Looking for extra bassy IEM models!
Jan 8, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #16 of 45
At $100, you will not get fast, detailed phones with warm bass. Period. Phones that are simultaneously detailed and warm tend to be top liners. It's the main compromise you make at this price point.

And like nyjets said, there are no IEMs with seismic bass. The power it takes to audibly reproduce those frequencies (<20hz) doesn't come in an IEM. Hell, it doesn't even come in your cheaper subwoofers.

The two phones I know at this price point are the Atrios and the UE5EB. Between these two are a quality vs. quantity distinction. The 5EB is deep and loud, but boomy. The bass has a big-dynamic-driver sound, and not in a good way. It's like having an (inferior) Etymotic 6i rubber-banded to a cheap Senns.

By contrast, the Atrios have tamer bass, but it's more accurate and proportional. Rather than raw thump, they have tonal accuracy, balance, and a respect for the sound of the musical ensemble, which is harder to duplicate than a collection of electronic tones.

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #17 of 45
Like I said, I was quite aware getting all those in an IEM is not possible for my price range, but they were rather guidelines as to what I am aiming for.

as far as boomy bass, I like boomy as long as the boom is in time with the music, not delayed a beat.

I guess I was using the term Seismic Bass incorrectly, I am talking bass that Vibrates, not necessarily "feel" in that sense.

Maybe I should just stick to Skullcandy FMJ's or Sony EX32's lol...

I'm just looking for boomy, strong bass with strong mids and relatively clear highs, as long as they sound better then my Sony's or FMJ's I will not be fussy
smily_headphones1.gif

If the FMJ's had any mids whatsoever I'd be ok with them, but they are honestly all lows and high, no mids at all, even with EQ...

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #18 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by nyjets28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'd recommend the klipsch s4. imo, it has plenty of bass, without being bloated. in your price range, it's gonna be difficult to find an IEM with the amount of bass that you're looking for + being detailed.

also, with iem's i don't think you're really gonna find any "seismic" bass, afaik.

Doesn't need to be extremely detailed, just moreso then my Skullcandys and Sony's, which isn't saying much LOL.

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #19 of 45
the triple.fi 10's sound really nice. Low and punchy!
Hmm another set which can compare was the UE 5pro EB, that was nice.

Jan 9, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #20 of 45
Consider the Audio Technica ATH-CKS70, which are apparently considered better than the Monster Turbines if you are looking for a more well rounded earphone, with even more tremendous bass. They may be a little over your price range, but I'd imagine their little brothers the ATH-CKS50 wouldn't be too bad.

All I know is that the CKS70 produces a hilarious amount of bass - literally bass you can feel in your ears at 15hz. (I played some tones through them for fun!
biggrin.gif
)

Jan 9, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #21 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_recording /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Consider the Audio Technica ATH-CKS70, which are apparently considered better than the Monster Turbines if you are looking for a more well rounded earphone, with even more tremendous bass.

That's one person's opinion. It's how FOTMs get launched. Not everyone likes the CKS70.

Jan 9, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #23 of 45
UE SF5 EBs have addicting bass, but the bass overpowers most of the details in the mids. The highs are also very harsh, sibilance is an issue with certain recordings (at least in my case).

I much prefer the Nuforce NE-6s over the SF5 Ebs.. You obviously loose a some bass, when switching from SF5 EBs to NE-6s, but in my opinion it's well worth it.

At $40, they're well within your price range.

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #25 of 45
I am unsure of whether to go for UE SF5 EB's or the Nuforce NE-6... hmm... as long as it is an upgrade from my current earphones, I don't care, I think I may go with the UE SF5 EB's, or maybe the Denon C710 was it? If I can find them within my price range, I don't have a clue what they cost.

Thanks for all the replies!

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #26 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by thornygravy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UE SF5 EBs have addicting bass, but the bass overpowers most of the details in the mids. The highs are also very harsh, sibilance is an issue with certain recordings (at least in my case).

I much prefer the Nuforce NE-6s over the SF5 Ebs.. You obviously loose a some bass, when switching from SF5 EBs to NE-6s, but in my opinion it's well worth it.

At $40, they're well within your price range.

Harsh highs only make Slayers solos sound more aggressive! no problems there! lol...

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #27 of 45
ooook... Found the UE SF5 EB's for $167... to high of a price range for me.

How are the Shure SE115, Shure SE110, or Sennheiser CX300? I can find those a bit cheaper lol

I dislike Canada something terrible when it comes to IEMs

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #29 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ooook... Found the UE SF5 EB's for $167... to high of a price range for me.

How are the Shure SE115, Shure SE110, or Sennheiser CX300? I can find those a bit cheaper lol

I dislike Canada something terrible when it comes to IEMs

How did we narrow down the bassy IEM search to these 3 phones?
Have you read any reviews of these IEM's, and the bass produced by them?

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #30 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's one person's opinion. It's how FOTMs get launched. Not everyone likes the CKS70.

I'd agree they have a fair bit of mid bass hump, but if you EQ them right you can get a great balanced sound out of them. The mid bass is what makes them seem boomy, but the lower extension sounds tight to me
smily_headphones1.gif
and if you change the filters, the mids improve as well.

At 55 bucks I'd definately recommend them. They are at the very least fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back