Looking for stand-alone CD player - $500 budget
Jul 5, 2005 at 8:48 PM Post #61 of 96
Did you order your own or all 7 for the group buy?

I'm starting to have second thoughts about the Eastsound because of the lack of a warranty. I might end up going with something else just for peace of mind...

Jul 5, 2005 at 9:20 PM Post #62 of 96
No, just one. Buy my NAD for $265 shipped - in the for sale section. Only played it about 20 hours total - works flawlessly - like new.

Jul 6, 2005 at 9:52 AM Post #63 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by MakoFury
Did you order your own or all 7 for the group buy?

I'm starting to have second thoughts about the Eastsound because of the lack of a warranty. I might end up going with something else just for peace of mind...

You can find a repair somewhere here - components are used in many high end players so any one who can repair HE CDP can repair this one - it's just not free. The long testing should detect if there will be any problems, in most cases.

Negotiated a lower price with Sonny -available to all - my order just went in:

$710 total, including paypal fee, shipped to your door, 110volt USA model.

Jul 6, 2005 at 12:03 PM Post #64 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by drarthurwells
Negotiated a lower price with Sonny.

Say it with me now... "Snow - y"
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 12:19 PM Post #65 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Say it with me now... "Snow - y"
biggrin.gif

That's what I said, Sonny, or rather Sunny.

It's only Snowy in the winter - you silly!

Jul 6, 2005 at 5:38 PM Post #67 of 96
Quote:

Damn, all that for $710....I still don't know what to do...I might just pull the trigger and order it...

Well you could pay over twice as much for an equal quality player, and then have a warranty.

Jul 6, 2005 at 5:43 PM Post #68 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by drarthurwells
Well you could pay over twice as much for an equal quality player, and then have a warranty.

rolleyes.gif

From my experience it would cost you way more than twice the cost... more like 4 or 5 times the cost.
wink.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 5:53 PM Post #69 of 96
I would agree, you are talking about a $700 CD player that uses a DAC with parts used in the Gryphon, Mark Levinson, and Gamut players.

So far I have had over a week of trouble free operation from mine. Anyone know what CD transport it uses? I wonder if it could be replaced incase there is trouble down the road.

Jul 6, 2005 at 5:57 PM Post #70 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by chillysalsa
Anyone know what CD transport it uses? I wonder if it could be replaced incase there is trouble down the road.

I think it uses the same Philips transport that is in a lot of the hifi CDP's out there... I may be opening mine up soon to put some dynamat in there and when I do I will try to write down anything that looks interesting. I will try to take pics too, but my digital camera is horrible and cant really take macro shots.
wink.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #71 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
I think it uses the same Philips transport that is in a lot of the hifi CDP's out there... I may be opening mine up soon to put some dynamat in there and when I do I will try to write down anything that looks interesting. I will try to take pics too, but my digital camera is horrible and cant really take macro shots.
wink.gif

We could always e-mail and ask Snewy!

Jul 6, 2005 at 9:16 PM Post #72 of 96
Quote:

Damn, all that for $710....I still don't know what to do...I might just pull the trigger and order it...

I got a qoute of $779 what did a miss

Jul 6, 2005 at 9:26 PM Post #73 of 96
Send him $710 total via paypal for the USA 110 volt model and Silver cable, and say you got the price from Arthur Wells.

Jul 6, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #75 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e
I got a qoute of $779 what did a miss

i think drarthurwells Negotiated a lower price .It"s like any other business

I paid 697$ for mine,but they gave me a special price ,because i had a few problems out of the preamp i purchased from them.I was able to fix the problem myself.It was a cold solder joint on a ming da preamp.I just touched up all the solder joints in the signal path hoping i would get the right one.

Lot of work.

regards

PS--my eastsound has been playing for 7 hours now--the sound is very nice--the midrange detail has improved already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back