Looking for recommendations for headphones
Nov 6, 2010 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

crs-chris

New Head-Fier
I'm kind of new to the audiophile scene and ive been lurking the forums but I'm not totally sure what to get.

im looking for some good headphones in the $100-120 range. I'd say I would probably use them for music most of the time but I do some gaming but music is more of a priority.. Most of my music is underground rap stuff like a tribe called quest. I don't really like it when the bass is overpowered or muddy. I'm just looking for some headphones with good sq and soundstage. I'm not really concerned about portability either.

I've been looking at alot of audio technica headphone reviews and I'm interested in the m50s and a700s but I am open to any other suggestions. Thanks.

Nov 6, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #3 of 3
The AD700 has better soundstage and pin point accuracy for gaming, overall better for gaming.  They also are in the tiny side as far as bass and does poorly in my opinion for rap.  The bass of the AD700 can make bombs and gunshot sound slightly unrealistic.  The M50 does pretty well for gaming, and excel in comparision to ad700 for rap/hip hop.  The soundstage is decent with gaming from what I heard since I don't really game with headphones (I play with the PS3 and haven't really hook up my headphone with it).  If comfort matters then the AD700 is very very comfortable whereas the M50 has pleather pad that will make your ear sweat (Might be important for long session gaming).  The bass of the M50 are very good and doesn't mask treble and mids. read the description and make your choice. good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back