Los Angeles Meet - Mid to Late August 2012 @ LAX - Interest Check
Feb 16, 2012 at 11:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 149

purrin

aka Marvey, purr1n
Member of the Trade: Eddie Current
THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN!

Please reply to this thread - it's interest check and also to make sure there will not be any conflicts with other events.

I'm NOT going to place a large emphasis on vendors nor will I actively seek them out. But vendors are more than welcome if they somehow find out about it and approach me - and the requests are reasonable, e.g. I will turn down a 20 person entourage. In other words, I want to avoid a trade show atmosphere.

Fee: A very reasonable entry fee will be charged to help cover the costs. I am trying to shoot for well under $20 per people. We are considering a discount for students. Unfortunately, the Hilton charges for parking, but a discount of $12 for the day will be offered.

Setups: Aiming to have available power at every table. No need to bring 50 foot extension cords. Just a power strip to share with your table-mate. At the rate it's going I'm expecting 50 tables and over 200 attendees.

Date: August 18 (or 25)

Since I've decided to go with LAX for two reasons: 1) to return the favor to a couple of guys who traveled from this area (and west of it) to the Irvine meet last year; 2) make it easier for those coming from out-of-town.

I take volunteers once I solidify the date and location.

Background Info:
Last year, I had to turn down a few people at the 20+ person not-so-mini-meet in Irvine and I think some people just completely missed it (there was less than one month notice.) So now I'm just throwing the idea out there of a meet somewhere in Los Angeles county (or maybe even a bit north of that) this summer. I had talked with CEETEE about rotating these big meets between NorCal and SoCal every year, but there already seems to be a lot of interest right now - enough for a big one - and quite a few people have already offered to help out.

Interested (Not an official list at this time)

• n3rdling
  • Anaxilus
  • LFF
  • CEE TEE
  • Mr.Sneis
  • Questhate
  • aamefford
  • Misterrogers
  • tehmon
  • sling5s
  • xxhaxx
  • Autark
  • santacore
  • FrankCooter
  • Silent One
  • Draygonn
  • R_burke
  • juman231
  • Lurkumural
  • NU62
  • ocswing
  • skeptic
  • uzi
  • Schiit Audio
  • cantsleep
  • scoopbb
  • Donald North
  • mikop
  • manveru
  • BoyNamedSue
  • charliespirit
  • DouglasQuaid
  • ohhgourami
  • nullpo
  • Moonstrkaaft
  • sarals
  • shiorisekine
  • Teufelshunde
  • ckc527
  • Silent One
  • shane55
  • John In Cali
  • zmatrix
  • amb
  • Wizkid
  • mackat
  • xbugx
  • mackat
  • Deadneddz
  • rjkdivin
  • Asr?
  • alv4426?
  • panges?
  • bmoura?
  • particleman14
  • rjkdivin?
  • iamoneagain
  • caracara08
  • johangrb
  • FLCL
  • JB North County
  • elwappo99
  • Astrozombie
  • hozo
  • thrak
  • razmalai
  • sfoclt
  • Eddie Current?
  • Ultimate Ears?
  • blubliss
  • adamlau
  • zippy2001
  • jsohn
  • HK_sends
  • scud80
  • j2kei
  • fe2cruz
  • robertstern
  • Audeze?
  • BattleBrat
  • Sil3nce
  • Maxvla?
  • melomaniac
  • tree d
  • IhateBEATS
  • 45longcolt

Feb 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #2 of 149
Interested!!
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 149
I had a lot of fun at the Irvine meet. Chalk me down for being interested. Maybe my Thunderpants will be ready in time for this one.

Feb 16, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #7 of 149
I'll be there 
biggrin.gif

Let me know if you need any help.  I can maintain the member and gear lists again if needed.  I'll probably bring a bunch of stuff for this meet if the turnout is good.

Feb 16, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #8 of 149
INTERESTED!

Feb 16, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #9 of 149
Quote:
Interested.  CEE TEE will tell you that work constantly gets in the way of my attendance, but if it all lines up, I can always use an excuse to come down south for a weekend.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...watch this guy.
ph34r.gif
   He just likes meet threads.
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 17, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #15 of 149

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I like meets too.  It's been a while and I can't remember for sure.  Meet threads is as close as I've gotten in two years.  I missed an epic meet last weekend!

Just pick a day in the summer - right now! We'll make sure you can make this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back