Looking for iem's that are good for studying... (blocking out alot of sound)
Mar 11, 2011 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ambigramic

New Head-Fier
my budget is around $100 and i need iem's (preferably) that can block out alot of sound and little sound leakage as possible. i would be studying mainly at the library and sometimes at home, and was deciding to go with the shure se115's (apparently can block out about 35db) and they fit in my price range and was wondering if there were any better ones i could get at about $100 or less?

Mar 11, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 5
look at the brand new shures the 215's
also the mee a151's might work for you

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #4 of 5
In my opinion, when it comes to isolation and IEMs, its all about the fit.  And thats going to vary from person to person based on ear canal size and geometry.  For me personally, when I absolutely positively have to have isolation, I turn to my triple flange ER6i's or my Monster Turbines with the triple flanges installed.  I love the sound of my TF10's, but I haven't yet found the magic combination that gives me a comfortable fit and great isolation.

ER6i's and refurbished Monster Turbines are both available for less than your budget of $100.

Mar 11, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
i was thinking of buying the 215's on earphone solutions, but i didn't want to play customs or anything like that... (live in canada)

Keep in mind Ambigramic that 'wonderful' agreement called NAFTA. I did a quick check and it appears that Shure is located in Chicago, which if their product is manufactured there, it should fall under the agreement. Which to you should mean that there would be no duty, just shipping into Canada :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back