Looking to buy my first serious pair of closed over-ear headphones (200$-400$)
Aug 24, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #62 of 88
Quote:
That actually sounds like a pretty cool idea, kinda like a Head-Fi for your college.

I know right, but I've got to find a way to spread the word and get all us broke Audiophile together... Might have to work DnB in there some how, as college kids LOVE DnB >.> 

Aug 24, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #64 of 88
Quote:
Yup, pretty much anything with boom boom bass in it gets college people's attention.

What college are you attending/planning to do this for, if you don't mind my asking?

Pff, a little community College. But I might do try to get into Coastal Carolina's Student Base as well, as they are a MUCH bigger school. 

Aug 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #65 of 88
Yeah who needs university when you can own some signature DJ's right? :p

If you are looking for the king of good, impactful bass closer to your budget range, you should be looking for an Ultrasone Pro 900. They were selling on Amazon for $395 just a couple of months ago: http://camelcamelcamel.com/Ultrasone-PRO-900-Professional-Headphones/product/B001F00F0E?context=browse

:D

Aug 24, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #66 of 88
Sounds MINT.

Be sure to start a thread whenever you pull the trigger on your project.

I hate to interrupt this conversation but I'm in a bit of a "crisis" right now... Ok it may mot be a crisis, but it is somewhat of a problem. I just realized that all of Fiio's LOC cables for ipods only have plugs for the old iPods (with 30 pin connectors). However, my 5th generation iPod uses a lightning connector :/

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Aug 24, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #67 of 88
Quote:
If you are looking for the king of good, impactful bass closer to your budget range, you should be looking for an Ultrasone Pro 900. They were selling on Amazon for $395 just a couple of months ago: http://camelcamelcamel.com/Ultrasone-PRO-900-Professional-Headphones/product/B001F00F0E?context=browse

biggrin.gif

Pff or for that same price, grab a Jds Labs C5 and a Beyer Dt 990, slap the bass boost on that C5 into your Dt 990 and be ready for some TIGHT SLAM :O 

Aug 24, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #71 of 88
Quote:
The dt990's are appetizing as well, however i am looking for closed cans, mainly due to the fact that i will be taking my phones with me in public (noisy).

Thanks,

Chris

Pff, the people will appreciate that epic Beyer sound leaking all around you! You'd be doing the a Dis Service not using open beyers! 

Aug 24, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #72 of 88
Sounds MINT.

Be sure to start a thread whenever you pull the trigger on your project.

I hate to interrupt this conversation but I'm in a bit of a "crisis" right now... Ok it may mot be a crisis, but it is somewhat of a problem. I just realized that all of Fiio's LOC cables for ipods only have plugs for the old iPods (with 30 pin connectors). However, my 5th generation iPod uses a lightning connector :/

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

I just bought a lightning to 30 pin adapter from ebay, works well enough.

Aug 24, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #75 of 88
Quote:
Bahaha good point :p

while your getting into can's like the Beyers, try a new DAP like the Sony Clip Zip+,,, It's pretty cheap. That + an e11 will drive the Dt 990s, and you should be able to get the E11 the Clip+ and the Dt 990 ALL new for under $300! Then you can just leave apple's evil clutches! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back