Los Angeles Area Mega Meet, Saturday July 11th
Jun 19, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #46 of 245
Excellent! I will add you and your equipment to the list!

Thanks for coming and contributing!
smily_headphones1.gif

I added the first two lines of your equipment to the list.

And thanks for the camera!! Very important!

What's your first name?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomikPi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am interested in coming. I can bring: Beta 22 (balanced), HD650 (balanced, SAA Equinox), ATH-AD2000 (balanced, black dragon), Keces DA-151 Mk II, Little Dot Mk III. My only transport is my laptop.
If anybody wants me to, I can bring the lowly HD280's and my strangely malfunctioning DT770's with sound in one ear (no idea what the issue is, I think it's cable related)
I have an XTi and would bring it along with my quality lenses: 17-40L f/4 and 70-200L f/2.8.

I don't think it should be an issue but I'm 17 so I won't be having any of the beer and whatnot.

Jun 20, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #49 of 245
First post updated with room picture and some other info.

I can't stress this enough: PLEASE BRING AS MANY EXTENSION CORDS (3-prong) AND POWER STRIPS AS YOU ARE ABLE TO!!! We will need them, as one side of the room will be the air wall and will have no outlets. Hopefully though we will be stretching out into the middle section.

Jun 20, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #50 of 245
Sign me up for a tentative spot. If my spot prevents someone who has interesting gear from participating, then I'm willing to part with my spot. I'm in the tumultuous process of upgrading my rig at the moment so I honestly have no clue how my rig will look in three weeks. At the moment though, it looks like I can bring a PPAv2, and a Pico Dac to the meet if I go.

Jun 20, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #51 of 245
Quote:

I am interested in coming. I can bring: Beta 22 (balanced), HD650 (balanced, SAA Equinox), ATH-AD2000 (balanced, black dragon), Keces DA-151 Mk II, Little Dot Mk III. My only transport is my laptop.

Wow, nice rig for a 17 y.o.! Looking forward to checking it out.

Jun 20, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #52 of 245
Thanks PJ i hadn't even seen this thread, nice to get it on my subscribed threads to stay updated. Thanks for all the work... awesome! As i said i may not be able to pull up until early afternoon-12:30 but it depends on how things go, if i end up out of my previous commitment then I'd be happy to come early and help. Man, i have never disconnected all this stuff and taken it anywhere, it's kinda scary
eek.gif

Some of the stuff that i am bringing is not on you list like the dacs and portables. I'll double check the list and let you know whats not there if you want but no big deal.

One thing needed though is a laptop with music files for the Diverter. I use it on my workstation and actually it is going back to Lee because i am getting the Decoder instead. I will still have it for the meet though because the Decoder won't be ready yet--unless i am really lucky(which i already am just to get the Decoder). So back to the start, I will bring the Diverter and usb cable/digital cable but it will have to travel to another part of the room or a laptop will have to come to mine. This thing is truly spectacular though, perfect audio stream.

Okay looking forward to being there and seeing all hearing all.
smile.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #53 of 245
And thank you for coming!

What else should I add to the equipment list, Dave?

Yeah, disconnecting it is a pain but it's worth it.
wink.gif

So what did Lee say the final price of the Decoder will be? I know it will cost a lot more than I was hoping it would, but I certainly want to hear one and it probably will be months before he will have a spare to send to me to check out. But if it does everything he's told me it will, it's an all-in-one high end balanced rig and should be worth it.

I will be using SqueezeCenter to stream my audio but you are welcome to use Foobar on my system to demo the Diverter.

MEET NEWS

Before the meet I will do a final checklist of all the gear and who's bringing what so I know where to put everyone. There will be 3' x 6' tables and 3' x 8' tables. I know we will end up with tons of room because I doubt anyone will be taking the space next to us. It's a very nice hotel and you guys will all really enjoy it.

For anyone that is going to chip in $15 - $20 for the meet, I do ask that you please PayPal me the contribution before next Friday. I have to pay for the room by then so every little bit helps. Make sure you put your full name, Head-Fi user name and e-mail address in the notes section so I can keep track. If possible, please also list all the gear you are bringing so that I can coordinate table space accordingly. If you don't have a PayPal account, don't worry, you can give it to me at the meet.

Send your payment as "Personal Gift" so that I don't incur any fees. Send it to: pjnuckingfuts@yahoo.com

Once again, the ability to use your gear at the meet depends on you bringing your own extension cords and power strips. While I'm sure we will wind up having enough if a few people don't bring theirs, it's better not to take any chances.

Jun 20, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #55 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're not kidding.
wink_face.gif
I only had a pair of CD1000 when I was 17.

Well I'm working a summer job to feed the habit.
Also, I'm sending you a contribution now.

Jun 20, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #57 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomikPi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I'm working a summer job to feed the habit.
Also, I'm sending you a contribution now.

Thank you.
smily_headphones1.gif
I just wanted to let you know though that if you did send it at 11:30, I did not receive it. It is 4:30 now, so just double check to make sure it didn't go to someone else's PayPal.
smile.gif

pjnuckingfuts@yahoo.com

Jun 22, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #58 of 245
I know this is dumb, but what if we don't have any equipment but want to go to go and hear the equipment. I'm a starting headfi with only shure 310's
frown.gif
. I hope i have some better gear next year.

Jun 22, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #60 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shindokie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this is dumb, but what if we don't have any equipment but want to go to go and hear the equipment. I'm a starting headfi with only shure 310's
frown.gif
. I hope i have some better gear next year.

You are certainly welcome to come. A contribution of $15 - $20 is requested to help pay for the room. Just keep in mind that the equipment there will primarily be higher end equipment, so if it isn't in your budget the equipment may or may not be something you want to listen to. I used to make it a habit not to listen to stuff I can't afford, but I don't really subscribe to that practice anymore.

What I may do is add an additional 3 or 4 spots to the meet list for people ONLY coming with NO gear, as long as no attendees object to this by posting in this thread. But there will only be 20 people allowed to bring gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back