Looking for extra bassy IEM models!
Jan 9, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #31 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Audio Technica CKS70 is on sale 42% off on Accessoryjack.com for $55, good deal? reliable site?

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_recording /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At 55 bucks I'd definately recommend them. They are at the very least fun!

Actually, $55 is the amount of the discount (42% of the $130 list price). The earphones are still ($129.99-$55)=74.99

Jan 10, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #33 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modifiedz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How did we narrow down the bassy IEM search to these 3 phones?
Have you read any reviews of these IEM's, and the bass produced by them?

nono, It is just the ones that I can find locally available, none of these fancy names are even heard of around my area...

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #36 of 45
Quote:

Bassy - Emphasized Bass.
Seismic - Very low bass that you feel rather than hear.
Warm - Good bass, adequate low frequencies, adequate fundamentals relative to harmonics. Not thin. Also excessive bass or mid bass. Also, pleasantly spacious, with adequate reverberation at low frequencies. Also see Rich, Round. Warm highs means sweet highs.
Detailed - Easy to hear tiny details in the music
Fast - Good reproduction of rapid transients which increase the sense of realism and "snap".
Grip - A sense of control and sturdiness in the bass
Imaging - The sense that a voice or instrument is in a particular place in the room.

Now, of course I'm not getting all of these in my price range, but I'd like to aim to get the first 3, with still decent-good Mids and Highs, which are still important to hear clearly, and undistorted, I've owned IEMs that caused the mids and highs to go flat, I do not want that.

The CKS70 are a very good bassy phone with a huge soundstage, they give your bass requests I believe. Their biggest weakness is the treble is not as detailed as other phones which you mentioned as being a concern. I started the appreciation thread and feel I have accurately laid out their strengths and weaknesses so you do need to look at them and decide if they are the right choice. From the appreciation thread I would have to say that if you can find the Mingo WM2 or the Cyclone PR2 you may get a headphone that has good bass and soundstage without sacrificing the treble so much.

For myself, the talk about the IE8 having the huge soundstage and bass plus treble has lead me to buy a pair of IE8's versus trying another $100 IEM. But if that kind of money is completely out of the your budget the 3 headphones mentioned above will get you a decent IEM I believe.

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #37 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by ceekay84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A simple search would have sufficed but here are some bass-heavy iems but for less than $100 and gathering from what you wanted, you can't go wrong with the UE 5 eb. It's a bit more than $100 ($110 on ebay) but the bass is its strong point.

I felt the same and once the wire broke inside while trying to change the cable I was about to junk mine too. Then I found the answer. I got them reshelled into a custom shell. Best investment ever made. These are now my favorite rap IEMs. The bass is unreal and the fit is *perfect*. These IEMs were just too heavy to be placing the diaphragm all the way out there like that. If your ears are big enough to hold the diaphragm then getting a pair to put in a custom shell is perfect for a basshead.

My Adventure.

Jan 10, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #38 of 45
Quote:

Hey, The Nu-force aren't expensive at all on that site.

Are the Nuforce NE-8 better then the NE-6?

No! Whatever you do do not get the NE-8 for bass. As good as they are the low registers aren't just bass-light, they're bass-zero. It's all but missing completely.

Another suggestion: check how much a RadioPaq Jazz will cost you to import from the UK . I consider them to be superior to the NE-6 pretty much all around and their prices have really been dropping lately. I paid over $80 for my first set but you may be able to find a set for less now.

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #39 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No! Whatever you do do not get the NE-8 for bass. As good as they are the low registers aren't just bass-light, they're bass-zero. It's all but missing completely.

Another suggestion: check how much a RadioPaq Jazz will cost you to import from the UK . I consider them to be superior to the NE-6 pretty much all around and their prices have really been dropping lately. I paid over $80 for my first set but you may be able to find a set for less now.

I read that right after I posted this, lol, no worries, I'll look into that other one, but will an IEM called Radiopaq Jazz work for metal?
beyersmile.png

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #40 of 45
Quote:

I read that right after I posted this, lol, no worries, I'll look into that other one, but will an IEM called Radiopaq Jazz work for metal?
beyersmile.png

Yes, the Jazz cope very well with metal. Think of Jazz as just the model name. And don't pay attention to the RadioPaq Rock - they're said to be awful.

Jan 11, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #41 of 45
The audio fischer eterna has amazing bass. actually made me a lil sick.

Jan 11, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #42 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by happybuns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The audio fischer eterna has amazing bass. actually made me a lil sick.

LOL! There's a positive endorsement right there
icon10.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #43 of 45
If you want bass heavy for cheap go with the Image S4s and get the Fiio E5 to go with them. I bought the S4s and loved them, but was underwhelmed by the bass so I got the E5 for the bass boost. When paired the S4s have a huge amount of bass, which is exactly what I was looking for. It will run you about $110 but I'd pay the extra ten to be sure you have loud, punchy and detailed bass.

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #44 of 45
Canadians looking for Klipsch IEMs might want to have a look at jr.com...

They offer shipping for 6$, and the S4 are at 80$ versus 110$ at canadian retailers - and with the exchange rates, it goes without saying that it'll be cheaper...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back