Looking for some new Full-size closed-back headphones.
Jan 10, 2011 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

EuroDance18

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am pretty new to this site and this is my first post, but Ive read quite a bit in the past 2 months on headphones and I have done extensive research on what I plan to get in the future. I originally was going to get Audio-Technica m50 but the site I ordered them off of was a bit of a scam/fraud and they never came. I'm in in the process of getting my money back. I should have known since they were only $56 and they are normally around $120. I was going to re-order them but my friend said and others on this site said they don't have a great sound stage. Ive also heard that most closed-back headphones don't have great sound stage anyways. Now I'm not much of a audiophile but I think I'm turning into one lol and I do appreciate great sound quality. Most of my music is now 320kbps and FLAC and I recently got some nice 2.1 Klipsch speakers and a better sound card, which I like alot. My price limit is 200 dollars and I was looking into buying headphones in the 100-150 price range but less than 100 is ok and more than 150 and less than  200 is also ok. The main uses I will be using with my new headphones are listening to music and movies on my computer at home and with my Cowon s9 mp3 player at school and on the road. Now I already have a Fiio E5 personal headphones amp, but I don't know how much it will help with the headphones I plan to get in the future. Headphones that I've considered and done quite a bit of reading on, are the m50's, Ultrasone hfi-580, and pro 550, Audio-Technica a700, senn 280 hd pro, Koss portopros, Shure 440 and 840.

These will be my 2nd over the ear headphones, since my past headphones have been iem, like jlab j2, and j3. I do have plantronics over the ear headset for my pc which is pretty good, but the sound ain't that great. I did have a pair of iSymphony headphones rbnc1 noise canceling headphones which I liked well but that was over 3 years ago, which were broken.

Now I know most of the headphones I have looked into aren't really portable, but then again, I wouldn't use them that much, outside the house, and my friend who owns the m50s, says that he makes due with them since they aren't really for portable use.

Now comfort is a big deal for me, since I listen to headphones for extended periods of time (>3 hours). so I want some pretty comfortable cans. Most of my music that I listen to it electronic, dance, house, trance, dubstep, DnB, eurodance, and also a little bit of rap. hip-hop, and rock. If someone can help me focus on a pair of headphones out of all the headphones out there, that will be great. They also have to be closed. Thanks!

~Spencer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back