Looking for suggestion
Aug 4, 2011 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

drygh7

New Head-Fier
I've been looking through the forums for quite some time to try and find what I am looking for, but there is way to much information to actually figure out what exactly I'm looking for! So I come to you guys for help.

I picked up a pair of UE TF10s when they were on sale through Amazon.  I must say I love the sound of them.  The aspect I particularly like about the TF10s is the amazing bass.  It is incredibly refined, not booming, and is present when it should be.  I also have a pair of AKG K430 that I like, but frankly am looking for a more refined and more comfortable pair of headphones.  The K430, as expected, falls behind the TF10s in every aspect.

That being said, I am looking for a pair of headphones that has a similar sound to the TF10s.  I would be using my iPhone for some of the time, so they need to be drivable by that.  However, most of the time I will be driving them with my Pioneer VSX-1017 receiver (not interested at this point in getting a different amp). My budget would be up to ~$250.  They wouldn't need to be closed cans, as I will be using these in my apartment.  If a certain closed can fits everything else better, that would be fine though.

I listen to a wide variety of music including rock, hip hop, country, and some indie.  Ideas anybody?

Aug 4, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 2
Sony MDR-7509HD

I see IEM's, most of them, as more balanced then anything else. So a balanced can with great stats will accompany your TF10's greatly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back