LOST!
May 25, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #16 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good episode...just confusing. Why did Jack refer to his father in his flash forwards? His dad is dead. He first tried to write a prescription in his dad's name and the pharmacist tried to call him. Then Jack also told the new chief of surgery to see if his father was more drunk then he was and that he could fire Jack if he was.

Am I reading too much into it? or was Jack just being his new weird self?

I think it was just a device used by the writers to make the viewer think it was a flash back and not a flash forward. I assume it will be easily covered up by Jack's apparent raging alcoholism and addiction to Oxycodone.

It was a good episode, but I feel they cheated with Charlie's death. There would have been more than enough time for him to leave the door open and both of them to swim for safety. I guess he wanted things to happen according to Desmond's visions, accepted his fate and drowned, but I still feel cheated. They should have made that a more "no other choice" situation.

I guess the next few seasons will be set in present time with flash backs to the island. Should be interesting!

They had better tie up all of the questions that they posed in the first few seasons though...just because they get rescued does not mean the writers can just shut the door.

May 25, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #17 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They had better tie up all of the questions that they posed in the first few seasons though...just because they get rescued does not mean the writers can just shut the door.

Yeah I'd say the numbers and Hurley's girlfriend are the two that they better not just leave behind.

I thought the finale was amazing. Anyone who stopped watching this season because it was too different or boring was a fool.

May 25, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #18 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was a good episode, but I feel they cheated with Charlie's death. There would have been more than enough time for him to leave the door open and both of them to swim for safety. I guess he wanted things to happen according to Desmond's visions, accepted his fate and drowned, but I still feel cheated. They should have made that a more "no other choice" situation.

i kind of like it better than charlie did it willfully, it shows alot more about his character and his devotion to aaron and claire that he did it. it really turned around his character for me.

im kind of guessing it was ben's funeral also, i guess well have to wait and see.

and echelon...kate has always been hot

May 25, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #20 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahuna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John, Juliet?!?

James.

My record of predicting future arcs for television series has been notoriously bad. For example I really thought that with the escalation of the FBI in the last few seasons of Sopranos they'd bring in a big gun like Pacino as the head of organized crime to take down Tony. Instead the FBI completely disappeared. That said I'd really like to see this "other" boat end up invading, and everyone banding together to save the island. I say that's next season, then the real rescue, then Jack & Kate and a few others end up going back. Now it will never come true because *I* said it.

May 25, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #21 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they're not dealing with parallel universes and space/time rips, this show is going to have a very hard time explaining itself
biggrin.gif

arnesto, unless it is an ultimate swerve, Jack's story last night reveals that atleast Jack, Kate, whoever's funeral Jack went to (Ben?), and whoever "he" was Kate referred to at the end (I'll guess Sawyer), all made it off the island.

Great show, the wait for season 4 begins...

I not sure...
confused.gif

newspaper.jpg

Jacob Grantham?

May 25, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #23 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahuna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Based on the size of the casket, I think we can safely rule out Hurley...

Besides everyone would go to his funeral. He's the closest thing to a mascot that Lost has.

And last night he was a great Rambo in a VW Beetle-van, too much.

May 25, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #25 of 60
I don't know if I even want to take a stab at this one...but I will say this...is it me or does it look like old Richard hasn't aged a day from when he met kid Ben to when he was with adult Ben. What the heck is that all about? So in a nutshell, Richard was one of the island hostiles who help Ben kill the whole Dharma Initiative group...so I guess that means the Others are REALLY the OTHERS. My head is spinning there is so much to discuss...what do you guys think?
richnoage.jpg

Check it out...this went by really quick...but the head monk had a picture of himself and the woman from jewelery store where Desmond bought Penny's ring (I can't remember her name...someone chime in please)...what do you think this all means??? C'mon let's have it!
ringwoman.jpg

May 25, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #26 of 60
Ding, we have a winner!

The only explaination I personally will be happy with is if it has something to do with some sort of a Tangent Universe. Otherwise be prepared for a boatload of 'Deus ex machinas' to be dropped next season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the island is a tear in the fabric of space/time, or something like that. The paradox of Jack's now living dad, and the statements about the plane being found...but it wasn't thier plane that was found, lead me to believe that we have a parrallel universe split somewhere.

I would have liked some more resolutions to things and maybe some more new hints at what's going on. This episode just seemed to me like a long, normal season episode. I was hoping for something a little more stimmulating. Still, I love (am obsessively compelled?) to watch it.

May 25, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #27 of 60
I liked it but I am also very interested in seeing where the show will for the following seasons. The idea of a tangent universe could explain a lot. If Kate is free in the flash forward then the FBI might think she is dead - since they found the plane. Right?

Also, what was up with Jack commenting about his father?!

I guess I am as Lost as everyone else.

May 25, 2007 at 8:07 AM Post #28 of 60
as an aside...did anyone think that the interface on the satellite phone resembled the iphone? 8 buttons with the 9th one missing...one of the buttons even had the "home" icon used for user accounts in OS X.

anyway, i really enjoyed this finale, even though it didn't really answer that many questions...i'm looking forward to season 4 now. phew, it's going to be a long 6 months until we see new BSG and lost episodes...

May 25, 2007 at 9:04 AM Post #29 of 60
Los Angeles

Man found dead...
downtown loft

The body of J.. anthem of
new york was found
shortly after 4
a.m. in the..of Grand
Avenue

Ted... doorman at The
Tower .. heard loud
noises coming from ...man's loft
Concerned for the man's safety he
entered the ... discovered the
body hanging from a beam in the
master bedroom.
..according...

May 25, 2007 at 12:34 PM Post #30 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by ldj325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Besides everyone would go to his funeral. He's the closest thing to a mascot that Lost has.

And last night he was a great Rambo in a VW Beetle-van, too much.

That was not meant to be taken seriously...

There were a couple of tells that we were watching a vision of the future: the name of the funeral parlor was Hoffs/Drawler - an anagram for “flash forward”. Also Jack was using a Motorola Razor, which was introduced after the crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back