Looking for ( found )"end game" headphones in 2K ± price range.
Mar 14, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #1,216 of 1,473
Final D8000 is such a total package, that I would be (pleasantly, of course) surprised if any of the Kennerton stable is up to (that level of) par. It's that balanced.
I share your uplifting, hopeful and wishful thinking. Lol
I don’t claim knowledge of every headphones out there but I haven’t come across more all-rounded presentation than D8000. I love those quite a bit. As far as total balance/presentation, these are hard to beat. Unless you look for specific trades/color/strengths.

Mar 14, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #1,217 of 1,473
I share your uplifting, hopeful and wishful thinking. Lol
I don’t claim knowledge of every headphones out there but I haven’t come across more all-rounded presentation than D8000. I love those quite a bit. As far as total balance/presentation, these are hard to beat. Unless you look for specific trades/color/strengths.

I'm with you on that. And you know how much I love my ADX5000, but for the "total package" of well-rounded, balanced, highly technical approach, D8000 has been unbeatable for me, and I've tried all of the best outside of Abyss TC and Susvara. I would definitely like to hear how the Kennerton Thror competes, though.

Mar 14, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #1,218 of 1,473
I'm with you on that. And you know how much I love my ADX5000, but for the "total package" of well-rounded, balanced, highly technical approach, D8000 has been unbeatable for me, and I've tried all of the best outside of Abyss TC and Susvara. I would definitely like to hear how the Kennerton Thror competes, though.
Kennerton is a bit of an exotic fruit in our part of the woods. So it sure will be interesting to see and hear if there’s something there to get excited about.
As much as like ADX5000 for what they do best, they’re not without faults. D8000 are probably the closest thing to my personal “get it and forget it headphone”.

Mar 14, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #1,219 of 1,473
I've tried all of the best outside of Abyss TC and Susvara
Ppl are conflicted between D8K and TC as far as which does what better or which is overall go to headphone. Coming from “comfort does matter” camp, I have a feeling that D8K would be more what I would consider as “adequately comfortable”. Susvara suppose to lose that distinguished metallic signature that irritates me so much with most HiFiman cans, so who knows?

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #1,220 of 1,473
Ppl are conflicted between D8K and TC as far as which does what better or which is overall go to headphone. Coming from “comfort does matter” camp, I have a feeling that D8K would be more what I would consider as “adequately comfortable”. Susvara suppose to lose that distinguished metallic signature that irritates me so much with most HiFiman cans, so who knows?

TC just looks like it may be more fuss than it's worth; between the odd fit, the rubber band contraption, supposedly easily-chippable paint, and the high price, I can't see myself ever going out of my way for it although I'm sure I'll try it sometime.

I find Hifiman headphones don't fit my head very well, and sound is thin on all I've tried, although Susvara apparently rectified that. But for the build quality of it, the price seems too much.

Mar 15, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #1,221 of 1,473
TC just looks like it may be more fuss than it's worth; between the odd fit, the rubber band contraption, supposedly easily-chippable paint, and the high price, I can't see myself ever going out of my way for it although I'm sure I'll try it sometime.

I find Hifiman headphones don't fit my head very well, and sound is thin on all I've tried, although Susvara apparently rectified that. But for the build quality of it, the price seems too much.
The 1266 TC's on that Formula X1 rig at the last Canjam was phenomenal. I really loved my time with it. I can't see myself spending that much on something that isn't as comfy as say the Empyreans, but I like how it's a "no comprises" approach when it comes to sound.

DSC_1881.JPG

Mar 15, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #1,222 of 1,473
The 1266 TC's on that Formula X1 rig at the last Canjam was phenomenal. I really loved my time with it. I can't see myself spending that much on something that isn't as comfy as say the Empyreans, but I like how it's a "no comprises" approach when it comes to sound.

DSC_1881.JPG

That looks like a phenomenal stack, even that mini-rack looks like it'd probably $1,000 haha.

I was so annoyed that every time I passed this booth at CanJam it already had somebody thoroughly enjoying the TC 😂

Mar 15, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #1,223 of 1,473

DSC_1881.JPG
I definitely share your sentiment of spending that much $ on "statement" setup that can't be fully enjoyed....... I mean, surely, quality is there. No denying that. But the way I listen to music is not what I would consider a "normal" arrangement. I don't sit at my desk or stationary setup while listening to headphones. I usually sit/lay down on my couch chilling 10-12 feet away from my gear. So headphones like Abyss is probably a "no go" for me... Maybe Diana but those are probably to expensive for what they offer? Or maybe not.

Cup size/shape might be a lot better than that of Arya or HEKS. I can't justify Susvara's asking price. No matter what discounts are out there, I still believe that it is NOT worth it. It's probably my bias against this particular brand. So yeah, there's that as well...

Mar 15, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #1,224 of 1,473
That looks like a phenomenal stack, even that mini-rack looks like it'd probably $1,000 haha.

I was so annoyed that every time I passed this booth at CanJam it already had somebody thoroughly enjoying the TC 😂
Haha they actually discuss the stack in the Linus/DMS review here:

I definitely share your sentiment of spending that much $ on "statement" setup that can't be fully enjoyed....... I mean, surely, quality is there. No denying that. But the way I listen to music is not what I would consider a "normal" arrangement. I don't sit at my desk or stationary setup while listening to headphones. I usually sit/lay down on my couch chilling 10-12 feet away from my gear. So headphones like Abyss is probably a "no go" for me... Maybe Diana but those are probably to expensive for what they offer? Or maybe not.
Agreed. The Diana's look tempting but I'm worried that I'd constantly be telling myself they're not TC's :beyersmile:

Mar 15, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #1,225 of 1,473
How can I get full potential out of TC with glass of scotch in my hand, dog in my lap and staying mostly horizontal? Lol Not for me I’m afraid.
0D490636-76F6-424A-91FD-4756AD0B41F0.jpeg

Mar 15, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #1,226 of 1,473
@OctavianH , I think that you recommended me one song (Sleepwalkers) of this album "Draconian - Under A Godless Veil" and I think I said you that I didn't like the grunts - I have listened today to the same track and I still don't like the presentation of the grunts on that song-

Today, I listened to another song of this album and absolutely love it. Was the first song: "Sorrow of Sophia". I will give another try to the album, that song brought me to the best times of bands like "Theatre of Tragedy" with a bit of doom :L3000:

Right now, I'm listening to "My dying bride - Evinta". Sometimes, I put this album that captures all MDB best songs in a melodic way :relieved:

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #1,227 of 1,473
How can I get full potential out of TC with glass of scotch in my hand, dog in my lap and staying mostly horizontal? Lol Not for me I’m afraid.
0D490636-76F6-424A-91FD-4756AD0B41F0.jpeg
I think your dog likes the music that escape from your open headphones :wink:

Mar 15, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #1,228 of 1,473
Mar 15, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #1,229 of 1,473
Don’t judge....... lol
74DE0646-CFF8-4931-8A5C-F3083EE06441.jpeg

Just some silliness out of boredom. Good news is that drivers can handle it.
Edit. Those are actual LCDXs not DIY thingy.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #1,230 of 1,473
Don’t judge....... lol
74DE0646-CFF8-4931-8A5C-F3083EE06441.jpeg

Just some silliness out of boredom. Good news is that drivers can handle it.

Now this is not something you see everyday!

So...how do they sound???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back