Looking for Some Direction
Sep 17, 2010 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dirkpitt45

100+ Head-Fier
Just started off about a month ago with a zune hd and M-50s. I've got a few hundred CAD free'd up now and I'm sure what I should get into next. Currently my pc has no soundcard, just the onboard audio which is noticeably worse then my zune. Bass is muddier and just overall is not as detailed or musical. I spend more time listening at home working so I'm fine with the zune and m-50s for a portable rig. 

I've been looking at a few options; maybe picking up a Nuforce udac2 and a pair of Alessandro ms1i's. I've never heard a real open can before or anything other then the M-50s. Figured I'd kinda of upgrade sideways first and see what I prefer before going for a more exspensive can. Plus the UDAC and could make up for my lack of a sound card and be a portable amp as well. 

Other option would again be the ms1i's and maybe a ~$150 desktop amp, maybe a used phenix g3 or something along those lines off the forums here or somewhere. 

Or I could pick up the dt770s or 880s since they seem to be along the same lines as the M-50s, but an upgraded version of sorts. 

I'm not too sure at this point, any suggestions? Have a budget that I can probably stretch to ~300 maybe more if its really worth it. 

Sep 18, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #3 of 4
I listen to pretty much everything. Though drum and bass is my current favourite. As for other uses I've got the turtle beach x1s for gaming and xbox so these (m-50s) are pretty much just for listening to music and movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back