Looking for stand-alone CD player - $500 budget
Jul 5, 2005 at 4:59 AM Post #47 of 96
JUST AS THE GROUP BUY IN CANADA, WE WOULD BE PLEASED TO OFFER YOU THE SAME PRICE OF USD498- PER SET BUT AS THE SHIPMENT WEIGHT BENEFIT A MINIMUM OF 7 SETS ARE REQUIRED FOR OPTIMAL ARRANGMENT. KINLDY NOTE THAT THE 100% MATCHING HIGH-END POWER CABLE "SILVER RAINCOAT POWER CABLE" IS ALSO INCLUDED AS FREE COMPLIMENTARY GIFT.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENTHUSISATIC SUPPORT ON CHINA-MADE HIGH-END AUDIO AND ESOUND PRODUCTS. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US FOR ANY FURTHER INFORMATION OR ASSISTANCE.

SINCERELY,

SNOWY LAW
Cattylink Analog Research
www.cattylink.com

Jul 5, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #48 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by MakoFury
I emailed Snowy from cattylink regarding a group buy, how many we would need to buy, and what the price break would be. I'll let you all know as soon as I get a response.

Count me in. Still waiting for word on my other source for the Eastsound
I would recommend buying the Euro 220V model at about $100 less then buying an AC converter (to use in the USA and step up from 110V to the 220V of the CD player) for around $30.

Jul 5, 2005 at 8:39 AM Post #49 of 96
I am thinking about it so count me in as well for now???

What are the physical dimensions of the unit? and how long is the power cord?

Jul 5, 2005 at 10:51 AM Post #50 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser
I am thinking about it so count me in as well for now???

What are the physical dimensions of the unit? and how long is the power cord?

Wait until you're firm in wanting to buy and then post your commitment on the Buy Group thread in this forum.

Jul 5, 2005 at 10:59 AM Post #51 of 96
Where can you get a converter to change the voltage requirement to the European model?

Jul 5, 2005 at 12:35 PM Post #52 of 96
Teerawit... it says 'European Edition' on the CD-E5's that are shipped over here, but they are special CD players that have been built with 110V. I asked Snowy about this and he said that the European Edition is actually improved over the standard CD-E5 and rather than just shipping the standard version that is sold in China, he requested that Eastsound make 110V versions of the European Edition instead.

As for information and pictures of the unit, have you read the thread in my signature? There is a bunch of info and links to other resources there... even a few bad pics of me and the player.
tongue.gif

EDIT: I was going to post a link to the group buy thread, but it seems to have been deleted.
frown.gif

Jul 5, 2005 at 12:49 PM Post #53 of 96
Hello All-

I have been informed that we cannot advertise the group buy in the main forums.

"We don't currently allow Group Buys to be conducted via the Main Forums. If cattylink wishes to promote their products for sale via Head-Fi, they have to advertise it like other Members of the Trade do, via Mall-Fi, Sponsored Threads, and/or Sponsorship."

If this means it's going to be difficult to recruit buyers then I'm just gonna order mine separately and avoid the hassle/wait.

Any ideas guys?

Jul 5, 2005 at 12:56 PM Post #54 of 96
We do not currently allow Group Buys to be advertised on the Main Forums, either directly by the dealer/manufacturer/distributor, or by proxy through a member. They are Members of the Trade, and must conduct business on Head-Fi as all other Members of the Trade have to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
....EDIT: I was going to post a link to the group buy thread, but it seems to have been deleted.
frown.gif

Quote:

Hello All-

I have been informed that we cannot advertise the group buy in the main forums.

"We don't currently allow Group Buys to be conducted via the Main Forums. If cattylink wishes to promote their products for sale via Head-Fi, they have to advertise it like other Members of the Trade do, via Mall-Fi, Sponsored Threads, and/or Sponsorship."...

Jul 5, 2005 at 1:07 PM Post #55 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
We do not currently allow Group Buys to be advertised on the Main Forums.

Ah, I wasn't aware. I suppose that makes sense.
smily_headphones1.gif

Could someone from Head-Fi buy a thread to conduct the group buy?

Jul 5, 2005 at 1:13 PM Post #56 of 96
I bought an Onix xcd-88 and I'm very pleased with it, especailly after the installation of the 627 op amps. It's pretty amazing the very high level of red book cd player that one can buy now for so little money!

Jul 5, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #57 of 96
I have sent an email to Snowy with the information about Head-Fi's rules to see if he is interested in paying for advertisement space and will post an update when he responds. I completely understand Jude's position in this as he is just trying to make things fair for all the companies involved.
wink.gif

Jul 5, 2005 at 4:30 PM Post #58 of 96
Quote:

JUST AS THE GROUP BUY IN CANADA, WE WOULD BE PLEASED TO OFFER YOU THE SAME PRICE OF USD498- PER SET BUT AS THE SHIPMENT WEIGHT BENEFIT A MINIMUM OF 7 SETS ARE REQUIRED FOR OPTIMAL ARRANGMENT. KINLDY NOTE THAT THE 100% MATCHING HIGH-END POWER CABLE "SILVER RAINCOAT POWER CABLE" IS ALSO INCLUDED AS FREE COMPLIMENTARY GIFT.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENTHUSISATIC SUPPORT ON CHINA-MADE HIGH-END AUDIO AND ESOUND PRODUCTS. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US FOR ANY FURTHER INFORMATION OR ASSISTANCE.

SINCERELY,

SNOWY LAW
Cattylink Analog Research
www.cattylink.com

So the players would be 498 shipped?

I am all for the 110v version.

Andrew

Jul 5, 2005 at 4:34 PM Post #59 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by GLF
So the players would be 498 shipped?

I am all for the 110v version.

If you read the above posts, there are some things that need to happen before we can proceed. I'll let you all know once Snowy gets back to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back