed to me like a long, normal season episode. I was hoping for something a little more stimmulating. Still, I love (am obsessively compelled?) to watch it.

If they're not dealing with parallel universes and space/time rips, this show is going to have a very hard time explaining itself
biggrin.gif

arnesto, unless it is an ultimate swerve, Jack's story last night reveals that atleast Jack, Kate, whoever's funeral Jack went to (Ben?), and whoever "he" was Kate referred to at the end (I'll guess Sawyer), all made it off the island.

Great show, the wait for season 4 begins...

May 24, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #15 of 60
What the heck! I suppose they want us to know they get found eventually, but with 3 seasons to go, there's probably loads more that's going to happen on the island. The last scene completely caught me off guard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back