LORD OF THE RINGS -SOUNDTRACK
Nov 12, 2001 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

fbleagh

Head-Fier
Hi Guys, Just a quick heads up.

I got a chance to listen to the upcoming LOTR soundtrack.
Lets just say that when it cmes out " have a listen"
It's damned good
smily_headphones1.gif

there's one peice in track 7 with a large number of french horns that sounds amazing
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 12, 2001 at 7:56 PM Post #2 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by fbleagh
Hi Guys, Just a quick heads up.

I got a chance to listen to the upcoming LOTR soundtrack.
Lets just say that when it cmes out " have a listen"
It's damned good
smily_headphones1.gif

there's one peice in track 7 with a large number of french horns that sounds amazing
smily_headphones1.gif

Two questions!

1) whos on it!

2)Whens it out!!

Nov 14, 2001 at 5:11 AM Post #5 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by jude
Wow, is this out already? I was just at Best Buy tonight too, and walked out empty-handed (was looking to see if they had SACD's).

I just noticed this weekend that Circuit City is carrying SACD's (only the Sonys it seems) since they now carry the 775 SACD player. FYI.

Nov 14, 2001 at 5:28 AM Post #6 of 37
Well, I'm gettin' 333ES soon, and went to pick up Rebecca Pidgeon's The Raven at Best Buy. I didn't know it was a hybrid, so I was just gonna get the redbook version to compare to the SACD version when I got it and the 333ES.

The only version of The Raven they had in the store was the hybrid SACD, so I picked it up... I was really surprised. But it was mixed in with all the other redbook CDs, really weird...

Nov 15, 2001 at 12:02 AM Post #7 of 37
Amazon reports that it will be reliesed Nov 20th.

I'll look for it this weekend. A hybrid SACD will work in regular cd players correct?

I am looking foward to this movie, read the trilogy about twice a year. It'll be a shame if they botch it up.

Dec 21, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #9 of 37
What about The Hobbit ?  The trailer has been released.  

The beginning of the song as heard in the trailer, "Far over the Misty Mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old".  

Dec 21, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #10 of 37
This thread was over 10 years old 
blink.gif

The Hobbit sound track won't be coming out for a long time. The movie isn't in theaters for a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back