Looking to purchase a flashlight? Here's an awesome resource!
Sep 14, 2006 at 8:29 PM Post #136 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
Well, Ed, at $49 it's not exactly cheap, but the Inova is a quality light. Maybe Aaron can loan you his to see if it works
wink.gif

I ended up with that $8 cheap 12 LED UV one from Lighthound. Works quite well. Spiders and their webs do not light up at night with it, though.

Only powerful flashlights will do. So I keep telling my wife, "If you want to find the spiders more easily, we'll need a more powerful flashlight."
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Sep 14, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #137 of 275
Ive got an inova x5 and am looking at those sf 20 minute blindbulb ones with those filters for IR illumination as well as ivisible to IR =D

How about pocket knives? anyone have tons of those? i figure it would fit in this thread
wink.gif
Got a Benchmade AFO Auto, Auto Stryker, SOG Trident, and a Kershaw Tac Blur. Yes I spent $500 on my Knife-fi pursuits
blink.gif

Up for sale? All of them! for cans!!!
Auto Stryker asking for $125
Trident asking for $80
Tac blur askign for $75
All mint never used/sharpened and wiped weekly with Tuff-Glide!

Sep 14, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #139 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy
Ive got an inova x5 and am looking at those sf 20 minute blindbulb ones with those filters for IR illumination as well as ivisible to IR =D

How about pocket knives? anyone have tons of those? i figure it would fit in this thread
wink.gif
Got a Benchmade AFO Auto, Auto Stryker, SOG Trident, and a Kershaw Tac Blur. Yes I spent $500 on my Knife-fi pursuits
blink.gif

Up for sale? All of them! for cans!!!
Auto Stryker asking for $125
Trident asking for $80
Tac blur askign for $75
All mint never used/sharpened and wiped weekly with Tuff-Glide!

There are a couple Knife-fi threads, and there is a dedicated For Sale/Trade forum.

-Ed

Sep 14, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #140 of 275
actually join some knife forum? this is my first forum and im already down to 55 bucks in my bank account.. no way.. not gonna be tempted
redface.gif
ive already posted all that stuff on ebay to earn money for some nice k340s!!!
340smile.gif
and maybe some kind of better turntable!! arrggg wallet.. exponential decay!!!
lol thanks for the linx warru

Sep 14, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #141 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I ended up with that $8 cheap 12 LED UV one from Lighthound. Works quite well. Spiders and their webs do not light up at night with it, though.

Only powerful flashlights will do. So I keep telling my wife, "If you want to find the spiders more easily, we'll need a more powerful flashlight."
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Sorry about that, Ed! Seeing webs is definitely going to be a challenge for any light, but I will keep doing my research. Who knows, if we find the filaments reflect IR, then we'll equip your wife with night vision optics
wink.gif

Sep 15, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #143 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth
Actually, the O2 of the flashlight world is called "The Beast," by Surefire.

Check this out: 2000 Lumens light output, runs on 20 CR123 batteries for 90 minutes, then it's time to battery up again! Light output is equivalent to 130 2D cell flashlights.

Yours for only $4800 smackaroons.

http://www.opticshq.com/page/Optics/...ire-HID/B1R-BK

Yep. $4,800 USD!!! Why Oh Why Oh Why??? Do HID street lamps even cost that much?

Maybe it's that additional array of 12 white LEDs that makes it so pricey. Ha!

Sep 15, 2006 at 12:47 AM Post #144 of 275
If you think the the Surefire Beast is expensive, checkout Surefire's most powerful flashlight the Hellfire which was at one time only able to the military. I was told by a friend of mines who has seen the Hellfire and Beast side by side, he tells me that the beam from the Hellfire makes the Beast look like a maglite. For a cool $6500 USD you too can have one:

http://www.opticshq.com/Merchant2/me..._Code=Surefire

Sep 15, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #145 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
Sorry about that, Ed! Seeing webs is definitely going to be a challenge for any light, but I will keep doing my research. Who knows, if we find the filaments reflect IR, then we'll equip your wife with night vision optics
wink.gif

You may be joking, but my wife hates spiders so much that she would probably be willing to wear the optics if it made a difference.
tongue.gif

The UV light is a lot of fun. Good for checking for counterfeit bills too.
wink.gif

-Ed

Sep 15, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #146 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Yep. $4,800 USD!!! Why Oh Why Oh Why??? Do HID street lamps even cost that much?

Maybe it's that additional array of 12 white LEDs that makes it so pricey. Ha!

Well I believe if it can run 2k lumens for 2 hours straight deserves that price tag!! My old surefire can only handle 20 minutes in high intensity mode.. and the bulb dies after around 9-10 uses...

Sep 16, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #147 of 275
Quote:

You may be joking, but my wife hates spiders so much that she would probably be willing to wear the optics if it made a difference.
tongue.gif

The UV light is a lot of fun. Good for checking for counterfeit bills too.
wink.gif

-Ed

Ed - I never joke about surveillance - you know that
biggrin.gif

We will research this. The solution may be you driving ahead of her with a big-a*s IR Illuminator on thje roof and her wearing NODs...LOL...there's gotta be an easier way...

Oct 8, 2006 at 7:49 PM Post #150 of 275
Quote:

I couldn't help myself.

I just pulled the trigger on a U60XRGT fon CPF.

Will receive it soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Ed

Cool; nice choice! I am sure that you will now begin to sleep during the day and begin roaming your neighborhood at night just to use your new purchases! Now that you've got the stubby lil' power lights covered, Ed, when are you going to try one of the powerhouse tacticals like U2 or Aviator? You can justify it to wifey since the spiderwbs will melt in front of the beam (JK).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back