Los Angeles Meet - Mid to Late August 2012 @ LAX - Interest Check
Mar 24, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #139 of 149

Quote:
Everyone will be required to wear a tag with their HF handle on it. I'll be sure to invite Monster.

Actually, Monster probably hates Beats too with the split and all...

Wait I can invite Beats

Sweet, we can set them up next to each other!  Don't forget, Monster is working on a Planar....

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #142 of 149
UPDATE:

FYI, I'm in the final stages of working something out with LAX Hilton. Trying to get the entire Plaza Ballroom space downstairs, rooms A, B, C, and D. Should be plenty of room. Max capacity will be about 80 tables with plenty of elbow room. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but all tables will be provided with power (no need to bring 25' or 50' extension cords.) There will be entry fee with a substantial student discount for students (ID will be required.) If needed, I (and some other folks, who have generously offered to cover some of the costs), will chip in to make this event reasonably priced for everyone. These are the basic parameters at this time and there is a possibility that this event may expand to include more interesting things. Finally it should be understood that is is not a open public event. Attendees will be required to wear some sort of tag or ID.

I will be in touch with vendors in a few weeks.

Sometime next week, this interest thread will be closed, and an official meet thread will be started to gather space requirements and gear lists so we can start laying out the table arrangements.

Mar 24, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #144 of 149

Quote:
Sometime next week, this interest thread will be closed, and an official meet thread will be started to gather space requirements and gear lists so we can start laying out the table arrangements.

Thanks for the leg work Purrin (and anyone else helping out.) Just let us know if you need more help. I'm sure there are a few who wouldn't hesitate to volunteer.

Mar 25, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #145 of 149
I'm way way interested. I'll bring my TP's and my Grado's. Tyll's favorites :)

Kojaku

Mar 26, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #146 of 149

Quote:
I might make this one if it's in August, and I'm sure I can get Shaizada to come.  I haven't been to one in quite some time so if I do go I'd like to make it count.  I have gear and would like to bring it if I can because I've been asked by quite a few to see a certain piece.  I may need someone with a van or large SUV to assist with my gear though.

But I'd mainly be going as a cable vendor with Purrin's approval, and would be glad to donate some things for a giveaway contest drawing.

I'm quite curious to hear the SR-009 so I hope someone brings a pair, but I'm also reluctant at the same time. 
biggrin.gif
  I'd like to hear the LCD3 and T1 as well.  I'm sure by then people will also have the HD700 and the new Shure phones.

Purrin, I'm sure you know you will need a serious amount of space.  When we did one at the Warner Center Marriot, we were fortunate enough to be given 3 free rooms.  We had a large area that accomodated about 30-45 setups, and the normal rate for that would have been $1200 (+ $300 for the lounge) but it was low season and it only cost about $250 for the one room plus the extra free three.  If you are expecting 100-200 people, the cost will be significant for the amount of space required so I'd guess attendees might need to chip in $25-$50 a piece, depending on how much table space they will need.  If you need help with the logistics and planning I can certainly help out with that.

Are we going to do our usual, after-party dinner?

Don't see my name on the updated list, which you updated only two days ago and I posted the above over a week ago.
Please advise of cost if vendors will be charged more.

Mar 26, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #147 of 149
purrin - definitely interested.

Subbing this thread now.  Never been to a meet (because of my location - New Zealand).  Usually travel around the world (business) once a year - US / CAN / Germany / Sweden - then home.  August might be perfect. I wouldn't know for sure until you have a concrete date to work with - then I'll try my best.  Can't offer to bring much - but could include a Porta-Tube if anyone interested (and if I still have it).

Anyway - I'll watch for the date - then see if it suits.

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #148 of 149
Official meet thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/602807/2012-hollywood-headphone-hobbyists-h3-meet-official-thread#post_8257277

Users who are viewing this thread

Back