Looking for something similar to HD598...
Nov 19, 2012 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MathewM

New Head-Fier
I previously owned the HD598 but returned them due to comfort issues.  Yes, I know I'm one of the few, but they just felt kind of tight over a period of listening.  I have a big head, a short neck and I wear glasses.  I did like their sound however.  Is there anything else out there that would be perhaps more comfortable with a similar sound signature for around the same price?  I need something that I can plug into my CD player and amp, but also my laptop. 

Nov 19, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
I previously owned the HD598 but returned them due to comfort issues.  Yes, I know I'm one of the few, but they just felt kind of tight over a period of listening.  I have a big head, a short neck and I wear glasses.  I did like their sound however.  Is there anything else out there that would be perhaps more comfortable with a similar sound signature for around the same price?  I need something that I can plug into my CD player and amp, but also my laptop. 

Try the D2000.  You can get a pair on the forums for ~$200.  Much less clamping force..  Someone correct me here if I'm wrong and I'm talking of the D5000 and D7000.

Nov 19, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Heya,

Sony MA900
AKG Q701
Shure SRH1440

Very best,

Nov 19, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #5 of 7
The MA900 seems to fit what I'm looking for.  Now, where to buy them?  Most "legitmate" places are either out of stock or are asking full retail.  I won't pay more than $200 for them and prefer to buy from a place like Amazon or B&H.

Nov 19, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
The MA900 seems to fit what I'm looking for.  Now, where to buy them?  Most "legitmate" places are either out of stock or are asking full retail.  I won't pay more than $200 for them and prefer to buy from a place like Amazon or B&H.

$192 at Amazon. Did you even check?

Very best,

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #7 of 7
^ Yes, of course I checked.  Beach Audio is selling them through Amazon.  Amazon is currently out of stock.  I much rather buy from Amazon directly as they have an excellent return policy should I not like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back