Looking for earphones $20 or lower...
Aug 12, 2012 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

DL-ish

New Head-Fier
Currently I possess an ATH M50 and AIAIAI TMA1. I mean these aren't high end phones but I think it spoiled me a bit. Now before I get stated with asking my question I know that it's probably going to be hard to get decent earphones for this price but I have to say that I have been using stock earphones for my Iphone 4 for a long time. It's been absolutely terrible but it finally broke down. 
I know that I'm on a budget so I'm making a very difficult decision from what to choose from. People say that JVC's are pretty good for the cheap price however I have previously had JVC's and want to try something new. 
I've been looking into a few cheap earphones such as the Sony MDR-ED12LP and the MeElectronics M9 but I don't know what's good and what's not. I'm actually not looking for earphones that are bass heavy like the headphones that I possess but something that is very bright... I suppose. I mostly listen to Hip Hop and Electronic however, I also like to listen to other genres and the issue that I am facing is the fear that the bass and/or other aspects of certain earphones may become too overpowering or muffled. 
I would like to apologize for the long text but if anyone can give me a person review of either or both MDR-ED12LP and the MeElectronics M9 I would appreciate it. 

If anyone has better suggestion please contribute. Thanks!

Aug 17, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #5 of 6
The monoprice 8320's are far superior to the M9's  for sq in my testing.  They fit my ears so that is my advantage for sure.  Many people need different tips though.  A search and read of the $7.11 thread will give you all the information that you need.  These 8320's are very satisfying as far as sound quality is concerned.

Aug 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #6 of 6
I know you said no JVC, but I don't care. You should check the JVC HA-FX40 out. It would be a crime to write them off based on older, outdated JVC models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back