Looking for IEM Recommendations - $150-250, Rock / Metal
Jan 21, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #17 of 44

Quote:
Well, I have not got to listen to the GR-07s yet. And many people say they are very similar to the UM3x, which is very analytical. 

You said it as if you were listening to them right then and there. I also have a hard time believing you've heard the UM3X as well, as that's not how the signature is described by people who own it. I looked at your profile, and you claim to have heard all manner of IEMS including the uber-expensive K3003 and you've 'tested' several high end customs (I'm not even sure how you can test 9 different custom-made, earphones). If you have, great. If not, don't influence other members to buy/not buy iems you haven't heard. 

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #18 of 44

Quote:
You said it as if you were listening to them right then and there. I also have a hard time believing you've heard the UM3X as well, as that's not how the signature is described by people who own it. I looked at your profile, and you claim to have heard all manner of IEMS including the uber-expensive K3003 and you've 'tested' several high end customs (I'm not even sure how you can test 9 different custom-made, earphones). If you have, great. If not, don't influence other members to buy/not buy iems you haven't heard. 

Sorry if you got any wrong ideas right there. Yes, I have indeed heard of the UM3x. And it is indeed applied here that the GR-07 are the analytical as opposed to a "fun" type. http://www.head-fi.org/t/536342/review-vsonic-gr07-labor-of-love. And have you ever heard of universal custom demo sets? If you have not, then too bad for you. And I did not influence others to "not buy" or "buy" anything, I merely stated that one "suits" his musical tastes more than the other and I'm not forcing him to buy anything. Merely a "short" statement. And yes, I have all the mentioned IEMs in my profile. I can even go out to test it next week or anytime I'm free if I so wish. 

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #19 of 44

Quote:
Well, I have not got to listen to the GR-07s yet. And many people say they are very similar to the UM3x, which is very analytical. 

Being an owner of the GR07, I would say they are fairly neutral but not exactly very analytical like you described. They have some similarities to the UM3X but there are many differences as well, such as in soundstage and how the treble is presented.

I did like the UM3X for rock and metal, however.

I sold my Turbine Pro Coppers as they were just a bit too blended sounding for my tastes.

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #21 of 44

Quote:
Sorry if you got any wrong ideas right there. Yes, I have indeed heard of the UM3x. And it is indeed applied here that the GR-07 are the analytical as opposed to a "fun" type. http://www.head-fi.org/t/536342/review-vsonic-gr07-labor-of-love. And have you ever heard of universal custom demo sets? If you have not, then too bad for you. And I did not influence others to "not buy" or "buy" anything, I merely stated that one "suits" his musical tastes more than the other and I'm not forcing him to buy anything. Merely a "short" statement. And yes, I have all the mentioned IEMs in my profile. I can even go out to test it next week or anytime I'm free if I so wish. 

Like I said, if you've heard them, awesome. Non-fatiguing doesn't imply the same as analytical. I still have my doubts. Listen to an Ety and you'll know what analytical is.  Oh wait, you claim to already have. And I know what a CIEM demo unit is. But 9? You remind me of when I used to lie to my elementary school friends to impress them.

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #22 of 44
I can see where he's going; he lives in Singapore which has two well-known headphone shops: Stereo Electronics and Jaben. They both have the UM and JH range(respectively) of demo units for auditioning.

Jan 22, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #23 of 44

Quote:
Being an owner of the GR07, I would say they are fairly neutral but not exactly very analytical like you described. They have some similarities to the UM3X but there are many differences as well, such as in soundstage and how the treble is presented.

I did like the UM3X for rock and metal, however.

I sold my Turbine Pro Coppers as they were just a bit too blended sounding for my tastes.

I see, separation is also needed for rock and metal.

Jan 22, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #24 of 44

Quote:
Like I said, if you've heard them, awesome. Non-fatiguing doesn't imply the same as analytical. I still have my doubts. Listen to an Ety and you'll know what analytical is.  Oh wait, you claim to already have. And I know what a CIEM demo unit is. But 9? You remind me of when I used to lie to my elementary school friends to impress them.

Ok, firstly, I don't see a reason why I would want to impress anyone, if I did, wouldn't I state I have all of them instead? Also, a demo unit of every Unique Melody custom is available at a shop in my country. Website: http://www.stereo.com.sg/store/nav.php?cPath=336_337 . And if you have ever heard of a shop named "Jaben", that's where I tested the JHs and that one LiveWire. And even if I wanted to impress people, wouldn't I put every single JH model down there as well? The fact I only put 3 shows that I'm not trying to prove anything. And yes, I have heard both the HF5 and ER-4P, they are what I know is considered analytical and so is the UM3x. I apologize if I have "accidentally" described your IEM inaccurately because I was under the impression that the GR-07 are similar to the UM3x which are analytical. And I never said that non-fatiguing is analytical. Analytical means highly detailed, ain't it? I think you're also under the impression that "accurate", "neutral" and "analytical" are under the same category. Like the Shure SE425s are not the most accurate IEMs but they are analytical. Also, I don't mind if you believe whether I tried those IEMs or not. Since I don't live to impress you.

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #25 of 44

Quote:
I can see where he's going; he lives in Singapore which has two well-known headphone shops: Stereo Electronics and Jaben. They both have the UM and JH range(respectively) of demo units for auditioning.

Exactly. They even have the GR-07 over there which I have not had time to test yet. Furthermore, I used the word "assuming" and not "it is". So I'm not automatically saying that the Westone 2 is better is any way. 

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #28 of 44

Quote:
Stereo does not, but I think Jaben does, I recall someone trying it, I personally wanted to try it but was out of time. But there is another place to try, if I can recall.

Toy Outpost at Plaza Singapura(where LendMeUrEars has their locker). Though personally I find that place too noisy for a good audition.

I first heard them through a friend

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #30 of 44

Quote:

I stand corrected then. I was using my limited US experience. I'm just annoyed by people who go off at the mouth without knowing what they're saying, and it appears Jeremy isn't one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back