Looking to purchase a flashlight? Here's an awesome resource!
Oct 8, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #151 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
Cool; nice choice! I am sure that you will now begin to sleep during the day and begin roaming your neighborhood at night just to use your new purchases! Now that you've got the stubby lil' power lights covered, Ed, when are you going to try one of the powerhouse tacticals like U2 or Aviator? You can justify it to wifey since the spiderwbs will melt in front of the beam (JK).

LOL, I'm still pretty much a night owl. So I stay up late into the night all the time. My wife was complaining about how bright the L1T was when I used it to light my way going to bed. So, the multiple levels of light the U60XRGT seemed just perfect. Well, I used that as an excuse.
evil_smiley.gif

As for melting the spiderwebs, another toy I purchased will take care of that...

GEAR_01.jpg

-Ed

Oct 9, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #152 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I couldn't help myself.

I just pulled the trigger on a U60XRGT fon CPF.

Will receive it soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Ed

Hey Ed,
Congrats on the EDC! Excellent choice!

Oct 10, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #153 of 275
Quote:

I just pulled the trigger on a U60XRGT fon CPF.

Nice choice. I really am finding my U60GT to be a real EDC in every way. It has supplanted every other flashlight except my headlight and my Photon keylight

Oct 13, 2006 at 7:45 AM Post #155 of 275
Quote:

LOL, not what I would consider for EDC.
tongue.gif

Speaking of which, I just got my HDS U60 XRGT. Wow. I never knew how green the tint my L1T has.

I have a few accessories coming in for the new U60 XRGT. I'll post pics when they're in.
wink.gif

One I'm really looking for is a horizontal belt pouch. It just doesn't seem to exist. I might have to have one custom made or find something else that might work. I'm partial to leather. Especially Lamb.
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Oct 14, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #156 of 275
Quote:

LOL, not what I would consider for EDC.
tongue.gif

Speaking of which, I just got my HDS U60 XRGT. Wow. I never knew how green the tint my L1T has.

I have a few accessories coming in for the new U60 XRGT. I'll post pics when they're in.
wink.gif

One I'm really looking for is a horizontal belt pouch. It just doesn't seem to exist. I might have to have one custom made or find something else that might work. I'm partial to leather. Especially Lamb.
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Check out the belt holsters from TAD Gear. They have vertical and horizontal form factors that will fit the EDC lights.
http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gea...-s2_sheath.htm

Oct 14, 2006 at 6:49 AM Post #158 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth
Check out the belt holsters from TAD Gear. They have vertical and horizontal form factors that will fit the EDC lights.
http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gea...-s2_sheath.htm

Gah!

I just placed an order with them last week for a 1x123 battery tube body. Could've added that to my order.

Oh well. I'm partial to leather, I'm trying to have Matt at Art of the Hide to make me a horizontal holester.

-Ed

Oct 21, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #162 of 275
I randomly jumped on the band-wagon today with a 3W luxeon torch, its obviously nothing compared to some of the ones you guys have been talking about, but nonetheless still damned impressive for one single LED
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #164 of 275
i just wanted to post THANK YOU for this thread. i'm in the middle of getting my new place in order, and we have a nasty storage crawlspace under the stairs that obviously has no outlets and is pitch black even at High Noon. i went to Home Depot and got four cheapo stompbox floodlights that immediately went south within a week in that alien environment. before i returned all four, i looked at the candlepower site and found this-

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8246

I have the lantern in my bag now, heading home and ready to install 3 long bricks worth of unused baby toy D-batteries for this thing. the best part is that it only cost 3 bucks more than all of those nasty stomplights! bonus since Home Depot gave me full credit even tho i lost the receipt for them and they were obviously used (i think they were still exuding radon fumes).
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #165 of 275
Quote:

I'm starting off slowly.

Just ordered a Fenix L1T.

I'll work my way to the Beast, eventually.
tongue.gif

I was checking out those Orb RAW Ti. $285, but a funky little torch indeed.

The Fenix L1T will most undoubtedly become my wife's, so I'll have another flashlight purchase to look foward to in the near future.
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

The Ti is a bit over the top...I have an aluminium Orb RAW and it is great. Tough as nails and so small I take it everywhere. You won't find a more powerful torch for the size (it's direct drive)! If you get one, get the switched version.

Link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back