looking to bump up a couple notches with new headphones
Nov 28, 2012 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

stan2

New Head-Fier
I have a 10 yr old pr of Grado SR80, which I like, and RE-0 from HiFiMan, plus a couple Yuin...  All sub-$100.  I'm waffling between Senn HD-25-1 ll and V Moda crossfade m80 right now.  I'll probably use them primarily at home, mostly direct from a tube CDP (Eastern Electric minimax, which outputs headphones thru the tube stage).  Listening preferences run from rock to jazz to classical and elsewhere. Huge bass not a priority.  My ears are over 60 so although I could probably get by with stock ipod earbuds, I don't want to.  Whatcha think?  HD 25 or M80, something else, or don't bother?   Any ideas will be appreciated!  

Nov 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 5
Soundmagic HP100 would be better suited for your needs.
Or the HP200

Nov 28, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
I have a 10 yr old pr of Grado SR80, which I like, and RE-0 from HiFiMan, plus a couple Yuin...  All sub-$100.  I'm waffling between Senn HD-25-1 ll and V Moda crossfade m80 right now.  I'll probably use them primarily at home, mostly direct from a tube CDP (Eastern Electric minimax, which outputs headphones thru the tube stage).  Listening preferences run from rock to jazz to classical and elsewhere. Huge bass not a priority.  My ears are over 60 so although I could probably get by with stock ipod earbuds, I don't want to.  Whatcha think?  HD 25 or M80, something else, or don't bother?   Any ideas will be appreciated!  

Heya,

I guess it depends on what you're looking for in a headphone and what your budget is.

I would put you a Beyer DT880 PRO if you wanted something open but super comfortable and with way more range than you're used to hearing.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back