Looking for headphones for a gift (Preferably $50ish, willing to go up in price)
Jul 11, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #17 of 29
i mentioned the skullcandy as i could not think of nothing else in your price range and you see loads of people on youtube praising them, iv never owned nor listened to a pair so have no clue what they sound like but for $50 their aint much out their even though i did pick up a pair of second hand hd595 for £40 the other day so you never know what you might come across.
like they above says the sr60i might be a good option and they can be got for about $50 but iv not heard these neither even though im looking at getting the sr325i myself.
good luck anyway hope you find a good bargain.

Jul 11, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #18 of 29
have to put my hands up to owning the solos though as i just bought these for the looks mainly and i neither mind the bass on these. im no audiophile so anything that has good bass does me lol

Jul 11, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #20 of 29
Trust me, just get the Koss UR-55 for $50 at any Best Buy. It's the best sound you can get for $50. Even better then the Porta Pros and they are even more comfortable. I actually think they sound as good as SOME $100-$150 headphones i've heard such as the HD-555, HD-25 II and AKG 243 MK II.

They go over your ears and are very comfortable. They're a little bigger then most portable headphones, but still not too bad.

People are going to think I work for Koss if I don't shut up about them soon. I just like them that much. It seems to have my preferred type of sound.

Jul 11, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #21 of 29
Hey more replies :)
Well, I know she gets annoyed by her family sometimes and just kind of likes to drown them out so I was wondering how good they are at keeping out noise. I mean, when the music starts playing it will probably keep them out but just in general how are the different headphones in the amount of noise they leak and cancel?

Jul 11, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #23 of 29
I recommended the SRH440s to a friend who plays guitar, a few other instruments and likes a wide variety of music and he really couldn't be happier with them. I was able to give him a rather nice price on them through my company, but your mileage may vary on price. They're not pretty, but they will pee all over the shoes of equally priced mainsteam headphones.

Jul 22, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #29 of 29
Just got a review pair of Pioneer SE-M390 and for 40 bucks WOW. Those mommas have some bass, enough to rival my Ultrasone 780s. They are growing on me, sounding better the short time I have listened to them. The mids are recessed, but the bass!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back