Looking for good, trusted US website for purchasing Westone ES5 customs
Feb 6, 2011 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

b0ck3n

500+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi,

I'm currently on the hunt for my very first custom IEM, and I'm very curious about the ES5s. There is a retailer here in Sweden, where I'll audition the earphones in question next week, but they charge outlandish prices. The ES5 is $1800, custom art another $250 - in other words more than double the asking price in the US. Impressions and refits won't be a problem, since I've got a great audiologist around who's been in the business for 40 years and has a great deal of experience working with Westone. The only negative is shipping, but I can't imagine it being so huge of a problem that it would warrant paying double.

Therefor I'd like some suggestions and recommendations of really good, dependable web-based retailers. To start off I stumbled across one called Earplugstore (http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net) - the price is right, if anyone has experience dealing with them I'd love to hear your views on the exchange.

Thanks!

Feb 15, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 4
haha i have the same problem in Australia.  The main custom distributer wants $1760 USD which is hilarious.  Good luck brother let me know what you find.

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #4 of 4
Will do. So far they've been very helpful and quick to answer all my questions atleast. Off to demo the ES5 today, will see if it edges the JH13/16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back