Looking for short IEM cables
Dec 11, 2020 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AlclairImpressions69420

New Head-Fier
Hi,

My casual listening setup atm is a pair of custom Alclair RevX's playing from a Fiio BTR3K. This bluetooth receiver is connected to Spotify on my phone. This is not the thread for a Spotify/bluetooth discussion, I'm happy with how things sound.
I keep the Fiio in my pocket, and run the cable down the inside of my clothes. I've found this to be a little cumbersome. I want to try using a short cable, so that I may wear the Fiio like a necklace.
For this, I will need a short (max. 12 inch) IEM cable. I'd like 2.5mm balanced on one end, and .78mm 2 pin on the other. Black is my preferred colour, and I don't want to overpay on snake-oil infused cables. Simple copper is fine. I've been having trouble finding a cable that fits my bill, on Amazon or Aliexpress. I'd prefer a US supplier, but that's only a preference.

Jan 8, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #5 of 8
Seems this thread is one big bump ahaha but for reference. The Xinhs store on Ali can make any cable they sell on the size that you want. I got some 55cm 16 core black cables coming this way because I also plan to wear my btr3k like a necklace Just send them a message.

Feb 3, 2024 at 4:03 AM Post #6 of 8
Just received a modest custom cable from Xinhs and I have to say it's perfect. Didn't even give them the most detailed spec but I got just what I wanted and more.

Feb 6, 2024 at 11:36 PM Post #7 of 8
Hart Cables can make a custom IEM whatever length you want. They improved their IEM cables from the initial too-fluffy to a much better/slimmer cable. You can also use zip ties or velcro strips to shorten the cable down pretty effectively.

Feb 7, 2024 at 3:58 AM Post #8 of 8
Just received a modest custom cable from Xinhs and I have to say it's perfect. Didn't even give them the most detailed spec but I got just what I wanted and more.

I second a custom cable from XINHS.

I have had them make several custom extension cables and balanced interconnects and they have always been spot on to what I asked for.

Contact them via the “Store” option on the AliExpress app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back