1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

looking for new Headphones, budget is $300

1. Rossatron
    hey everyone,

i'm looking for a new set of headphones). my current ones are in-ear sennheiser cx500, which I know are not headphones, but given the improvement in the portable headphones field, i thought i could get myself a good pair. 

please note: the headphones should be "glasses friendly" :)

I'm currently leaning towards Harman/Kardon BT model. from what i have read they are comfortable, produce good sound and their BT capability is great. another set I'm interested in is Bowers&Wilkins P3. i understand that the memory foam works nicely, so i thought maybe it could adjust to allow for the glasses?

is the bluetooth even worth it, or should i just go for a cabled pair? 

anyway, i'm opened for suggestions. this is what i want from a set, so i would very much appreciate any recommendations based on the following points:

1. price: up to $300. if there is a set that's worth another $20 than ok, but not more than that.
    2. foldable, preferably into a hard case (though a soft case is not a deal breaker)
    3. full, around the ear is preferable (i think it isolates outside noise better?). on ear (as you see i like the p3) is ok if it's good
    4. glasses friendly - i wear glasses all the time, so i want headphones that i can wear and enjoy. i don't want to have to pause every now and then to ease the pressure (i do not want another in-ear set).
    5. Bluetooth support, preferably with apt-x support. given, of course, that the BT in the headphones is good - range is not that important (will be paired with laptop which is in front of me, or my player which sits in my pocket / backpack). battery life is important - i don't want to have to charge it every hour. i do prefer a set that has a built in mic so i can use it to answer calls as well. oh, and of course - good sound.

*** in regard to the BT - i would like to hear people's input if it even worth the money, and whether or not a cable version is better (though using headphones without cables seems quite awesome).

thank you very much in advance

2. Rossatron
    Bump :)

3. phantompersona
    I dont listen to much over the ear phones  but  hear is my 5 cents.

The meelec ht-20 are pretty good, kinda bass deficient imho but cheap. can be had for around $20.

The JVC Ha-S500 , i heard from a friend are extremly good, they do decent mid, treble, and bass. I beleive he upgraded the pads, and the headphones can be had for under 50.

Onkyo came out with a headphones http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/products/es-hf300-90841.html , They look good , other than that haha. Care to be a guinea pig? :p
     edit: found a review for the headphones..http://www.techdigest.tv/2013/04/review_onkyo_es.html

here's a thread for more helpful help. http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-107-portable-headphones-reviewed-astrotec-as-100hd-as-200hd-added-12-02-12

I hoped i helped out a little.

4. Rossatron
    Hey,
    Thanks for replying.
    I have read that thread but it wasn't mentioned whether or not the headphones were "glasses friendly", and if the bt worth it