Looking for ( found )"end game" headphones in 2K ± price range.
Mar 12, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #1,201 of 1,473
Nice work.
Curious about how it'll process further, and the sound, of course. :)
Why did you choose A2dc?

Mar 12, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #1,202 of 1,473
Nice work.
Curious about how it'll process further, and the sound, of course. :)
Why did you choose A2dc?
Actual cups are on the way. But I’ll not waste opportunity to test few things with what I got on hands.
Tuning will be the most frustrating part.
Once that’s done. Disassemble, sand, paint and hope for the best.

A2DC bc I have made couple cables of different length for my AT ADX5000. And I like small factor of this type of connection.

Mar 12, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #1,203 of 1,473
Went thru half a dozen pads to pick one or two with best imaging/soundstage. Now is “just” a matter of getting bass right. Easier said then done.
599FA0DD-06B8-4C69-954C-4813B3DEDA6F.jpeg

Mar 12, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #1,204 of 1,473
Sounds pretty good on tube setup. It’s not as efficient as spects would suggest. Clarity, speciousness, decay, female voices are all more than adequate. Have settled on original pads that looked as a possibility in this setup, Audeze vegans. Sounded almost awful on Topping basement testing rig. Spects would suggest otherwise but it is what it is. I’ll voice it using tube amp.
40D51997-019B-423F-9BE7-084ED874F310.jpeg

This sounds pretty sick.....
80518E5D-AD5A-48F3-8A25-7D1DECFDBA3D.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #1,205 of 1,473
Thats a beautiful headphone mod :)

Mar 12, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #1,206 of 1,473
Thats a beautiful headphone mod :)
Thanks. From scratch. Lol
Well......, headband is Audeze. Everything else is random stuff. From bamboo, Japanese wood fruit/ tea plate/cup to thick gauge outlet cover repurposed for Audeze headband mounting bracket.
5FBFA1C9-D35B-4B58-B121-BF9A74D944F4.jpeg

edit.
I want to add that total weight is just under 400g and they’re super comfy.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #1,208 of 1,473
@FYFL , now you can try the Kennerton headphones in your country :L3000: I hope you live near Audio 46 :beerchug:

Good for you, but I fear for your wallet :relieved:

I can see that also @ScornDefeat is from NY. Lucky you :L3000:
Must have missed that update from 46. Kennerton always intrigued me but for different reasons. I'll give them a listen. That's for sure. Which model to start with? Any suggestions?
Yes, we're planning future meet, with @ScornDefeat among ppl that will participate in it. Happy to be part of it.

Mar 14, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #1,209 of 1,473
Thanks for the heads-up! I am absolutely interested in making the trio to Audio46 in NYC to try out some of the Kennerton line; these have been high on my list of "must-try" for a while now, and A46 is a great spot to demo/audition gear.

It's certainly a plus being an audiophile from the NYC-area, as there's some great folks like @FYFL and @Relaxasaurus in the area.

Mar 14, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #1,211 of 1,473
Must have missed that update from 46. Kennerton always intrigued me but for different reasons. I'll give them a listen. That's for sure. Which model to start with? Any suggestions?
Yes, we're planning future meet, with @ScornDefeat among ppl that will participate in it. Happy to be part of it.
I would go there with all of you if you pay my passage from Canary islands and wait for my COVID quarantine :relieved:

I would try GH 50 (normal edition and JM edition) and remember to push the cups inwards (there are a lot of people in Kennerton' thread that see that as something absolutely neccesary -they bend inwards the cups when purchase those headphones-) and Thekk.

If I have more time, I would try Thror and Magni (and Wodan).... Ok, it's true: all Kennerton headphones catch my atention... But, I'm really interested to see comparisons of the upcoming Rögnir with Thekk and GH 50 JM edition. Also, personal impressions from the folks of the Kennerton thread... They will cost almost 3000 € and is almost impossible to try them for me, maybe if I travel to iberian Peninsula or some European country, but is difficult nowadays with the COVID around.

Mar 14, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #1,212 of 1,473
I would go there with all of you if you pay my passage from Canary islands and wait for my COVID quarantine :relieved:

I would try GH 50 (normal edition and JM edition) and remember to push the cups inwards (there are a lot of people in Kennerton' thread that see that as something absolutely neccesary -they bend inwards the cups when purchase those headphones-) and Thekk.

If I have more time, I would try Thror and Magni (and Wodan).... Ok, it's true: all Kennerton headphones catch my atention... But, I'm really interested to see comparisons of the upcoming Rögnir with Thekk and GH 50 JM edition. Also, personal impressions from the folks of the Kennerton thread... They will cost almost 3000 € and is almost impossible to try them for me, maybe if I travel to iberian Peninsula or some European country, but is difficult nowadays with the COVID around.

Since I'm officially cleared of Covid. I might visit them soon. TOTL CB dynamic Kenns were among few that caught my interest. But Thror and Wodan are really what I was curious about. One is TOTL planar and other a trickled down tech for significantly less. Thekks looks like exact copy of Thror. Don't know much about them but it looks like less open presentation. If that's so, probably lesser soundstage and better imaging. Am I far off?

Screenshot_20210314-184550.png

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #1,213 of 1,473
Since I'm officially cleared of Covid. I might visit them soon. TOTL CB dynamic Kenns were among few that caught my interest. But Thror and Wodan are really what I was curious about. One is TOTL planar and other a trickled down tech for significantly less. Thekks looks like exact copy of Thror. Don't know much about them but it looks like less open presentation. If that's so, probably lesser soundstage and better imaging. Am I far off?
I have not tried those headphones, I only suggested the ones that picked my interest from it's thread and reviews (you can ask there :beerchug: ). For example, eric65 prefers the Thekk over the Thror. And John Massaria loves his own mod and the posterior edition dedicated to it.

Also, people in Kennerton thread valorate a lot the Magni, even over pricier headphones.

I love aesthetically the Wodan, I prefer them to the other Kennerton plannar offerings, but I think Thekk is slightly better (like I said, from what I've read). The Rögnir is as beauty as the Verité VC (IMO) and will include a particular pads and cable.

Mar 14, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #1,214 of 1,473
Headphone (Kennerton) that closely competes with Final D8000 or 8000pro would be the one I would strongly consider.

I’ll be testing market for the headphone in 2021.
So who knows. Kenns might be what I’m looking for. But I am in no rush.

Mar 14, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #1,215 of 1,473
Headphone (Kennerton) that closely competes with Final D8000 or 8000pro would be the one I would strongly consider.

I’ll be testing market for the headphone in 2021.
So who knows. Kenns might be what I’m looking for. But I am in no rush.

Final D8000 is such a total package, that I would be (pleasantly, of course) surprised if any of the Kennerton stable is up to (that level of) par. It's that balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Pfgo
Back