Jan 9, 2014 at 1:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Danieldanik

Head-Fier
Hey guys.
Im looking for decent mp3 player.
My options so far are:

Ipod nano 7th gen

Or

Zune HD (refurbished in great condition with warranty)

Got any other options?

(Size: bigger then sansa clip, smaller then ipod touch)

*not looking for something proffesional , just a nice mp3 for home use ans sport)

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #8 of 11
  Colorfly C3 is hard to beat.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
C3 is the worst possible suggestion you could make, almost as bad as a HiFi-Man. He clearly said that he's not looking for something professional, just a nice mp3 for home use and sport. While the C3 is hardly professional, it's also anything BUT nice.
Now people are going to smite me for this...

Sansa Clip is massively overrated, and the Clip homers have so much bias it's unbelievable. Great player for $30, not very good compared to a $150 PMP with 160gb storage. And so, my main suggestion for purely listening would be iPod Classic. Big capacity, low price second hand. Depending on your headphones, an amp+LOD+iPod could hammer the clip. Nano is horrible; GUI, SQ, iTunes, form factor, price, I could go on. Although the Zune HD does look very nice and has a good screen for videos/some games, to be perfectly honest is massively overpriced ($400 are you kidding me!?), at ~$140, you could argue that it would be a bargain. Though iPod still beats it in SQ I believe. But I think it's a bit too big for sport, no?

However this being said, it doesn't answer your original question. You mentioned mp3; the iPod's strong point is its HDD and LO capabilities. You're not going to be able to fill 80-160gb with mp3s my friend. In your situation, I'd have to agree with batteraziiz; you should get the Cowon iAudio 9+, 10, or whatever the new one is called. Decent storage, good form, great SQ, I doubt you'd be displeased. Unless any of the other features I mentioned (video, storage, LO, etc.) are more important to you, or if you want to wait another year or so for the FiiO X1 to come out.

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #9 of 11
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

C3 is the worst possible suggestion you could make, almost as bad as a HiFi-Man. He clearly said that he's not looking for something professional, just a nice mp3 for home use and sport. While the C3 is hardly professional, it's also anything BUT nice.

Seems like a small over reaction.

The C3 is an excellent player if all you're interested in is playing MP3s. There are not a bunch of bells and whistles other then a quality player with some basic EQ settings. The UI is easy enough to use and understand. It also gets excellent battery life and can handle up to 64 gigs which is plenty for most. It also has the best unamped sound I've ever from a dap.

There's a reason you rarely see them on the classifieds and you see iPods everyday...

Jan 17, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #11 of 11

However this being said, it doesn't answer your original question. You mentioned mp3; the iPod's strong point is its HDD and LO capabilities. You're not going to be able to fill 80-160gb with mp3s my friend.

Oh really? I had an 80GB iPod 5.5G before and I had it filled to the brim with MP3s..... 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back