Looking for ( found )"end game" headphones in 2K ± price range.
Mar 15, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #1,231 of 1,473
Now this is not something you see everyday!

So...how do they sound???
Not too bad to be honest. I was a bit concerned at first. How loud before drivers start breaking up? When distortion starts kicking in? Can drivers not really designed for CB handle it? You know, basic concerns.

To answer your Q. At low listening levels..... say 65-70+ dB it sounds very nice. Impressive bass, good speed and imaging. Soundstage suffered a bit. Which isn’t great since LCDX aren’t strongest in that department.
Pushing it above 75dB creates some issues tho. There’s not enough space/dampening to control drivers the way I would like. Piano sounds compressed. Clarity suffers. It gets busy and less coherent. But there’s potential with different shape/tuning IMO.

Mar 16, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #1,232 of 1,473
Not too bad to be honest. I was a bit concerned at first. How loud before drivers start breaking up? When distortion starts kicking in? Can drivers not really designed for CB handle it? You know, basic concerns.

To answer your Q. At low listening levels..... say 65-70+ dB it sounds very nice. Impressive bass, good speed and imaging. Soundstage suffered a bit. Which isn’t great since LCDX aren’t strongest in that department.
Pushing it above 75dB creates some issues tho. There’s not enough space/dampening to control drivers the way I would like. Piano sounds compressed. Clarity suffers. It gets busy and less coherent. But there’s potential with different shape/tuning IMO.

Overall, it seems like it didn't go too bad at all. Likely not surprising that, at volume, the drivers lost control on this, but it sounds like there's more than enough tweaking and tuning potential.

As a CB design, did it provide any isolation from outside noise, as well as outside isolation from the headphone sound production?

Mar 16, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #1,233 of 1,473
@OctavianH , I think that you recommended me one song (Sleepwalkers) of this album "Draconian - Under A Godless Veil" and I think I said you that I didn't like the grunts - I have listened today to the same track and I still don't like the presentation of the grunts on that song-

Today, I listened to another song of this album and absolutely love it. Was the first song: "Sorrow of Sophia". I will give another try to the album, that song brought me to the best times of bands like "Theatre of Tragedy" with a bit of doom :L3000:

Right now, I'm listening to "My dying bride - Evinta". Sometimes, I put this album that captures all MDB best songs in a melodic way :relieved:

It´s curious. Yesterday I downloaded the Draconian album and listened to it with the Denon AH-D9200s (almost all my metal albums sound very good with them) and it sounded hazy, with no detail in vocals (I love the detail in the vocals with the 9200s in most of my albums).

Now, I'm listening with the Senn HD 800s and, althought I miss a little the bass punch, sounds exceptional (except the grunts in Sleepwalkers, but with these cans remain at background :wink: )

A lovely album, thanks again @OctavianH.

Mar 16, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #1,234 of 1,473
It´s curious. Yesterday I downloaded the Draconian album and listened to it with the Denon AH-D9200s (almost all my metal albums sound very good with them) and it sounded hazy, with no detail in vocals (I love the detail in the vocals with the 9200s in most of my albums).

Now, I'm listening with the Senn HD 800s and, althought I miss a little the bass punch, sounds exceptional (except the grunts in Sleepwalkers, but with these cans remain at background :wink: )

A lovely album, thanks again @OctavianH.

I am glad you like it. That album is quite good and one of the best in 2020. Now, in the same area, I listen at the moment (exactly now) to Marianas Rest - Fata Morgana.

There is so much music, we just need 200 years to just sit and listen.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #1,236 of 1,473
As a CB design, did it provide any isolation from outside noise, as well as outside isolation from the headphone sound production?
Wife was happy so headphones didn’t leak too much noise I guess.....
Can’t say the same about noise from outsides, leaking in. It’s OK but not great.
I’ll certainly explore CB conversion option with LCDX. Swapping “cap”process needs to be more convenient tho.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #1,237 of 1,473
These pads are just NUTS. IN a good way.
B5E9A42F-BAA1-4E0A-875F-3BBBEA6011FF.jpeg

1D3B2475-847A-45B7-9C73-0F8AACD1B8BB.jpeg

3B59FD88-67DC-4641-BD8A-866EF9749EE9.jpeg

Mar 24, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #1,240 of 1,473
Wow, like an echo chamber in there :gs1000smile:
Yeah. It’s freakn weird in a good way. There’s nothing between driver and ear drum. Soundstage became sort of 3D. Detail, realism increased from stock. Which is crazy.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #1,241 of 1,473
Mar 24, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #1,242 of 1,473

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #1,243 of 1,473
I'm listening to Arne Domnérus today and you post this :deadhorse: Three songs to end the album (What kind of fool am I) and time to drastically change genre :relieved:

Edit 1: Ok, I watched both videos. I love the first, it remember me something that Youtube recommended me after watched the "Hellblade II" trailer in the announcement of Xbox series X. The second video is unclassificable for me :rolling_eyes: but love to find new things.

Thanks for sharing.

Edit 2: I found the band I was referring:

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #1,244 of 1,473
I'm listening to Arne Domnérus today and you post this :deadhorse: Three songs to end the album (What kind of fool am I) and time to drastically change genre :relieved:

Edit 1: Ok, I watched both videos. I love the first, it remember me something that Youtube recommended me after watched the "Hellblade II" trailer in the announcement of Xbox series X. The second video is unclassificable for me :rolling_eyes: but love to find new things.

Thanks for sharing.

Edit 2: I found the band I was referring:

Just some random music that catch my interest. Sound that I'm not very familiar with but I kind of like it. Listening to classic music on mega pads right now. I think we found hybrid baby of Verite Open and HD800s.lol

Mar 24, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #1,245 of 1,473
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back