Looking for extra bassy IEM models!
Jan 7, 2010 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

Gage

Head-Fier
Firstly, I apologize for all the posts I've made, but they seem to keep getting lost in the pages lol.

regardless, looking to spend less then $100 on IEM's.

I'm assuming you all have read this post here http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/des...ossary-220770/ which is describing each of the terms.

I am not fussy particularly, but love a lot of bass, so, going by the terms on that page, I am looking for:

(I copied the descriptions to, as if you haven't read them I don't expect you to)
Bassy - Emphasized Bass.
Seismic - Very low bass that you feel rather than hear.
Warm - Good bass, adequate low frequencies, adequate fundamentals relative to harmonics. Not thin. Also excessive bass or mid bass. Also, pleasantly spacious, with adequate reverberation at low frequencies. Also see Rich, Round. Warm highs means sweet highs.
Detailed - Easy to hear tiny details in the music
Fast - Good reproduction of rapid transients which increase the sense of realism and "snap".
Grip - A sense of control and sturdiness in the bass
Imaging - The sense that a voice or instrument is in a particular place in the room.

Now, of course I'm not getting all of these in my price range, but I'd like to aim to get the first 3, with still decent-good Mids and Highs, which are still important to hear clearly, and undistorted, I've owned IEMs that caused the mids and highs to go flat, I do not want that.

any help appreciated.

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #2 of 45
I would also like to avoid muddy sound as well, nothing worse then mixed sound, I like to be able to clearly hear all the instruments in the songs.

I am currently using my Sony EX32's as my bassy earphones, which aren't bad, but could be a lot better.

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 45
A simple search would have sufficed but here are some bass-heavy iems but for less than $100 and gathering from what you wanted, you can't go wrong with the UE 5 eb. It's a bit more than $100 ($110 on ebay) but the bass is its strong point.

Jan 7, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bassy - Emphasized Bass.
Seismic - Very low bass that you feel rather than hear.
Warm - Good bass, adequate low frequencies, adequate fundamentals relative to harmonics. Not thin. Also excessive bass or mid bass. Also, pleasantly spacious, with adequate reverberation at low frequencies. Also see Rich, Round. Warm highs means sweet highs.
Detailed - Easy to hear tiny details in the music

i'd recommend the klipsch s4. imo, it has plenty of bass, without being bloated. in your price range, it's gonna be difficult to find an IEM with the amount of bass that you're looking for + being detailed.

also, with iem's i don't think you're really gonna find any "seismic" bass, afaik.

Jan 7, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #5 of 45
To be honest the best bass for a basshead like me that i've come across was the UE 5EB's. however they were far too heavy and uncomfortable, and so i got rid of them after 3 months.

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #8 of 45
I vouch for the Atrio or the Fischer Audio Eterna (DISCLAIMER: I do have a store that sells the Eterna, but it is my personal opinion that the Eterna would fit your needs a bit better perhaps than the Atrio. I have no problem with you taking my advice but buying from someone other than me.) I think the Eternas have better imaging than the Atrios, or perhaps even the PFE. I may be wrong on the PFE though, as it has been about a year since I owned them.
I haven't heard any other bassy IEMs, but the FX500 might be another one to look at.

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #10 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
C710 could be of interest to you

No doubt about that
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #13 of 45
I do understand that I am asking a lot out of <$100 IEM's, but those are only meant to be guidelines, Bass is most important, I want bass that doesn't distort Mids and Treble.

So, I am narrowing my search to:

Bassy - Emphasized Bass.
Warm - Good bass, adequate low frequencies, adequate fundamentals relative to harmonics. Not thin. Also excessive bass or mid bass.
Fast - Good reproduction of rapid transients which increase the sense of realism and "snap".

as much bass as humanly possible, that doesn't distort mids and high.

darn I feel fussy... sorry...

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #14 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by knubbe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UE SF5EB

Wonderful bass for an IEM!

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #15 of 45
My Sony EX32 make me feel the bass in my head, Which is what I am looking for just higher quality, do you think the UE SF5EB will do that for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back