Looking for new headphones, need help finding good ones for my music
Jul 24, 2012 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Gibbonatorr

New Head-Fier
I'm looking into buying new headphones, but i know almost nothing about them, and i want to know what headphones i should by that would sound best with my style of music. I really only listen to Post-Hardcore and Emo, so if anyone has any suggestions within my budget of about $200, it would be greatly appreciated. Some examples of the music i listen to are:

Pierce The Veil
Alesana
blessthefall
Escape The Fate
Of Mice & Men
Hawthorne Heights
Touche Amore
For All Those Sleeping
Breathe Carolina
Black Veil Brides
Miss May I
Sleeping With Sirens
Attack Attack!

Jul 24, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #2 of 4
Maybe check out:

Phillips Uptown

V MODA M-80

Ultrasones ... PROs / HFIs

Sennheiser HD598 ( Stretch )

You should also list the device you will be using to play these songs, plus are u into amping, plus whether you prefer open or close or semi-closed cans...plus is portability important...

Jul 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Maybe check out:

Phillips Uptown

V MODA M-80

Ultrasones ... PROs / HFIs

Sennheiser HD598 ( Stretch )

You should also list the device you will be using to play these songs, plus are u into amping, plus whether you prefer open or close or semi-closed cans...plus is portability important...

I'll mostly be playing it through my Laptop computer, iPod, and guitar amplifier (I Already have a really good amplifier) and i prefer either Closed or Semi-closed, and portability isn't a problem since i already have good enough buds for travel. i'll really only be using these for use at home and possibly mixing some of the stuff i write.

Jul 24, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #4 of 4
look at the Ultrasone HFI 680, these babies are made special for rock and metal! Very good headphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back