looking for new Headphones, budget is $300
Apr 27, 2013 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Rossatron

New Head-Fier
hey everyone,

i'm looking for a new set of headphones). my current ones are in-ear sennheiser cx500, which I know are not headphones, but given the improvement in the portable headphones field, i thought i could get myself a good pair. 

please note: the headphones should be "glasses friendly" :)

I'm currently leaning towards Harman/Kardon BT model. from what i have read they are comfortable, produce good sound and their BT capability is great. another set I'm interested in is Bowers&Wilkins P3. i understand that the memory foam works nicely, so i thought maybe it could adjust to allow for the glasses?

is the bluetooth even worth it, or should i just go for a cabled pair? 

anyway, i'm opened for suggestions. this is what i want from a set, so i would very much appreciate any recommendations based on the following points:

1. price: up to $300. if there is a set that's worth another $20 than ok, but not more than that.
  2. foldable, preferably into a hard case (though a soft case is not a deal breaker)
  3. full, around the ear is preferable (i think it isolates outside noise better?). on ear (as you see i like the p3) is ok if it's good
  4. glasses friendly - i wear glasses all the time, so i want headphones that i can wear and enjoy. i don't want to have to pause every now and then to ease the pressure (i do not want another in-ear set).
  5. Bluetooth support, preferably with apt-x support. given, of course, that the BT in the headphones is good - range is not that important (will be paired with laptop which is in front of me, or my player which sits in my pocket / backpack). battery life is important - i don't want to have to charge it every hour. i do prefer a set that has a built in mic so i can use it to answer calls as well. oh, and of course - good sound.

*** in regard to the BT - i would like to hear people's input if it even worth the money, and whether or not a cable version is better (though using headphones without cables seems quite awesome).

thank you very much in advance

Apr 28, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 4
I dont listen to much over the ear phones  but  hear is my 5 cents.

The meelec ht-20 are pretty good, kinda bass deficient imho but cheap. can be had for around $20.

The JVC Ha-S500 , i heard from a friend are extremly good, they do decent mid, treble, and bass. I beleive he upgraded the pads, and the headphones can be had for under 50.

Onkyo came out with a headphones http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/products/es-hf300-90841.html , They look good , other than that haha. Care to be a guinea pig? :p
 edit: found a review for the headphones..http://www.techdigest.tv/2013/04/review_onkyo_es.html

here's a thread for more helpful help. http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-107-portable-headphones-reviewed-astrotec-as-100hd-as-200hd-added-12-02-12

I hoped i helped out a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back