Looking for stock cable replacement HD595
Feb 2, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #2 of 6
I would trust Sennheiser. If they say that it works with the 595, it probably does.

Feb 2, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #3 of 6
It's not that I don't trust them. I just feel that what is listed might not be actually what they're selling.. and I get an adapter. or a cable that's mismatched.

Guess I'm going to call.

Feb 2, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysticcal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not that I don't trust them. I just feel that what is listed might not be actually what they're selling.. and I get an adapter. or a cable that's mismatched.

Guess I'm going to call.

we offer two cables--- the one you're looking at (1/4" termination on a 10ft cable) and one with a 1/8" termination at the end of the same 10ft of cable. You can call the sales line and order whichever you feel is best for your rig:3

+1 877 736 6434 x1

528103 is the part number for the cable with the 1/8" termination, for the entire HD 5x5 series

510626 is the part number for the cable with the 1/4" termination, for the entire HD 5x5 series

To remove the old cable, take off the earpads and speaker coverings, then unclamp the old cable, remove, and replace
smily_headphones1.gif

Call our service line at x2 if you need some tips. Thanks!

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #6 of 6
Sorry to resurrect an old thread from '09, but this thread was the top hit in a search on the part number for the cable I'm looking to replace.  Interestingly a tweet from SennheiserUSA John Falcone said the following in regards to my question on replacement cables.

"part 528103, under $20 the connector is 1/8" (3.5mm) and slightly shorter (just under 10 ft)"

I phoned up Senn. USA and they did have the part for sale, but was worried about warranty, so was transferred to repair/service.  Dave on the phone first said- oh, those phones are discontinued (re: the HD595- LOL)* He mentioned that he felt anything done to the headphones will void the warranty.  He was going to transfer me to his manager, but I didn't pursue it further.

SOoo... here's the question.  The replacement part appears to be almost exactly what I was hoping for in a cable replacement- the right connectors for the HD5x series, so it will work perfectly (at least as suggested by J. Falcone).  But- does replacing the cable void the warranty?  Even if it's a Senn. replacement cable and the phones are user-serviceable?  (or are they just easily serviced and not user-serviceable)?

I wouldn't ask if I wasn't insanely frustrated with the cable length and larger TRS plug (even with the various adapters which make it heavier and longer).

I'm definitely a huge convert to over-the-ear at this point, and the HD595 is wonderful (with the one caveat being the cable for more portable use).

Cheers, guys!  Sorry for the resurrection, but it's on point and I think the question above is appropriate!
-Allen

*- ok, sure it looks to be recently discontinued (woops on my purchase) but they still make the HD598 which is the same headphones with burl wood inlays. - LOL (and if I had $400 to spend on headphones, I'd consider the HD650's)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back