Looking for portable headamp for Playstation Dualsense
Mar 4, 2023 at 5:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

malenak

100+ Head-Fier
I would like to kindly ask you for advice for portable headphone amp for gaming. My idea is to use 3,5mm out of the Dualsense gamepad to headamp. Dualsense is ok for something like 109 Pro which are very efficient headphones, but it is not enough for my planars (Empyrean, Edition XS). So here I am looking for help with finding something.

I think that something like iFi audio xCAN would be a good pick, but any other advice is welcome.

What do you think? Thanks for help.

Mar 6, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 3
I would be a bit hesitant to spend too much money on amplifying the 3.5mm output of the controller. The output has already been amplified for headphones, so you’d be ‘double amping’. You’d get more output, but also the noise level gets amplified. It would work, but probably not an ideal solution.

A DAC/Amp using the USB port on the PS5 apparently works, but you may need some kind of optical adapter.

Mar 7, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #3 of 3
Actually I am using 109 Pro right from the Dualsense and the output quality from it is much better than the sound quality of the headphone output from my Cambridge CXA80. That headphone output is really rubbish. o I am using output from Dualsense for 109 Pro and I like it and I don't feel any strugling, but Edition XS is way more hungry and I am finding the solution which will not only sound good, but it will be also comfortable to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back