Losing my mind
Jun 22, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #16 of 29
Quote:
I would like you guys to suggest to me something i dont really need a amp to drive, im going to be running it most of the time off my X-FI Titanium sound card, but will probally buy a amp in the future, so based on what i have told you, please try to fit my taste, and thanks again for everybodys help.

Going by this statement it sounds like you're not using any amp at all yet, in which case all the headphones you've mentioned especially the K701 will sound a bit rough in the bass department. I've noticed when using amps the first thing to clear up in AKGs is always the bass - it becomes slightly deeper and bolder but still tight comfortable to listen to, not bloated or muddy.

Have you tried plugging the phones into any kind of amp? Even a half decent hifi amp should bring some more life out of them - some headphones are seriously DIFFERENT after plugging them into an amp.
It would be a shame to pass on those headphones when you havn't heard them at their full potential especially as you are considering getting an amp.

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #18 of 29
The d5k new and open box are OOS at EE. That may be all they ever stock. Meaning they may not be back in stock now that they are d/c.

I will keep poking around for deals at other places though...

Jun 23, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #21 of 29
Thanks guys for all the input, it looks like Denon 2ks.  Im going to buy a E9 Fiio for my headphones.  I found a brand new pair of the Denon 2ks for a good price.  There pretty comfortable headphones right ?

Jun 23, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #26 of 29
Quote:
E9 should be fine; if you still have the Q701 I'd try them with the E9 too. The D2000 will have more bass impact though; they're fairly "loose" fitting mind you. Not to completely throw a wrench in the works, but I'm thinking Ultrasone HFI-2400 based on your introductory post.
redface.gif

Thanks, i may try a E9 and see how it goes.  I had lose fitting problems with the K550s
frown.gif
 they fit really lose, had to take them back. I would love to try the Denons 2ks before i buy, but that aint going to happen.  I have heard alot of good things about the HFI 2400s, im going to read some more reviews on the HFI 2400s.

Jun 23, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #27 of 29
Well guys i have decided not to go with the Denon 2ks, i have been reading they tend to fit loosely, and i dont want to deal with that.  Im considering the Ultrasone HFI 2400, so im open to some more suggestions again ????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back